Who are the top 5 best players on the Packers currently?

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I had a friend ask me that today, and I was surprising pretty stumped. I know it’s a loaded question. Ultimately went with the following, but what do you think?

1. Aaron Rodgers (obviously)
2. David Bahktiari
3. Mike Daniels
4. Mason Crosby
5. Corey Linsley

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking that if the best you can do is come up with a list where the kicker is #4 then the Packers have serious talent issue.

I'd replace Mason and Corey with Adams and Clark.

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

Reaction score
I guess I Paid too much attention to other teams when deriving this list. I looked at positioning around the league opposed to just our team. There is no other QB I would want, no other left tackle, maybe one other 3-4 DE like Cameron Heyward (maybe) I would want other than Mikey D, then maybe 2-3 other kickers and centers I would want over what we have. But there is about a dozen other WR’s I would rather

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Davante Adams
3. Mike Daniels
4. Blake Martinez
5. Kenny Clark

Based on recent form ofc.

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't do just five. My Best list is like this

Pro Bowl
A Rogers
Bahktiari

Pro Bowl Reserves
Daniels
Clark
Adams

Not Quite Pro Bowlers
Martinez
Lindsley
Jordy

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
In no certain order (besides #1 of course)

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Davante Adams
3. David Bakhtiari
4. Mike Daniels
5. Kenny Clark

Unfortunately there's quite a drop off after those 5 guys.

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

Reaction score
I’m surprised to see Kenny Clark on everyone’s top 5. Not saying I do not think he belongs there, but absolutely hard for me to put him in my top 5.

Jed12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Rodgers 2. Bak 3. Adams 4. Daniels 5. Martinez for me

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's funny. Haha would have been on most lists this time last year. Next year he could be back on the list with Martinez and Aaron Jones.

My list is

Rodgers
Bakh
Clark
Adams
Daniels

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
My spin on this is a) excluding Rodgers and b) projecting who I think the five best will be in the season upcoming, as that is more interesting that merely identifying the five best from the previous season. .
  1. D. Bakhtiari: If you take Rodgers out of the equation, this becomes a no-brainer. Bakh has become consistently elite.
  2. K. Clark: Solid as a rookie, great as a sophomore, I believe that Clark is on the cusp of becoming one of the best interior defensive linemen in the league. He won't even turn 23 until October of this year.
  3. M. Daniels: From what I know of Pettine's defensive fronts, he allows his DL to get after it a little bit more often than Capers; Daniels has been a great player for a long time, but I've always thought there was more to him if a DC put him at the 3T and cut him loose.
  4. D. Adams: If you extrapolate Adams' 7 games with Hundley over a full season, you're talking about a 96/1248/9 campaign, which would have ranked 6th in yardage and 4th (tie) in touchdowns this last season. He did that... with the worst QB play in the league. I think it's safe to say that he's come into his own.
  5. H. Clinton-Dix: I thought about Taylor, Linsley, and Martinez, but Clinton-Dix has proven All-Pro potential. I personally blame his struggles on schematic mismanagement along with his own effort problems. But I expect that he will return to form under Pettine.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
  1. D. Adams: If you extrapolate Adams' 7 games with Hundley over a full season, you're talking about a 96/1248/9 campaign, which would have ranked 6th in yardage and 4th (tie) in touchdowns this last season. He did that... with the worst QB play in the league. I think it's safe to say that he's come into his own.
This is a great point. Which goes to what I've been saying. Davante is a flatout difference maker. The only true difference maker we have on the offensive side of the ball, minus AR of course.

If Rodgers had another deep threat opposite of Davante.....mercy.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
This is a great point. Which goes to what I've been saying. Davante is a flatout difference maker. The only true difference maker we have on the offensive side of the ball, minus AR of course.

If Rodgers had another deep threat opposite of Davante.....mercy.

He certainly is, though I would say they have another in Bakhtiari.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My spin on this is a) excluding Rodgers and b) projecting who I think the five best will be in the season upcoming, as that is more interesting that merely identifying the five best from the previous season. .
  1. D. Bakhtiari: If you take Rodgers out of the equation, this becomes a no-brainer. Bakh has become consistently elite.
  2. K. Clark: Solid as a rookie, great as a sophomore, I believe that Clark is on the cusp of becoming one of the best interior defensive linemen in the league. He won't even turn 23 until October of this year.
  3. M. Daniels: From what I know of Pettine's defensive fronts, he allows his DL to get after it a little bit more often than Capers; Daniels has been a great player for a long time, but I've always thought there was more to him if a DC put him at the 3T and cut him loose.
  4. D. Adams: If you extrapolate Adams' 7 games with Hundley over a full season, you're talking about a 96/1248/9 campaign, which would have ranked 6th in yardage and 4th (tie) in touchdowns this last season. He did that... with the worst QB play in the league. I think it's safe to say that he's come into his own.
  5. H. Clinton-Dix: I thought about Taylor, Linsley, and Martinez, but Clinton-Dix has proven All-Pro potential. I personally blame his struggles on schematic mismanagement along with his own effort problems. But I expect that he will return to form under Pettine.
Interesting.

I would go with:

Bahk
Clark
Martinez
Haha
Edmunds

And if we don't actually draft Edmunds then:

Aaron Jones

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Interesting.

I would go with:

Bahk
Clark
Martinez
Haha
Edmunds

And if we don't actually draft Edmunds then:

Aaron Jones

You're that down on Adams and Daniels?

I really appreciate the steps forward that Martinez took last year, but he's too limited in the most important aspect of the game (the passing game) to rate that highly in my mind.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're that down on Adams and Daniels?

I really appreciate the steps forward that Martinez took last year, but he's too limited in the most important aspect of the game (the passing game) to rate that highly in my mind.
Wouldnt say im down on Adams. I think Rodgers can spread the ball around and Jordy has one good year left in him. I like Cobb more than most.

I am a bit down on Daniels. I hope he can rebound but last season he seemed to trail off.

I'm more trying to focus on players I think are going to step it up a notch and be the guy.

Members online

Latest posts