Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2022?

Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2022?

• No One, He'll Retire

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Denver Broncos

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • New Orleans Saints

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Bay Packers

Votes: 46 61.3%
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Las Vegas Raiders

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Another NFL Team

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t think Rodgers will sign for anything less than a “contract out” in 2025 (playing through 2024). But in reality if I’m Rodgers I’m wanting to play through 2025 (42 yrs old) or 4 seasons because this will be Rodgers last opportunity to get a 3+ years type deal, so he’ll shoot for 4 years, but may bend on the average annual to get there.

I heard 3 year extension at 40 million per year likely with a 4th void year and on top of the one year remaining on his current deal. That takes him thru the 2025 season

And the former gm who floated tat said guranteed all of it which im sure is what Rodgers will be shooting for

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard 3 year extension at 40 million per year likely with a 4th void year and on top of the one year remaining on his current deal. That takes him thru the 2025 season

And the former gm who floated tat said guranteed all of it which im sure is what Rodgers will be shooting for
lol… I heard 10 years …. 1 billion dollars per year all paid up front… Rodgers can leave whenever he wants he keeps all the money. I like your rumor better. Source?

PackerRyche

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers on the Adam Schein podcast earlier this week - "I decided when I came back that I was going to be all in with the team and all in to see things move forward to a better place. And that’s what the conversations were about, you know, during the offseason, was about being a part of those conversations that impact my ability to do my job. And I, you know, from one of the first days, Brian [Gutekunst] and I sat it down and got on the same page and it’s been a really nice Fall and Winter. I appreciate his approach, how it’s been, and it’s been very meaningful to me. So I’m thankful for that relationship, where it’s at at this point, and that’s made my life that much more enjoyable. So I gotta give Brian a lot of credit for meeting me in the middle."

That sounds to me like someone who is willing to do something very creative to stay in Green Bay.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That sounds to me like someone who is willing to do something very creative to stay in Green Bay.
I think it sounds like a guy who is content with the communication with the front office. AR asked for, and got, his contract length reduced to 2022, allowing him to cash-in one more time if he desires. That may be with GB or somewhere else... impossible to figure from that interview. Regardless, he's content with what will happen in Feb/March and is having fun focusing on playing & winning in '21/'22.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don’t think Rodgers will sign for anything less than a “contract out” in 2025 (playing through 2024). But in reality if I’m Rodgers I’m wanting to play through 2025 (42 yrs old) or 4 seasons because this will be Rodgers last opportunity to get a 3+ years type deal, so he’ll shoot for 4 years, but may bend on the average annual to get there.
Doubt it

I see 2 years. 5 mill per, ( to help team get cap) but 75 mill sig bonus

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doubt it

I see 2 years. 5 mill per, ( to help team get cap) but 75 mill sig bonus
doubt it lol…. 2 years 5 years per plus a 75 million dollar signing bonus would mean 42.5 million against the 2022 cap… at the very least you’d have to add some void years ag the end to spread out that bonus.

D

Deleted member 6794

If Rodgers has any brains he finishes up in Green Bay. But he’s a total head case so that’s no slam dunk. Best case for the Packers is they trade him for a passle of draft picks. Yes Brady is playing at a very high level at 43, but Rodgers has shown time after time he’s no Tom Brady.

The best case for the Packers is to hold on to Rodgers as long as he's capable of performing at an elite level.

You're right he's not like Brady though. While he's a better quarterback he hasn't had the benefit playing with a top 8 scoring defense for all of his career.

Unfortunately the Packers roster next year will be far less talented than this year.

There's a way to keep the band together if the Packers want to. They would need to push out a ton of cap space into future years though.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best case for the Packers is to hold on to Rodgers as long as he's capable of performing at an elite level.

You're right he's not like Brady though. While he's a better quarterback he hasn't had the benefit playing with a top 8 scoring defense for all of his career.

There's a way to keep the band together if the Packers want to. They would need to push out a ton of cap space into future years though.
Maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters, Brady has gotten it done time after time after time after time. Including in the NFCCG last year at Lambeau while Rodgers laid multiple eggs. Gotta do better this year.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters, Brady has gotten it done time after time after time after time. Including in the NFCCG last year at Lambeau while Rodgers laid multiple eggs. Gotta do better this year.

Rodgers is unquestionably a better individual player than Tom Brady

In fact that was illustrated in last years NFCCG. Rodgers had the better game but Bradys team had the better defense

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is unquestionably a better individual player than Tom Brady

In fact that was illustrated in last years NFCCG. Rodgers had the better game but Bradys team had the better defense
It’s not an individual game. It’s a team game. Brady has led his teams to 7 Superbowls. Rodgers has performed ho-hum in big games we lost. Including last years NFCCG. You know I was a Tom Brady naysayer like his first 3 super bowls. The 4th and 5th I kind of just kept quiet… 7&8 you just gotta sit back and admire that he does whatever it takes to win. You can argue all day long that Rodgers is a better technician… all Brady does is win. Rodgers caught lightning in a bottle once early in his career otherwise we’d be looking at the reincarnation of Dan Marino career-wise. Fairly or unfairly his latest off season stunt(s) have set him up to add to his legacy WAY WAY more if he produces in this years playoffs than if he had just kept his mouth shut. If he pulls it off, he still won’t be in Brady’s class other than with green and gold goggle Packer fans. I’d love to see it happen tho!!!

