Who wants to live in Green Bay now?

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lovin' it! I arrived in Green Bay around 3:30am Sat. morning. Woke up at 9 ate breakfast & went to Lambeau Field. All I can say is WOW! Took the tour & several times got teary eyed. Even got to walk through the tunnel the players walk through. What an experience! The field was naked. Didn't get to go on the field but was on the sideline. What an experience! Eatin' at Sammy's right now. Totally worth the drive. Monday going to the Packers job fair. GO PACK GO!!!

D

Dan115

Lovin' it! I arrived in Green Bay around 3:30am Sat. morning. Woke up at 9 ate breakfast & went to Lambeau Field. All I can say is WOW! Took the tour & several times got teary eyed. Even got to walk through the tunnel the players walk through. What an experience! The field was naked. Didn't get to go on the field but was on the sideline. What an experience! Eatin' at Sammy's right now. Totally worth the drive. Monday going to the Packers job fair. GO PACK GO!!!

I am sooooooooo very happy for YOU!!!

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
More than likely I'll leave early Tues. morning to beat the traffic.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at Curly's Pub today & saw the Rooks getting off the bus to do whatever they have planned. I figure to workout

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
They say if you love your job you never work a day in your life. I've heard that not only Lambeau Field,Curley's Pub & the surrounding area is totally wild & crazy w/Packer fans & I also believe that is an experience I will relish forever should I get the chance to work for the Packer organization. I've read where fans of other teams totally enjoyed their Lambeau experience. How much more as a Packer fan will enjoy it. Not only would this be a dream come true but an experience I can't even begin to imagine how great it will be. For those who get to live this yearly.......this has to be heaven on earth.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Visiting Lambeau is one thing a Packer fan will never regret. If at all possible a tour of Lambeau & the Hall of Fame is a must!

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back down in MS. Drove about 100 miles while in GB. There & back I drove a total of 1580 miles

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you get to the job fair?
Yes. They said they're going to hire 15-20 security people so just to be safe I put an app in w/Delaware foods who will be in charge of Curly's Pub & whatever else. They said they'd let me know in 2-4 weeks. I also got to meet coach MM. He was headed somewhere but I was able to talk to him for a couple secs. I also got to see the SB ring up close. SWEET!

OP
OP
GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
Yes. They said they're going to hire 15-20 security people so just to be safe I put an app in w/Delaware foods who will be in charge of Curly's Pub & whatever else. They said they'd let me know in 2-4 weeks. I also got to meet coach MM. He was headed somewhere but I was able to talk to him for a couple secs. I also got to see the SB ring up close. SWEET!
That's very cool. I'll bet MM was on his way to watch DD on Dancing With The Stars.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's very cool. I'll bet MM was on his way to watch DD on Dancing With The Stars.
Probably. He had a piece of luggage w/wheels on it so now that you mention that I did read where CM3,Rodgers & a couple other were going to down there to cheer for him

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course not! Alaska wishes it could have the same kind of weather Wisconsin has!

(of course, maybe because Wisconsin's only cold half of the year instead of all year.)
that comment about the Vikes belongs in the joke thread

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course not! Alaska wishes it could have the same kind of weather Wisconsin has!

(of course, maybe because Wisconsin's only cold half of the year instead of all year.)
In Alaska you have 6 months of light &6 months of dark. That'd take some gettin' used to

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is very interesting. I've lived near Green Bay all my life. Now getting ready to move to Mexico for retirement (health insurance related). Funny how that goes.
You'll miss the Packers & the snow. Well maybe not so much the snow as much

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fri. 5-25-12 I called the Green Bay Corp Office & left a msg checking up on my app hoping it'll give me an edge. GO PACK GO!!!

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is very interesting. I've lived near Green Bay all my life. Now getting ready to move to Mexico for retirement (health insurance related). Funny how that goes.
I told my wife that when we move up to Green Bay that likely every other Thanksgiving we'll go down to IN. w/our family which is about 7 hr. dr. from GB. The other yr we can travel to Detroit for a game(if they play GB of course). Green Bay actually has this Thanksgiving Day off

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good luck! I have some friends who have worked/currently work at Curly's. They say it can get pretty crazy (except during games, when it's dead).