Which packer to team do you guys feel was the better team not win the super bowl 97 team or 2011?

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the 97 had a much better running game imo...but this years team was much more explosive imo and although the defense sucked this year..its a mystery to me..so much talent on that side...was it scheme? Idk

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the 97 team was obviously better LOL..they had, I am very sure, a better ranked defense..plus they lost in the SB. Not before it.

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team was miles and miles better than the Packer team in 97. There is no doubt in my mind that if the 2011 team faced the 1997 team, the 2011 team wins by a wide margin. But you can't truly compare because that was a while ago and teams have changed and will continue to change.

As for our defense there is no mystery about it. We had a terrible pass rush all year which can make even the best secondary look terrible. If QB's have all day to throw someone will eventually get open, that's just how it is.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
'97. We were one dimensional this season. When the offense, unfortunately, had a bad game and needed the defense to bail them out, it didn't happen.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like someone said the 97 team made it to the Super Bowl. The 2011 team with a 15-1 record and the table set for them punched the fail button early.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Im thinking the 97' team. As much as i don't respect him, brett was a great qb in his prime and that team made it to the Super Bowl. The 11' packers collapsed and had many problems as we saw.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Reading the question the OP posted, I don't understand people who picked this seasons team over the '97 team ...

Either those people ...

a) are too young to remember the '97 team or
b) haven't been a Packer fan before 1998 ... or
c) still can't move on from Brett Favre (and still hold grudges) ... or
d) all of the above ...

Despite going 15-1 in the regular season, and despite setting huge numbers and more ... don't forget, it's a totally different league now than it was in 1997 ...

I mean ... Look at how many QB's got past the 4k mark this season ..., not to mention TD's ...

I'm not saying it wasn't impressive, however, if you look at it in context it suddenly doesn't seem that "spectacular" ...

All season long the defense had been the Achilles heel of this team, and when the offense got shut down similar to what it did against the Giants, there wasn't much to do ...

I don't buy the thing that it was because of the tragedy that this team lost ... - If anything I would say that it should have fired them up ... and dedicate the win to the memory of Philbins son ... (alas it wasn't so ...) The entire team looked as if they had spent their bye week doing everything else, but prepping for the game against the Giants ...

The Rick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems to me we were big favorite to beat Elway's Broncos that year, although I could never understand why. My fears about that game were simple... if we didn't stop Terrel Davis, we were going to be in trouble.

Little did I know...

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Seems to me we were big favorite to beat Elway's Broncos that year, although I could never understand why. My fears about that game were simple... if we didn't stop Terrel Davis, we were going to be in trouble.

Little did I know...

Hah !!! I remember that game only all too well ... - I was deployed for the first time in Bosnia, and I was the ONLY Packer fan amidst probably 100 people (I was the only non-American hah) who was watching the game ...

OP
OP
Farvetowebster

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hah !!! I remember that game only all too well ... - I was deployed for the first time in Bosnia, and I was the ONLY Packer fan amidst probably 100 people (I was the only non-American hah) who was watching the game ...
i think the 95 packer team was better than the 2011 team

Members online

Latest posts