who else is sad?

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get how Eli got the MVP. It seems to me it should have gone to some defense player. They did more to win that game than did their offense. I guess trying to pick just one defense player would have been hard to do.

Well I guess I'm happier that the Giants won that I would have been for the Patriots if they would have won.

Congratulations Snap. Your team beat the odds and won it all.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
The Giants won because of their relentless pass rush.

The Packers have a good pass rush, but not as good as the Giants and I hate to say it, but I don't feel the Packers would have faired better than the Giants did and would have came away with the W.

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get how Eli got the MVP. It seems to me it should have gone to some defense player. They did more to win that game than did their offense. I guess trying to pick just one defense player would have been hard to do.

Well I guess I'm happier that the Giants won that I would have been for the Patriots if they would have won.

Thanks DGB454. SteveGB said Tuck shold've won.....He may be right on that...but you know Eli was getting.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DGB454 said:

Thanks DGB454. SteveGB said Tuck shold've won.....He may be right on that...but you know Eli was getting.

Eli played great once again, just like he did against the Pack. Think about the pressure he was under out there as the QB, and how he remained perfectly calm and made one perfect throw after another. Very few mistakes, and a handful of great plays. There's no one player on the defense who could have been picked over him.

VAPAckerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
congrats snap. Well this game shows that defense wins championships. They shut down the best offense in history. The funny thing is when Plax said the score would be 24-17 the patriots said did you really think we won't score more then 17 points. All I can say is HaHa Tom Brady.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know. I'm actually very happy right now.
I'm starting to like the Giants. I'm glad they brought the trophy back to the correct conference.

The Giants played as a team. I love how they blitzed when they had to blitz and kept people back when they had to cover. They figured out Brady and Brady pretty much stunk. The Giants knew the Pats weakness - get to Brady. Get in his head. Note that Brady was rushing throws. I really think he was scared back there.

That game was great! I had a good time.

In the offseason, we'll discuss what it will take to get our Packers over the hump. As for now, congratulations Giants!

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SNAP congrats man hope you enjoy your parades ... should u be out in ny destroying the city??? lol anyways hope to face you guys next year a re-match

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I don't know. I'm actually very happy right now.
I'm starting to like the Giants. I'm glad they brought the trophy back to the correct conference.

Z... I am with you.. I happier than a a streaker running naked across the Superbowl field.. I enjoyed watching the Pats go down getting beat down in the process.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's to be sad about?

Tonight millions of casual football fans, those that only watch the highlights and see the scores and stats, found out what many already knew: Tom Brady is just a man. Cut him and he'll bleed. Put him in water and he'll get wet. Pressure him and he'll make mistakes.

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hell yeah... how about Justin Tuck, eh? That dude is a beast! And that hit by Alford?!? Oh my... I was out of my seat. Incredible D by the Giants.

SmokeFan20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm loving this.
I loathe the Patriots.
Seeing Pretty Boy Brady get a mudhole stomped in him by the defense and the Pat's quest for for a perfect season get ruined made my month.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Go Giants!!

I'm so happy the patriots lost!! I got sooo sick of hearing about them ALLL the time.

Just goes to show you what a defense can do.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
Belicheck should be fined for leaving the field before the game was over. But I agree, I just think you have to come ready to play every game and in that championship game, we didn't bring our "A" game. That should have been us in that game. I tip my hat to the Giants though. But I will also say they are not the best team in football.

I don't think Belicheck left out of spite. It looked to me like he genuinely thought the game was over. He came out and hugged Coughlin. Seemed respectful to me.

Puleeze! His hugging Coughlin was an afterthought. He never did have much class in these situations. I'm appalled. I rooted for the Pats, even though I know what an *** he is, because I always had respect for that team.

Packerfan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I'm happy as can be that the Giants won so we don't have to have 19-0 shoved down our throats for the rest of our lives.

You and me both. No more THIS IS THE GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH anymore.

But I am sad...the Giants win is bittersweet. I wanted them to win...but I also wanted a different NFC team representing. Oh well.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad all those Veteran bastards that stockpiled themselves on the Patriots team just for the hope of winning the Super Bowl lost.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't believe we would have beaten the Patriots. The three defenses that gave them trouble (the Colts notwithstanding) all featured zone blitz defenses. Pressure from the Eagles, Ravens, and Giants come from the front four, the LBs, and the DBs. It can be hard to read pre-snap. They are sophisticated defenses that originate from Jim Johnson/Marvin Lewis/Mike Nolan systems.

Green Bay's defense, as good as it was at times this season, would have been exposed against the Pats. Kampman and KGB would have had to have played possessed to put up half the pressure the Giants did tonight. The Packers don't blitz particularly well and that seems to be a prerequisite for beating the Pats (since only one team beat them... and, well, they blitzed efficiently).

I feel the Packers would have been moderately successful on offense... but I just don't see the Pack beating New England. It's all guessing and isn't worth a damn thing.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Eli was a big part of the two scoring drives in the fourth quarter that put up 14 of the team's 17 points. Don't get it? He played a pretty solid game (and the one interception he did have wasn't his fault).

If not him, I think the case could have been made for Tuck (6 tackles, 2 sacks, a forced fumble)

Members online

Latest posts