Who isnt sold on Rodgers?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
There are still "Packer fans" not sold on Rodgers..???? I dont believe it..
I can only imagine why those people feel 4 Rodgers the way they do..

All this time and those people still can't give Rodgers any love 4 being as good as he has been?

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I havent heard any Rodgers Bashers since right around the lions game last year. Frankly how sensational he was throughout the playoffs/SB burned most if not all of the problems people had with him (cant win big games, cant beat great defenses) I like to believe most of the brent lovers are gone.....well at least quiet at this point

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, the Brent/Ted bash-fires have been put out, since another shiny Lombardi came home to Titletown.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Those fires still remain strong in some places I am told..

Just amazes me some people are still this ignorant/ or so spiteful towards Rodgers that they cant/wont still give him credit

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He still hasnt won a home playoff game!

He has never won the division!

He cant win in the 4th quarter!

I think those are the things I have heard from the haters.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I haven't heard one shred of that since the super bowl. In fact one of my good friends who was a staunch Favre supporter even admitted to me that I was right about Rodgers after the Super Bowl. That being said, I'm not surprised. There are idiots everywhere, right?

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Bears fans still claim he was just lucky.

But they're Bears fans, so we make special allowances for stupidity.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Bears fans still claim he was just lucky.

But they're Bears fans, so we make special allowances for stupidity.

I've heard the same thing from Vikings fans. Vikings fans are really easy to argue with though. All you have to do is tell them how they never win anything and then they have no comebacks. I love it.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I can't figure it myself. He's pulled on Superman's cape, he's pee-ed into the wind, he's pulled the mask off the Lone Ranger and he's also messed around with Jim.
I guess they're waiting for him to throw a bomb to J-Mike on the moon.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets be honest here. For those diehard Favre fans, nobody will ever come close to replacing him. If Jesus Himself came back to earth and took some snaps for the Packers, it still would not be good enough. It would not be Favre. I think it's better just to admit that than trying to convince them otherwise. It's just not going to happen. It's that whole unstoppable force meets an impenetrable object theory.

For some others, one SB ring may not be enough for them. It may have nothing at all to do with Favre. Some people take a little longer to believe.

For me, I believe in Aaron Rodgers as our QB and a leader of this team. I don't need any more convincing of what I already know to be true.

bubbahotep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of my good buds is a 49ers fan, and he would give one of his ********* for ARod to be a Niner. I knew he was going to be good when Favre wouldn't mentor him.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is sort of a contemporary Bart Starr in my mind. The dude get's better in the playoffs and doesn't go into fail mode like the interception king he replaced.

SeanMcDougall

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude how can Packer fans not be sold on Rodgers yet. I loved the guy from the get-go and now He is my hero. Lets just put it this way...Rodgers is ranked #1 on Lindy's Sports for Passing in the NFC OVER Drew Brees and Vick. Lets just say Out of 475 Attempts he made 312 for a 65.7 completion percent, 3922 Yards. His Completion percent is only a few points behind Brady.

Any person calling themselves a Packer fan that is not sold on Rodgers is delusional.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
It was time. I was sold on Rodgers the minute Favre hung 'er up...the first time. Am I sold on Rodgers? You bet I am. I like his style of play a whole heckuva lot more than I did Favre's in his final 10 years in Green Bay. There can be little discussion that Rodger's play more resembles Montana's style than Favre's -- I'm one of those 'anti-gunslinger' guys, always leaned toward a more cerebral style of play, because I see football as a chess game - warfare, only with moving soldiers.

That's not to say that I don't thank Favre for his role in bringing the Lombardi back to Green Bay following the '96 season. They're just not the same animal is all.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He still hasnt won a home playoff game!

He has never won the division!

He cant win in the 4th quarter!

I think those are the things I have heard from the haters.

I'll trade 3 road wins and a Super Bowl victory over winning a playoff game at home and winning the division any day.

It's funny- During the final game last season, where the Packers played the Bears to qualify for the playoffs, I was at a Buffalo Wild Wings in Flagstaff, AZ watching the game. (Not where I normally watch football. We were travelling back to San Diego from Santa Fe, New Mexico and left extra early so I could get there in time to see the game.)

The bar was PACKED with Bears fans. Un-friggin-believable. I mean, I know they have their spot too, just how unfortunate for me to pick that place above all else.

Anyway, when the game was over, myself and the handful of Packers fans that were there were high-fiving and shouting "Go Pack Go..." You know, the usual. And the Bears fans were pissed! I had three or four of them point to their "NFC Champions" hats or shirts or whatever, as if to say, "So what, we won the division." I remember telling a girl, point blank, "You can have your division title. We'll take the Lombardi, thank you very much." Suffice it to say, she was not happy.

I can only imagine the look on her face after the NFC Championship game and ensuing Super Bowl victory. Thinking about the it makes me smile inside.