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To recap last yearS NFCCG 2 times inside the 10 first down…. 6 points…. 2 times in the second half 3 and out after an interception. That’s not the defense’s fault (nor is it solely Aaron Rodgers). But failure to see those shortcoming and the need to do better does not bode well. BTW this year our Red Zone offense is significantly not as good as last years. Again something that can be recognized and worked on. Was it Cleveland or Baltimore or both(?) where Rodgers misses 2 wide open TD passes and we hang on to win by a couple anyway. That’s Cleveland, that’s Baltimore with a second string QB. You do that in the playoffs you may be going home early (again). This notion that Rodgers just needs to chug along like he has and the rest of the team needs to step up is a recipe for (another) failure

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s not an individual game. It’s a team game. Brady has led his teams to 7 Superbowls. Rodgers has performed ho-hum in big games we lost. Including last years NFCCG. You know I was a Tom Brady naysayer like his first 3 super bowls. The 4th and 5th I kind of just kept quiet… 7&8 you just gotta sit back and admire that he does whatever it takes to win. You can argue all day long that Rodgers is a better technician… all Brady does is win. Rodgers caught lightning in a bottle once early in his career otherwise we’d be looking at the reincarnation of Dan Marino career-wise. Fairly or unfairly his latest off season stunt(s) have set him up to add to his legacy WAY WAY more if he produces in this years playoffs than if he had just kept his mouth shut. If he pulls it off, he still won’t be in Brady’s class other than with green and gold goggle Packer fans. I’d love to see it happen tho!!!

Oh I agree Brady wants it the most, hes competitive beyond belief, he seemingly wills his team to victory hes a true leader...

But you said it in your first sentence, its a team game

Lucky for Brady he had an all time defense last season and the Packers had Kevin King playing in key moments. Becas if he didnt no amount of will or leadership wins that game for the bucs with Brady throwing 3 ints

Brady is the best winner of all time...Rodgers is the best player of all time

D

Deleted member 6794

It's amazing that Rodgers, despite not performing up to potential by any means, has a higher passer rating in conference championship games over his career than Brady. The reason TB12 has won most of them is that his defense was elite for almost all of his career.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moving on from Rodgers would be more stupid than drafting Love. Rodgers has absolutely carried this offense. We have seen what happens when Love comes in.

You do whatever it takes to keep Rodgers. Extend the man and make his contract work, get rid of some vets you can live without, do whatever it takes.

If you let the best QB in the league, a back to back MVP walk away from the team you are unfit to be GM in this league.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moving on from Rodgers would be more stupid than drafting Love. Rodgers has absolutely carried this offense. We have seen what happens when Love comes in.

You do whatever it takes to keep Rodgers. Extend the man and make his contract work, get rid of some vets you can live without, do whatever it takes.

If you let the best QB in the league, a back to back MVP walk away from the team you are unfit to be GM in this league.
For the most part I agree but there are limits. I don't think you can simply say do whatever it takes because it is possible that what it might take is simply too much to be practical. Rodgers wants a 3 year extension worth 150 million guaranteed. Could we do it, yeah, should we? Probably not.

For the record I don't think money will be the ultimate deciding issue when it comes to Rodgers being here next year. It will come down to whether or not Rodgers feels his relationship with the organization has progressed far enough to where he no longer feels the animosity he held before the season.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It's amazing that Rodgers, despite not performing up to potential by any means, has a higher passer rating in conference championship games over his career than Brady. The reason TB12 has won most of them is that his defense was elite for almost all of his career.
Now captain.....there's no room for facts when it comes to trashing Aaron Rodgers. You should know this.

Reaction score
For the most part I agree but there are limits. I don't think you can simply say do whatever it takes because it is possible that what it might take is simply too much to be practical. Rodgers wants a 3 year extension worth 150 million guaranteed. Could we do it, yeah, should we? Probably not.

For the record I don't think money will be the ultimate deciding issue when it comes to Rodgers being here next year. It will come down to whether or not Rodgers feels his relationship with the organization has progressed far enough to where he no longer feels the animosity he held before the season.
Definitely.
Assuming Aaron has gotten over his main gripe? I’m going to guess its about term length due to his age. His next attempt at a contract won’t be until he’s in his early 40’s and it will be greatly inhibit the term length. This is his last big opportunity to get some security.

Obviously he’s going to get paid a good average yearly anywhere, including here with us.

Reaction score
I say he stays with a new contract with the rights to buy the team
and rename Lambeau Field to Rodgers Field.

Anything less, he'll sign with the Bears.

What Say??

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say he stays with a new contract with the rights to buy the team
and rename Lambeau Field to Rodgers Field.

Anything less, he'll sign with the Bears.

What Say??
The NFL frowns upon joint ownership of an NBA team and NFL team by a person... however IF he owned the NFL team (such as the Bears ;) ) and then became an NBA owner they couldn't say anything about it. When did he begin owning the Bears? ;)

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely.
Assuming Aaron has gotten over his main gripe? I’m going to guess its about term length due to his age. His next attempt at a contract won’t be until he’s in his early 40’s and it will be greatly inhibit the term length. This is his last big opportunity to get some security.

Obviously he’s going to get paid a good average yearly anywhere, including here with us.
I am going to go out on a limb here and say that I am pretty sure Aaron Rodgers already has some security. Just saying.
Oh, by the way it would have to be a pretty big limb.

Reaction score
I am going to go out on a limb here and say that I am pretty sure Aaron Rodgers already has some security. Just saying.
I’m not talking in general.
He’s going to want it in ink with his suitor. Very Specific terms etc..

Last edited:
Reaction score
As the season went on, I felt a lot was learn from A-rod and the front office about 2020 off season.

The one that I thought really keep his cool and hopes up was MLF was never a doubt A-rod
would be back.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts