Where Do You Rank This Throw?

CowboysFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys have obviously had the privilege to watch this unreal, superhuman quarterback his entire career, but just out of curiosity where would rank this throw as far as his best throws of his career? I would put this right up there with any of them especially because of the situation, the fact that it's 3rd and 20, once again escaping and just the arm strength and ball placement on such a throw is unreal.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Sky King

Reaction score
There have been others. The Hail Mary to Janis in last year's Division playoff game comes to mind because of distance, accuracy and because he had to throw it awkwardly and going to his left (again). When you watch the replay it does not seem possible that he could do that.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has made some incredible throws. This one is tied for 1st I would say.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
When you take the situation out of the equation, he's made much more impressive throws than that just in a vacuum. But there's no question that it might go down as the biggest throw of his career, especially if he's able to help in another Super Bowl.

I would say that the throw to Janis is #1 for me. Arizona baited him into rolling to his left by bringing pressure off the edge from Aaron's right. So he rolls to his left, since that's what the pressure dictated, as soon as he turns to look toward the endzone, he sees two defenders flying at his face, but he somehow opens his hips and throws an absolute perfect ball falling down, off of his back foot, knowing he was about to take a huge lick. It would have been easy to bail out on the throw just slightly, thus not reaching the endzone, but I'm telling you, that might have been the most sensational throw I have ever seen in my life.

But the throw Sunday is certainly up there with the most memorable ones for me. I'll never forget it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If situation I may have to go with Detroit hail Mary.. With out that, we don't win and we don't make playoffs..

With out knowing the out come of the playoffs, this throw got us in the playoffs. Which is the 1st goal.

The Dallas throw, while the actual throw might be the best, we still were tied if he missed it. Who knows what happens in over time.

That's why I didn't rank that one.

So the actual throw there may have been more, but this Dallas throw was awesome! And maybe #1

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of his more underrated throws was the post pattern he hit Jennings on in the Super Bowl. It was at a huge spot and he threw a dart into a tiny window. There was underneath coverage and coverage over the top. Very few qbs could fit that pass in especially in that situation and he made it look easy.

Back the throw in question it was probably the best or tied for best with the Arizona throws

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Another one... This year ball to Jordy in bears game to get Crosby the game winning kick..

Again with that we don't make playoffs

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Another one... This year ball to Jordy in bears game to get Crosby the game winning kick..

That was a remarkable throw.

It was so fitting to hear "turn down for what!" in the background as they broke the huddle. :roflmao:

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys have obviously had the privilege to watch this unreal, superhuman quarterback his entire career, but just out of curiosity where would rank this throw as far as his best throws of his career? I would put this right up there with any of them especially because of the situation, the fact that it's 3rd and 20, once again escaping and just the arm strength and ball placement on such a throw is unreal.

Maybe Im the nostalgic type... But I wouldn't rank that "throw" itself in his top 5. Don't get me wrong, that's not to take anything away from it. Great throw if you have ever run left and thrown left. Usually the ball sails about 4 yards out of bounds.

Like I am more impressed by these from an arm talent aspect.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/09/aar...ry-michael-vick-randall-cunningham-jay-cutler

74 yards in the air, rolling left and throwing right... How the #@$^@#$ does someone do that?

This one that didn't count...

The pass to Adams this year was pretty incredible

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016...s-davante-adams-touchdown-pass-eagles-packers

Definitely the super bowl throw on 3rd down to Jennings.

These are in no order, but they don't even include the hail mary's. These are from a pure passer standpoint, not taking into account the game or magnitude. Taking in that, throws a lot of these out. But from an arm talent aspect I think he has made at least 10-15 better throws than that one. Really he had about 3 feet vertically that he could have made that throw it didn't have to be perfect. Again not to take away from how good it was.

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that the SB throw to Jennings was spectacular in so many ways, but definitely in execution and situation. I also think that the 61yd pass to Janis on 4th & 20 to set up the hail mary to Janis in the Arizona playoff game was a more spectacular throw.

