Who is a 100% lock to start at their positions?

grabthar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barring injury, who is a 100% lock to start at their position?

Offense: 8 of 11

QB - Favre
HB - Green
FB - Henderson
WR - Walker
WR - Driver
LT - Clifton
C - Flannagan
RT - Tauscher

Defense: 4 of 11

LE - Kampman
RE - KGB
MLB - Barnett
RCB - Harris

Special Teams: 1 of 3
K - Longwell

These are the only people I think who have locked their positions down. I know some like Collins or Klemm are close, but I feel they can still lose the position. I'm not counting Bubba as he is not under contract to Green Bay.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I think Rob Davis is a lock to start. In fact I know he is.
Nick Collins - S
Na'il Diggs - LB

Anyone can lose their 'lock' status.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
TE Bubba Franks (After he signs his tender)
P - Sanders (May lose it in the regular season)

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
grabthar,

I don't know about that Favre guy....

i do believe there are some people on this forum who think that Rodgers is ready to step up...

or perhaps Nall....

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not so fast...all about....

What about that short kid from Delaware?

Can't remember his name...lefty fella'....Irishman...i believe...

him...we should start him....

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
grabthar said:
Barring injury, who is a 100% lock to start at their position?

Offense: 8 of 11

QB - Favre
HB - Green
FB - Henderson
WR - Walker
WR - Driver
LT - Clifton
C - Flannagan
RT - Tauscher

Defense: 4 of 11

LE - Kampman
RE - KGB
MLB - Barnett
RCB - Harris

Special Teams: 1 of 3
K - Longwell

These are the only people I think who have locked their positions down. I know some like Collins or Klemm are close, but I feel they can still lose the position. I'm not counting Bubba as he is not under contract to Green Bay.
Yes that looks like a good prediction. I wouldn't change any of it as of right now.

kuston

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't list Henderson or Kampman as locks, since I'm not convinced either will make the team. I would list Diggs as a lock.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
kuston said:
I wouldn't list Henderson or Kampman as locks, since I'm not convinced either will make the team. I would list Diggs as a lock.

William Henderson went to the PB last year. I really do not see how he could not make the team. He will make the team and he will start. We do not have a FB on the roster who can take that spot from him.

kuston

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His cap number is $1.387 million, with only $287K as bonus. Vonta Leach cap number is $305K total. I wouldn't be placing any bets on Henderson making the team with TT incharge.

Reaction score
Kuston are you serious, or just being sarcastic? :crazy: Henderson is a lock for the fact that he is the best FB we have. Leach is young, and not an original FB. Henderson went to the PB, all the coaches rave about him, and he is a constant pro, never once causing any problems to the team. He is as sure to make the team as Brett Favre is. And Kampman is the smartest player on our D. He is a hustler, and a player who will never give up. Honestly man, use common sense. Would the Pack have matched his offer if he was going to get cut? He is the type of guy the Pack need more of, if anything.

kuston

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the new NFL man, salary cap is as important as production. Henderson was on the bubble last year I see no reason why he wouldn't be with TT. $1.4M is alot of money for a FB. Luchey is in the same boat, his cap number is $900K+ Leach looks really good to me, for 300K he's going to be tough to cut.

I've been asking about Kampman ever since Bates was hired. Everyone tells me he's going to be ok. I watch the games and try to ignore the press idiots. I don't see Kampman making any plays. Period. None. He has yet to put any pressure on the QB. I has 1 tackle this preseason, on a draw play. Bate's D need specific skilled players for some positions, DE is one of them and I don't think Kampman has the skills to do it. I love watching him, I wish everyone on the D would prepare and think like him. But I also know this D doesn't work with slow DEs who don't pressure the QB. Is he one of the top 4 DEs on the team, yes. Is he a lock, I wouldn't say so. They might trade him for Jason Taylor or someone else who fits Bate's D better.

Reaction score
Well if the Fins trade Taylor for Kampman, then HERE HERE! But you are right in the fact that I haven't seen Kampman being mentioned alot for doing things in games. You are right with 1.4 million being a lot for a FB, and I can understand your point with TT being able to cut him because he should not feel any obligation to keep Henderson. Hopefully though (I am sure almost any Packer fan would want this, including myself) Henderson retires a Packer.

Members online

Latest posts