1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Which team is the more lovable to America?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Forget Favre, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    I've grasped it as I'm going to grasp it. You putting words in my mouth isn't going to change it. At face value bud, it says the Packers are more loved than the Steelers. It must strike a chord with you if you're reading it any other way.

Also, I'm not sure what survey you read, but the one I linked to rated Americas "favorite" team.

2. bubbahotep

bubbahotep Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +54
    Yes

3. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,410
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PX0xYgm0QQ]YouTube - Superbowl 30 XXX Trophy Presentation Dallas Cowboys beat Pittsburgh Steelers[/ame]
    this is my tribute to the mighty unstoppable steelers

4. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    I don't like the Steelers. Never have, and never will.

But I don't hate them because of their fans.

Every fan base is loaded with fools and loud mouths, and of course band wagoners. Every Sport fan base in America. I have not seen one that is perfect.

There's always going to be trash talk, I also enjoy to make an idiot of myself with trash talking in times, but I don't think a whole fan base should be named after one person (or one group of people) a fan base of big mouth idiots.

I HATE the Dallas Cowboys, and when I was young I thought all of their fans were the same. Arrogant band wagon fans that love to brag about them. I was wrong when I got older. After working a job and dealing with 3 die hard Cowboys fans every day for a few years, i grew a respect for them. Not all fans are the same. There is good people in this world, and good people even if they root for the team you hate.

5. Grave

Grave Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +55
    The Packers.

Easily.

6. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Does it?

7. Burgh Splat Lambert

Burgh Splat Lambert Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
  8. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    LMAO!!!!!

They've counted "numbers of fight songs on youtube" as a reason why Steelers fans have the edge????? And they they start talking about some individual fans????

More crapper than capper to me (see what I did there????). They simply couldn't handle that the Wall Street Journal gave the edge to the Packers, so they started making up criteria to back up their thesis. SOLID journalism right there.

9. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,305
    I've heard a lot of trash talking from my Steelers fan family members, but it's all in good fun. It drives me crazy, but that's what family is for.

As for bandwagons, we'll see a lot of them rooting for the Packers now. I noticed some Packers stuff I had on my wish list on Amazon for quite some time is now sold out or unavailable. We should probably be thankful for all the "bandwagon business" that sends lots of money back to the Pack.

10. Burgh Splat Lambert

Ratings:
    +10
    You mean kinda like couting all those championships from the early 1900's. It's all in fun dude, chill.

11. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,305
    The Steelers were founded in 1933. How long did it take them to win a Championship?

12. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    You thinking counting pre-SB championships and ranking fanbases by number of war songs on youtube are equivalent just furthers the notion that Steelers fans have no clue...

I know, I know, shouldn't limp all Steelers fans together. But with posts like that, it's hard...

13. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +678
    And there you have it, folks. NFL history started when the Steelers started succeeding.

Do you guys take a class in this or something? I would have thought your team was founded in 1970, the way you guys talk. You were right there in 1933, along with everyone else - why couldn't you win even one in all those years?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    I think it's safe to "say" that we can all agree (Stealers fans reluctantly) that all of America and fans around the world wants to see the Packers win.

15. TMC

TMC Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Wait a minute, didn't Mark Chmura and Brett Farve play for the Packers when they were getting high school girl's drunk and cheating on their wives? You cheered those guys when they were here.

Isn't Brandon Underwood still on this team? He was accused of **** this past offseason and Matt Flynn, Clay Matthews, Brad Jones, Korey Hall, Josh Sitton, and Khalil Jones get brought in because the women said they held them down. Do you cheer for them?

Classy? So, if Packer players get accused, they stay classy? Really? Six thugs hold her down and one has his way and they stay classy? LOL. Oh wait, those are just accusations. Ben Roethlisberger had ummm, wait, what, accusations as well.

Didn't the Packers just get popped a few seasons ago for putting bounties on players?

Didn't Nick Collins get a $50,000 fine? What a dirty player.

The Packers, prior to this season, were on of the worst penalized teams in the NFL.

Why does no one talk about this? Because you have not done anything in a decade. Let a QB get accused of sexual assault, it is in every paper. But, 5 months later, let a little known DB and 6 other players get accused of holding a woman down and raping her, nobody hears about it.

Stay Classy Green Bay.:happy0005:

16. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    You can discuss this in other threads that have already been done to death, take it to the smack area, or start a thread on this somewhere else. Preferably a Steelers forum/message board.

Bringing it up here was the wrong thing to do.
    And don't get me started on making accusations of this or that being classy.
    This thread is not the time or place for that.

Let's stay on topic.
    The reminder is below.
    Thanx.

17. TheSnowPlow

TheSnowPlow Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +491
    Actually, no I didn't cheer for them. :dwarf:

18. Burgh Splat Lambert

Ratings:
    +10
    It's all in fun dude, chill

19. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,100
    Your the reason everyone hates Steeler fans.

• Like Like x 1
  20. GreenGoldAngel

GreenGoldAngel Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +132
    Been there and posted there....lots of Packer love in the UK:)

EDIT: Who else except a Packer fan would take his summer holiday and travel from Liverpool, England to little Green Bay, just to see the stadium and the hall of fame? Met him at at a "pub" in downtown Green Bay and blew my mind away!

• Like Like x 1
  21. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,100
    TMC likes sheep.

there, thats my accusation.

22. Burgh Splat Lambert

Ratings:
    +10
    To put things in perspective, there were 10 teams in 1933, half of which weren't worth a crap. How hard was it to win a championship back then. Football then doesn't even compare to todays version. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1933_NFL_season

23. Burgh Splat Lambert

Ratings:
    +10
    But it's ok to bring up stuff about Ben and expect no reaction from Steeler fans.

24. TheSnowPlow

TheSnowPlow Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +491
    I know a couple of British Pats fans (yeah, we have fun with that, considering the team "theme" LOL) who have done that - it's gotta be pretty pricey. Good people, though. Them English seem to really love the American tackle football :)

25. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,100
    If it was so easy why didnt the Steelers win anything for 40 years?

• Like Like x 5