Where the Packers are in the NFC

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the 49ers play enough to have an educated opinion on them? I haven't seen them play once, and I admittedly have no idea what they are right now.

I haven't watched them every week, but I've seen some.

All the talent investments on the DL are beginning to pay off. Bosa has been really impactful, and Buckner is one of the best DL in the league. They've been generating pressure and creating turnovers as a result-- not unlike us.

On offense, they have one of the best and most diverse running games in the league. I want to hope that Petals, who seems most heavily influenced by the Shanahans, will create something similar in time.

So Garoppolo has basically managed games. He hasn't needed to do too much. Their receivers aren't terrifying. Samuel has had some moments, but hasn't found consistency. Pettis seems to have gone backwards. Goodwin's speed is dangerous. Kittle is really the #1 and is a tough cover for anyone.

What I love about their offense is that they have the personnel, esp. in Kittle and Jusczyk, to run and pass effectively and disguise. We won't see the best that Petals has to offer until we give him similar tools.

D

Deleted member 6794

Their defense in incredible! But at the same time do not their defensive stats fool you. They have only faced Miami (Ryan Fitzpatrick), the Steelers (Big Ben injured), Jets (Luke Faulk), Giants (Dan Jones without Saquon, Sterling Shepard and Evan Engram), and the Bills (Josh Allen, then Matt Barkley for the 2nd half).

For the record, Roethlisberger played the entire game vs. the Patriots. He was injured the following week.

In addition don't underestimate the Patriots offense, they have been written off before.

ESPN must be off then. What site do you use?

Pro Football Reference's play index. It allows you to customize your search.

https://www.pro-football-reference....cation[]=DM&pass_location[]=DR&order_by=yards

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Where the Packers are in the NFC is debatable. What’s not debatable is the quality of opponent the Packers gave faced to get to 4-1.

Take Denver out of the equation...Chicago, Minny, Philly, Dallas are 11-5 this season against opponents not named the Green Bay Packers. That’s just silly. I would venture to say that’s at least a top 5 difficult schedule in the NFL thus far.

D

Deleted member 6794

Take Denver out of the equation...Chicago, Minny, Philly, Dallas are 11-5 this season against opponents not named the Green Bay Packers. That’s just silly. I would venture to say that’s at least a top 5 difficult schedule in the NFL thus far.

The combined record of Packers opponents after five weeks (12-8, .600) currently is tied for seventh toughest in the league.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's still pretty early, but the Jaguars, Browns, and Vikings are our best friends today. With Gurley being a dud, we should just root for the 9ers to stay undefeated. They don't scare me at all in a playoff matchup, especially in Green Bay. We just have to keep winning and hope they drop the 2nd half of their schedule like I predict.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's still pretty early, but the Jaguars, Browns, and Vikings are our best friends today. With Gurley being a dud, we should just root for the 9ers to stay undefeated. They don't scare me at all in a playoff matchup, especially in Green Bay. We just have to keep winning and hope they drop the 2nd half of their schedule like I predict.

I would prefer the Eagles to beat the Vikings. The main goal should be to win the division.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Good point on SF’s late schedule. It gets pretty brutal for them, plus we get to face them head up to hopefully secure the tie breaker over them. It would be nice for a couple of these AFC teams to take down NFC teams and while the Vikings/Eagles game could potentially help the Packers with a Eagles loss, I’d much rather prefer another loss to Minnesota.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The combined record of Packers opponents after five weeks (12-8, .600) currently is tied for seventh toughest in the league.
Thanks for pointing out.

Perhaps this would be a lot of work, any idea though if any of those 7 teams have a better or equal record than the Packers at this point?

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point I don't see a threat from anyone in the division. I think we are a lock to make the playoffs, so I'd rather worry about possible seeding down the road. Since we lost to the Eagles, it's up to the NFC North and the rest of the league to lower their standing so that we see them in Lambeau for a second time. I shouldn't have to remind anyone how hostile Philadelphia can be, and in the postseason they rival CenturyLink.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
At this point I don't see a threat from anyone in the division. I think we are a lock to make the playoffs, so I'd rather worry about possible seeding down the road. Since we lost to the Eagles, it's up to the NFC North and the rest of the league to lower their standing so that we see them in Lambeau for a second time. I shouldn't have to remind anyone how hostile Philadelphia can be, and in the postseason they rival CenturyLink.
In my opinion you should be a little more worried about the opponents in the North, given that they are all above .500, the only division in the NFL that can say that.

Objective 1, win the division. Objective 2, worry about seeding.

Also: the Eagles have a pretty brutal schedule themselves upcoming. Dallas, Buffalo, Chicago, New England, Seattle in the next 5 weeks. I’ll gladly take another Vikings loss today, and let Philly get theirs soon.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After we power through the Lions, I can't see us having worse than a 6-2 record in the division.

I'm more worried about us dropping a game against a team like the Giants and the Raiders.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
After we power through the Lions, I can't see us having worse than a 6-2 record in the division.

I'm more worried about us dropping a game against a team like the Giants and the Raiders.
I can promise you we won’t go 6-2 in the division for the year.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last time I saw math skills this bad was probably the last time I tried doing some math, and that was bad.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You also, as you already know, are correct. But I am willing to be very generous, because if I lose this, my signature here will be the least of my worries. :(

Last edited:

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last time I saw math skills this bad was probably the last time I tried doing some math, and that was bad.

Okay, you got me. I'm doing a thesis on microeconomics while at the same time doing this debate on final win record. 4-2 for the division, I stand corrected.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Okay, you got me. I'm doing a thesis on microeconomics while at the same time doing this debate on final win record. 4-2 for the division, I stand corrected.
None of us bat a thousand. It happens. However, I hereby request you remove that red x from my factual post earlier in this thread. ;)

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts