Who else wants Rod Gardner next year?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He did well tonight. He tried to hurdle a cornerback, and damn near did. That is the effort we need in a veteran WR when we have all these young WRs around like thurman,chatty, and murphy.

Walker
Driver
Gardner
Chatman
Murphy
Thurman

That isnt a bad depth chart of WRs.

Reaction score
Thurman is odd man out. He has shown very little these past few weeks. Only concern with Gardner is that he might not give it his all. Needs to work hard week in and week out, not when his career is in jepordy. Might set a bad precedent for the younger players. But if he does stay consistent, by all means he would be a great add!

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not give it his all? The man hurdled a friggin Cornerback. He gave that guy the william henderson treatment, and almost broke his neck doing it. That is giving it his all. yes, it was one play in one game...but when a guy is roaming around for a team, those plays can mean a lot. I hope TT was paying attention.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked him last night, liked seeing his size matching up against the CB's as well. He looked like a TE with some wheels.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, bring him in, he might be a good replacement for Ferguson.
This might be just what the man needs to unlock that potential that made him a 1st round draft pick.
Being unceremoniously cut by the Panthers might light his fire.
I liked what I saw of him last night and that was withonly a few days with the team.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The trouble with Gardner is that he was always grumbling about his role with the Redskins. He thought he was an all-pro talent and is at best a number 2, and easily a 3. If he can bring is ego under control and accept the fact that he will be a 50 catch guy, he would be a good addition.
Hammer

Reaction score
Trom, I wasn't specifically talking about last night. I think he showed fire and passion last game that has long been missing from WR's, especially Ferggy. I just meant that for the most part of his career with Washington and Carolina, he was lazy. By no means was this the case yesterday. But it was only one game, and consistency is what is needed. But hey here is a thought, if we let Martin go, give Gardner a shot at TE, along with Lee?

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gardner will be good insurance in case Walker/Murphy aren't back at 100% to start the season, also we probably wont have to spend a high pick on a wide out

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say keep him. He never fit in with Carolina this year because he was new. Delhomme had Steve Smith, and relied way to much on Colbert because he had a good rookie year ( sucked this year ), and ol' reliable, Ricky Proehl. Plus, Carolina prefers to run the ball anyhow. Seems like Delhomme only looks to Smith.
Hammer

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I wouldn't count on those options...Javon...

First of all..Nobody has a clue as to what Murphy will be...could be another Robert Ferguson...

and Walker is also a question mark at this point....

(may pick up where he left off..and then again, he may not..)

TT needs to sign a good, wiley veteran like Molds or Proehl or someone else if they are available..or expect to see another season like this one by the Pack...

also..if he doesn't...

I expect that Favre WILL retire....

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
TT needs to sign a good, wiley veteran like Molds or Proehl or someone else if they are available..
I know you probably don't specifically mean Moulds but I've seen him mentioned before and he's signed with Buffalo through 2007. And Proehl will be 38 next year. Not exactly a spring chicken.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ravage..

When did they resign Moulds..???

As of two weeks ago..he was not signed for next year and counted 11 million against the cap..so I thought he would be bye bye from Buffalo..??

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Moulds was released and is out of football right now.

I can't find Moulds being released. He was suspended on December 8th for one game, though. I would like to see him come in to Green Bay for a year.

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Ravage..

When did they resign Moulds..???

As of two weeks ago..he was not signed for next year and counted 11 million against the cap..so I thought he would be bye bye from Buffalo..??
I pretty sure that what you've heard is that the press is figuring that Moulds will be cut by Buffalo. They are assuming that because of the one game suspension a couple of weeks back and the high cap number for next year that Buffalo will cut Moulds. But they could rework his contract or cut him. It is not a sure thing though it's just what everyone is assuming. They could also wait until after June 1st to cut him to spread his cap hit out over two years instead of just next year. By that time teams like to have their guys on board already. You can't really just wait to sign someone just in case Moulds becomes available.

Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
First of all..Nobody has a clue as to what Murphy will be...could be another Robert Ferguson...

Dear GOD, are you now bashing up Ferggy? He is an excellent player and deserves that contract extension he got.... I sure would hate to think where the Packers would be without him..... :shock:

LOL CALM DOWN 66, I actually agree with your opinion on Ferggy (Not things im used to saying). But the thing is, Gardner even with his laziness can't be half as bad as Ferggy?

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frankly, when a team is in an abyss like the Pack, I believe that you look at ANYONE who might be an upgrade. A guy doesn't have to be an all-pro, but if he is better than a guy presently on the team, use him. Right now all Fergie is doing is using oxygen other players could use.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
TOPackerFan said:
Moulds was released and is out of football right now.

i take it that you know of someone other than eric who had like 10 catches on saturday.

Perhaps he's thinking of Peerless Price. He was cut loose by Dallas a few weeks ago after a couple of sucky seasons in ATL.
Hammer

Members online

Latest posts