Where Do You Rank This Throw?

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All of the previously mentioned throws are spot on awesome, but I'm partial to the throwing of the golf club through the patio door and sticking the golf club into the side window of the SUV. That may never be done again!!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw a little of Phil Simms and Boomer Esiason on the NFL Network last night. They were discussing Rodgers ability to throw on the run. Simms was on his soapbox about a bunch of things, but one of them was how tv commentators always say that it is harder for a right-handed quarterback to throw while moving to his left vs moving to his right. Simms point was that it is easier for a righty to throw while moving to the left because all you have to do is pull back your right shoulder and your torso twist makes the ball go better. He said that when moving to the right, your torso doesn't snap back and help you throw the ball. You are pushing your torso forward in addition to the arm so you don't get as good of a throw.

Interesting point. IDK. I've never been able to throw a football spiral unless I was snapping it 15 yards between my legs.

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
I saw a little of Phil Simms and Boomer Esiason on the NFL Network last night. They were discussing Rodgers ability to throw on the run. Simms was on his soapbox about a bunch of things, but one of them was how tv commentators always say that it is harder for a right-handed quarterback to throw while moving to his left vs moving to his right. Simms point was that it is easier for a righty to throw while moving to the left because all you have to do is pull back your right shoulder and your torso twist makes the ball go better. He said that when moving to the right, your torso doesn't snap back and help you throw the ball. You are pushing your torso forward in addition to the arm so you don't get as good of a throw.

Interesting point. IDK. I've never been able to throw a football spiral unless I was snapping it 15 yards between my legs.
Yeah I saw this well and I would have to disagree. I played QB in high school and we did lots of play action passes...I would say for me throwing while rolling to my right is a lot easier. But that could just be me! lol

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm sure the opinion and ability varies from player to player. The Good news for The Packers......AR has proven to be deadly accurate rolling either way!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The hail mary's are amazing and impressive but also a bit of good luck involved. The throws that AR makes that impress me the most are the ones like he hit Richard Rodgers with for a TD against the Cowboys. These are pinpoint, perfectly placed and timed lasers that are thrown into the only small space that give them the chance of being completed.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-...-Rodgers-finds-Richard-Rodgers-for-34-yard-TD

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Rodgers said on Le Batard yesterday that he thinks it's easier rolling to the left, as opposed to the right.

Of course that might just be his way of playing psychological warfare with the opposition. Who knows.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rolling left should be harder for a righty, because you're throwing across your body.

NFL just posted Rodgers Top 10 Playoff Passes - the Cook one is #6:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Rolling left should be harder for a righty, because you're throwing across your body.

NFL just posted Rodgers Top 10 Playoff Passes - the Cook one is #6:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I forgot about #2. Several Jennings catches on here. Still think #1 is more luck than skill.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
When I read the OP, I immediately though of The Jennings TD in the SB as many have already mentioned.

Here's another of my favorite throws, nor because of the distance or accuracy, but because of the intelligence: the fake spike and quick toss to a rookie WR to get a few more yards closer to the end zone as time ran out.

Cannot recall the specifics right now.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
When I read the OP, I immediately though of The Jennings TD in the SB as many have already mentioned.

Here's another of my favorite throws, nor because of the distance or accuracy, but because of the intelligence: the fake spike and quick toss to a rookie WR to get a few more yards closer to the end zone as time ran out.

Cannot recall the specifics right now.

Here you go....was to Adams

http://www.nfl.com/videos/green-bay-packers/0ap3000000411417/Precisely-Played-Rodgers-fake-spike