Who would you like to have returning punts?

Who would you like to be the Packers pr?

• Peter Warrick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrence Murphy

• Andrae Thurman

• Antonio Chatman

• other

• Total voters

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peter Warrick? Last I heard, he was not on the team, and I do not buy into the notion that he will be any time soon.

That being said, Terrence Murphy when he gets healthy.

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just threw him out there because there have been some rumblings on talkradio, message boards, and the news about TT showing interest in him (although last I heard, he was checking out seattle).

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I voted for Chatman by default. We have yet to see what Murphy can do because of injuries. I think Chatman's done a servicable job in that role the last few years. The thing I like about him is that he doesn't put the ball on the turf. I've also felt like he's never had adequate blocking.

FL Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chatman is the only choice. Murphy has no experience returning punts...why would anyone select him!?!? Warrick would be a high price PR because we don't need him as a WR. I agree with an earlier post...Chatman fields the ball well, doesn't fumble and hasn't had adequate blocking.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have never understood why this subject keeps coming up since Chapman has had the job. Earlier posters are correct, Antonio has never had great blocking when it comes to our punt return team, I think I am right in saying he has never fumbled and has muffed only one punt since he has been the man.

Give me a guy who is going to hold onto the ball, then start finding people who will hustle and block for him, any return yards he gets is gravy.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed!!

Considering the conditions that GB plays in from Nov - Jan, you must have a sure handed punt returner! Chatman has proven to be that.

As for being able to take it the distance, Chatman hasn't had a chance. I'm positive that Rossum couldn't do any better with the blocking that we've had in the last couple years.

The job is Chatman's until he gets injured or someone better comes along. We have too many other needs to be concerned about fixing something that isn't broken.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Actually, it is my understanding the Murphy excelled at return duties in college.

He still has to prove that he can do it well with the type of blocking GB has provided (not much) and do it no matter what the weather. Murphy could have competed for the job, but he's been injured too much.

Most likely he won't get a chance to battle for the job until next year. Of course if he gets healthy, he could battle out for returning kick-offs in order to limit Fergie's ST time.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Murphy was a kick off returner in college, however he received a little practice returning punts earlier in training camp, but was having trouble catching the ball. If Chatman is ready after the neck injury he received in last week's game against the Pats, the job as punt returner is most like his for the reasons some of you posted in this topic. He also really made himself pretty good wide receiver over the last year or so. Favre is not afraid to throw to him.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
chatman...just because of his fundamental skill...sure, i'd love to have a dante hall back there for us who can break it open, but with our offense, someone who can just CATCH THE BALL and not give it away, which chatman is solid at is something we need, i'm sure davenport and some others will get chances on kick returns, but punt returns i pick the incumbent

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of those I would also have to go with Chatman. He is good from a conservative standpoint in that he has sure hands and doesn't fumble.However, a good share of that is because he backs off a lot of balls with the defense bearing down on him and the ball rolls another 20+ yards. Also, he calls for a fair catch quite often when there is 10+ yards of space. In addition, he seldom makes the first man miss,which good returners do most of the time.

I was hoping Bragg would be an upgrade this year, but it doesn't look like it.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CalifPacker said:
I voted for Chatman but would like to see Murphy get a shot at it when he gets back on the field.

***Warning Madden '06 Reference to Follow***

He's not so hot in the game :p

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Willie Wood
2. Desmond Howard
3. Steve Odom

Actually, without getting TOO silly, I think it matters little who returns punts at this time... Their blocking is horrible.

Members online

Latest posts