Where Will Favre Go? - Predictions?

RedSoxExcel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's clear now that Rodgers is out QB and Favre is gone. So all you people that thought Rodgers should be on our QB this year, got your wish and we can all move on. I'm a Packers fan, I don't like the decision by TT but I have to live with it. At the end of the day, TT is the one is going to have to face the music if Rodgers stinks, gets injured or leaves in 2 years. At least the decision has been made and we know who our QB is going to be for 2008. Go Rodgers!

But of interest, where will Favre go now? I think in the end (speculation here), that Favre will get his release because this already looks bad that you don't want a HOF'er back but it will look even worse if the Packers hold him prisoner.

I predict Tampa Bay. They were already a playoff team, Gruden loves stocking up on QB's, lol. Pretty good fit for him.

The winner gets a free hug from me.

jpigeon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too early. Nothings been decided yet. The Packers have 4 choices. 1. Release him outright, 2. Trade him, 3. Keep him, 4. Cut him, which is basically the same as releasing him, except they'd have to have him on the active roster which means he'd be in camp.

jpigeon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too early. Nothings been decided yet. The Packers have 4 choices. 1. Release him outright, 2. Trade him, 3. Keep him, 4. Cut him, which is basically the same as releasing him, except they'd have to have him on the active roster which means he'd be in camp.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he's released then Minnesota makes the most sense.

Although I think Green Bay is going to release him on a gentlemen's agreement that he won't sign in the division or they'll trade him.

Tampa Bay, Carolina, Washington, N.Y. Jets, Buffalo, Houston, and Baltimore all make sense.

joe_smoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Gonna split my vote between Buffalo, J-E-T-S, and Tampa Bay.

NO WAY...He's only gonna play for a contender or a team near mississippi...So you can forget buffalo or the jets no matter how much they pay him...

Carolina, Houston, Baltimore, Washington, Vikings, Bucs, or Bears....
And thats it period!!!! they are the only ones with a legitimate shot!

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
joe_smoe said:
pack_in_black said:
Gonna split my vote between Buffalo, J-E-T-S, and Tampa Bay.

NO WAY...He's only gonna play for a contender or a team near mississippi...So you can forget buffalo or the jets no matter how much they pay him...

Carolina, Houston, Baltimore, Washington, Vikings, Bucs, or Bears....
And thats it period!!!! they are the only ones with a legitimate shot!

Link?

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what, if he really wants to go play for Chicago or Minnesota and be cheered on by the fans who have been calling him a drug abusing alcoholic prima donna has-been for the past 5+ years (while we've defended and supported him), fine. I think that'd be a classy move.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say trade him to the stinking viqueens.
He will suck there trying to learn a new system under a very poor coach and not knowing or having any chemistry with a bunch of gang bangers.

NFL_GEEK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if he were to agree not to go to another NFC team...i think he should go to the Ravens...they have a real good chance of making it also..

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ravens. I don't believe Brett will help them much till at least the middle of the season. It's a new system he has to learn. Hmmm... I seem to remember he said one of the biggest reasons he retired was because he didn't like the mental prep. for the season. If that's true(who knows what to believe from him anymore) then he is going to hate preparing for a new club. He may not be much good till the next season. We shall see. It will be interesting.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has already screwed the team. Now he has asked for his out right release so he can choose the team he wants and DOES NOT WANT TO BE TRADED.

If he lied when he said he wanted to be a Packer for life he will lie again.

He will sign with the Vikings. Might even choose to go into the hall of fame as a Viking. Wouldn't that be a kick in the ***.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
He has already screwed the team. Now he has asked for his out right release so he can choose the team he wants and DOES NOT WANT TO BE TRADED.

He will sign with the Vikings. Might even choose to go into the hall of fame as a Viking. Wouldn't that be a kick in the ***.
I think you are being a little overly dramatic.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

I think you are being a little overly dramatic.

LOL So do I.

Thought I would stir the pot. :pop:

V

Vikeman

He will suck there trying to learn a new system under a very poor coach and not knowing or having any chemistry with a bunch of gang bangers.

LoL gangbangers classic Packer post!!!!

V

Vikeman

LoL gangbangers classic Packer post!!!!

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with Michael Smith of ESPN. The best place for Favre is the Redskins. West Coast system with Jim Zorn (from Seattle / yeah remember Holmgren!) and Cambell can get help with the new system from Favre. Cambell will be going into his 4th new system since being in the NFL. This would be a good deal for him and the Redskins.

and noooo I am not just saying that because I live in Virginia. haha

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts