1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Who isnt sold on Rodgers?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Jul 19, 2011.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,484
    There are still "Packer fans" not sold on Rodgers..???? I dont believe it..
    I can only imagine why those people feel 4 Rodgers the way they do..

All this time and those people still can't give Rodgers any love 4 being as good as he has been?

• Like Like x 1
  2. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    I havent heard any Rodgers Bashers since right around the lions game last year. Frankly how sensational he was throughout the playoffs/SB burned most if not all of the problems people had with him (cant win big games, cant beat great defenses) I like to believe most of the brent lovers are gone.....well at least quiet at this point

3. LAG

LAG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +164
    Yeah, the Brent/Ted bash-fires have been put out, since another shiny Lombardi came home to Titletown.

4. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,484
    Those fires still remain strong in some places I am told..

Just amazes me some people are still this ignorant/ or so spiteful towards Rodgers that they cant/wont still give him credit

5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    He still hasnt won a home playoff game!

He has never won the division!

He cant win in the 4th quarter!

I think those are the things I have heard from the haters.

6. AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan Section 121 Row 47

Ratings:
    +339
    I haven't heard one shred of that since the super bowl. In fact one of my good friends who was a staunch Favre supporter even admitted to me that I was right about Rodgers after the Super Bowl. That being said, I'm not surprised. There are idiots everywhere, right?

• Like Like x 1
  7. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473
    Bears fans still claim he was just lucky.

But they're Bears fans, so we make special allowances for stupidity.

8. AllouezPackerFan

Ratings:
    +339

I've heard the same thing from Vikings fans. Vikings fans are really easy to argue with though. All you have to do is tell them how they never win anything and then they have no comebacks. I love it.

9. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    I can't figure it myself. He's pulled on Superman's cape, he's pee-ed into the wind, he's pulled the mask off the Lone Ranger and he's also messed around with Jim.
    I guess they're waiting for him to throw a bomb to J-Mike on the moon.

10. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Lets be honest here. For those diehard Favre fans, nobody will ever come close to replacing him. If Jesus Himself came back to earth and took some snaps for the Packers, it still would not be good enough. It would not be Favre. I think it's better just to admit that than trying to convince them otherwise. It's just not going to happen. It's that whole unstoppable force meets an impenetrable object theory.

For some others, one SB ring may not be enough for them. It may have nothing at all to do with Favre. Some people take a little longer to believe.

For me, I believe in Aaron Rodgers as our QB and a leader of this team. I don't need any more convincing of what I already know to be true.

11. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    "Who isn't sold on Rodgers?"

dumbasses..... somebody needs to tell them. NEVER go full retard.

• Like Like x 1
  12. PackFanatic

PackFanatic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    A-Rod 1-0 in Super Bowl good enough for me!! brent who?

13. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +609
    Rodgers sucks. He will never have as many Super Bowl rings or have as much success as Favre.

... oh wait!

14. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Bears fans have no understanding of what constitutes good QB play. The last good one they had was Sid Luckman in 1950.

15. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Man, WTF are you talking about? Rodgers suck! He couldn't catch a damn ball, and didn't even crack the 53 man roster!

16. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Canadian Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +166
    What is there not to believe? He is a SB MVP. End of story.

17. AllouezPackerFan

Ratings:
    +339
    Yep.....Favre was never Super Bowl MVP.

18. jeg53

jeg53 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    Actually Rodgers is the anti Fav're in most ways, thankfully.

19. bubbahotep

bubbahotep Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +54
    One of my good buds is a 49ers fan, and he would give one of his testicles for ARod to be a Niner. I knew he was going to be good when Favre wouldn't mentor him.

• Like Like x 1
  20. LAG

LAG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +164
    Rodgers is sort of a contemporary Bart Starr in my mind. The dude get's better in the playoffs and doesn't go into fail mode like the interception king he replaced.

• Like Like x 1
  21. SeanMcDougall

SeanMcDougall Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Dude how can Packer fans not be sold on Rodgers yet. I loved the guy from the get-go and now He is my hero. Lets just put it this way...Rodgers is ranked #1 on Lindy's Sports for Passing in the NFC OVER Drew Brees and Vick. Lets just say Out of 475 Attempts he made 312 for a 65.7 completion percent, 3922 Yards. His Completion percent is only a few points behind Brady.

Any person calling themselves a Packer fan that is not sold on Rodgers is delusional.

22. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,484

Yup

23. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I would like to see a monster season though. Like 40+ TDs.

• Like Like x 1
  24. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,231
    It was time. I was sold on Rodgers the minute Favre hung 'er up...the first time. Am I sold on Rodgers? You bet I am. I like his style of play a whole heckuva lot more than I did Favre's in his final 10 years in Green Bay. There can be little discussion that Rodger's play more resembles Montana's style than Favre's -- I'm one of those 'anti-gunslinger' guys, always leaned toward a more cerebral style of play, because I see football as a chess game - warfare, only with moving soldiers.

That's not to say that I don't thank Favre for his role in bringing the Lombardi back to Green Bay following the '96 season. They're just not the same animal is all.

• Like Like x 1
  25. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    I'll trade 3 road wins and a Super Bowl victory over winning a playoff game at home and winning the division any day.

It's funny- During the final game last season, where the Packers played the Bears to qualify for the playoffs, I was at a Buffalo Wild Wings in Flagstaff, AZ watching the game. (Not where I normally watch football. We were travelling back to San Diego from Santa Fe, New Mexico and left extra early so I could get there in time to see the game.)

The bar was PACKED with Bears fans. Un-friggin-believable. I mean, I know they have their spot too, just how unfortunate for me to pick that place above all else.

Anyway, when the game was over, myself and the handful of Packers fans that were there were high-fiving and shouting "Go Pack Go..." You know, the usual. And the Bears fans were pissed! I had three or four of them point to their "NFC Champions" hats or shirts or whatever, as if to say, "So what, we won the division." I remember telling a girl, point blank, "You can have your division title. We'll take the Lombardi, thank you very much." Suffice it to say, she was not happy.

I can only imagine the look on her face after the NFC Championship game and ensuing Super Bowl victory. Thinking about the it makes me smile inside.

• Like Like x 1