Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2022?

Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2022?

• No One, He'll Retire

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Denver Broncos

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • New Orleans Saints

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Bay Packers

Votes: 46 61.3%
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Las Vegas Raiders

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Another NFL Team

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I think there's always the possibility that a big flame out in another playoff game could be the straw that breaks the camel's back, but I honestly feel as if cooler heads will prevail and that the Packers will appease Rodgers enough to keep him in the building.

Honestly, and this might not be a popular opinion for some, but it's quite literally the best scenario for everyone involved for Rodgers to be here. The Packers get (IMO) 3-4 more years of Super Bowl contention, and for Rodgers, he has a proven coaching staff, a proven GM, and a solid team in place to continue winning. Not to mention the NFC North is still a dumpster fire.

Also, in extending Rodgers, he will save the Packers from themselves with the Jordan Love experiment.
Proven coaching staff??? How can you have major trouble during the regular season due to special teams and not fix it. As we all know, it cost us the game.
Also, other than the first offensive series, our offense was terrible. Great coaching????

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't be surprised if he leaves and I won't blame him.
I will still be a fan of his as long as he does not pull a Favre and retire only to change his mind and end up playing for a rival team.
If we break in a new QB and don't make next year playoffs, well, it's not like we were going to win the playoffs anyway.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers discussing Hackett in an interview year or so ago said this after talking about it for quite awhile…

Attachments

• B2541912-0B3C-4AAB-95D8-7CBAAEEB74D4.jpeg
    B2541912-0B3C-4AAB-95D8-7CBAAEEB74D4.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 73

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now you are starting to sound like the 4 Yorkshiremen in a Monty Python Sketch lol
To those who don't know what Phil is referring to, it goes back to a "poor mouth" sketch they did. One-up-manship at it's best.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
I'd say it's close between playing for the Broncos, retiring, or being back with us next year. I voted that he is most likely going to Denver, that I what I am leaning towards right now, although nothing would surprise me.

jdizz81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he comes back or retires. I just keep thinking nothing is guaranteed in Denver which almost has to be the only other place that’s an option. We were close this year so fkn close. Lessons were learned I think we all saw the special teams thing coming. I’m confident MFL will get that phase right he said himself I hope they just don’t screw it up I remember Aikman say on the broad cast something of that effect. We get the o line healthy and we run it back.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
So I haven't heard anything lately so is Rogers officially out or is it crickets right now?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he comes back or retires. I just keep thinking nothing is guaranteed in Denver which almost has to be the only other place that’s an option. We were close this year so fkn close. Lessons were learned I think we all saw the special teams thing coming. I’m confident MFL will get that phase right he said himself I hope they just don’t screw it up I remember Aikman say on the broad cast something of that effect. We get the o line healthy and we run it back.
No, we've been "so fkn close" for years now. Rodgers can't get over the hump because no matter how good you are, it's always difficult getting over that hump. When things get difficult, he only looks for #17, and everyone knows it. That's why SF didn't even bother to cover Lazard.

Reaction score
No, we've been "so fkn close" for years now. Rodgers can't get over the hump because no matter how good you are, it's always difficult getting over that hump. When things get difficult, he only looks for #17, and everyone knows it. That's why SF didn't even bother to cover Lazard.
Your right, but I believe even Aaron will admit that and the coaches.
Give Rodgers more targets and that wouldn't happen.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your right, but I believe even Aaron will admit that and the coaches.
Give Rodgers more targets and that wouldn't happen.

He has targets. He refused to throw to two of them who were wide open on the final drive on back-to-back plays. What more were they supposed to do? Jump up and down and scream, "I'm open! I'm open!" like playground football? The issue is in Aaron's head.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers will play for whatever team he wants to play for.

I'm not sure that he has decided yet.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The Packers would be absolutely nuts to "gut the roster" and keep Rodgers. Why make the team worse than the one that lost their first game of the playoffs AND watch Rodgers walk away next year (unless we tag him) and get nothing in return.

I actually think Rodgers statement of not wanting to be a part of a rebuild was a very calculated one on his part, big surprise. He knows that it would be very difficult for the Packers to keep both him and Adams and enough other pieces that fit his statement of it not being a rebuild. The more and more I think about this, the more I think he is gone.

The other thing to keep in mind is the Packers aren't the only one in cap hell. Most teams plans for 2022 were made pre-covid and not knowing that the cap would be drastically lower than planned. Teams reacted last year to the reduced cap by pushing more money out, can they do that again this year? This is going to create even more bargains for cap fat teams than we saw last year. There are going to be a lot of middle of the road guys, not making nearly as much as they thought they were going to.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers would be absolutely nuts to "gut the roster" and keep Rodgers. Why make the team worse than the one that lost their first game of the playoffs AND watch Rodgers walk away next year (unless we tag him) and get nothing in return.
Part of AR returning in '21 was that his contract was amended so that he's a free agent 1 day AFTER the tag deadline... he CAN NOT be franchise tagged for '23.

I agree with AR's statement being calculated and is a signal to other NFL teams "don't bother" IF they're not ready to compete for a title in '22. IMHO he's bound for Denver... they need a QB, are poised to sell the team and need "a face of the franchise" to sweeten the deal. I'm also guessing that Hackett was hired to bring AR there, and in turn AR has "agreed" (to Hackett) to play for more 3 years to chase the Lombardi Trophy.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Part of AR returning in '21 was that his contract was amended so that he's a free agent 1 day AFTER the tag deadline... he CAN NOT be franchise tagged for '23.

I agree with AR's statement being calculated and is a signal to other NFL teams "don't bother" IF they're not ready to compete for a title in '22. IMHO he's bound for Denver... they need a QB, are poised to sell the team and need "a face of the franchise" to sweeten the deal. I'm also guessing that Hackett was hired to bring AR there, and in turn AR has "agreed" (to Hackett) to play for more 3 years to chase the Lombardi Trophy.
Talk of the Broncos possibly hiring Luke Getsy and Stenavich from Green Bay is further fuel for this making more and more sense.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Got ya and smart move on Rodgers part. Which to me means you can't let him play out the current contract, which I doubt, the cap would allow for anyway. Which is another calculated way that Rodgers planned for this decision and for it to be totally in his control.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I had given up following the drama because there are so many moving parts. However, is it now possible for teams/players to determine when free agency starts as opposed to the NFL?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
is it now possible for teams/players to determine when free agency starts as opposed to the NFL?
Sure seems that way doesn't it? No way these deals are getting done in the 10 minutes after the "official start" of Free Agency, yet they are.

Like most rules, they should either enforce them or adjust them to what everyone is now doing, if that behavior is acceptable to the NFL.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure seems that way doesn't it? No way these deals are getting done in the 10 minutes after the "official start" of Free Agency, yet they are.
With Twitter, FB, and texting (or Snap Chat, which "evaporates" after a short time) it's impossible to keep players/coaches who have a personal relationship from "talking" and working out the framework of "a deal" at any time. The NFL needs to accept this and stop selectively punishing one team, coach or player(s) and either modify their rules OR continue closing their eyes to everything that goes on.

Members online

Latest posts