We've all seen so many amazing throws by Rodgers over the years that it really is difficult to say which is best. We have been spoiled by so many of them that only some of the more recent ones stand out. I'd say his 36 yards to Cook is probably top ten but can't say definitively without watching all of his games again. He pulls out a few truly magical throws per season and has been a starter since 2008. That's a lot to remember.

I'm glad that nobody has asked us to compare to all of Favre's amazing throws. That would be a fun hour or two of programming (hint hint NFL Network) to put all of Brett and Aaron's throws side by side and try to rank them...starting with the best 50 throws!

Last edited:

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Eh I think we swap spots with the Lions if we lose that game. Wild Card.

Last edited:

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of his more underrated throws was the post pattern he hit Jennings on in the Super Bowl. It was at a huge spot and he threw a dart into a tiny window. There was underneath coverage and coverage over the top. Very few qbs could fit that pass in especially in that situation and he made it look easy.

Back the throw in question it was probably the best or tied for best with the Arizona throws

He doesn't hit Jennings there, we probably lose the Super Bowl.

They showed a replay of that pass - from Rodgers' perspective - in the season opener against NO the following year. Rodgers could not see Jennings at all when he threw the ball. It was a blind throw. Pinpoint perfect because Ike Taylor even grazed the ball with his finger before it got to Jennings.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not even sure it was his best throw in that game. The throw to Cobb was just as pinpoint and he had to do it while still sprinting to his right as he was getting hit. Take context out of the equation and if you're just looking at the throw itself, I think the Cobb throw was actually more impressive.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN just had an article, here is a still frame of the gap (lack there of) he had in the throw to jennings in the super bowl.

Funny enough it had this one too.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we're talking favorite throws in general, one of my absolute favorites was the dime Rodgers dropped to JJ in Minnesota last season. What a beauty.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely the throw against Jacksonville in the opener this year. I don't understand how no one mentioned this!!! He had a 200 lb. man hanging from his jersey! yet while being dragged to the ground!! with a flick of the wrist, he delivers a pinpoint dart from about 28-30yards to the end zone for a touchdown. That's his best throw in his career imo. Difference between Best Throw, and most Cluth Throw...I see a lot of ppl talking about his most clutch throws.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely the throw against Jacksonville in the opener this year. I don't understand how no one mentioned this!!! He had a 200 lb. man hanging from his jersey! yet while being dragged to the ground!! with a flick of the wrist, he delivers a pinpoint dart from about 28-30yards to the end zone for a touchdown. That's his best throw in his career imo. Difference between Best Throw, and most Cluth Throw...I see a lot of ppl talking about his most clutch throws.

Honestly I think someone could make a 30 minute video of 10 second clips of the best throws he's ever had. I think everyone just has one that comes to mind as their best. And I don't know about you, but I remember very few of his throws over the years. I am probably forgetting 50 truly amazing ones lol

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No underrating from me. I rank that throw to Jennings as his BEST ever. The window was oh so tight. The situation was bigger than any other. And the throw was absolutely perfect.

The Hail Mary's shouldn't be in the discussion. Those throws are mostly luck related

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No underrating from me. I rank that throw to Jennings as his BEST ever. The window was oh so tight. The situation was bigger than any other. And the throw was absolutely perfect.

The Hail Mary's shouldn't be in the discussion. Those throws are mostly luck related
I understand what you mean about Luck, but the reality is that most NFL quarterbacks cannot throw a ball with that kind of height and distance even when they are not being rushed.

Reaction score
In Philly you can ask a group of people who caught the 4th and 26 pass to beat the Packers years ago in the playoffs.
4 out of 5 of them can offer the receiver by name and at least 1 doesn't follow football.
I think there are several factors that dictate a great throw but one of the weightiest is a throw that involves the combination of the pressures of down and distance, time, weight of the outcome of the game and weight of outcome of the season.
This throw covers them all and yes IF Aaron goes on to win the SB? I think it will be the play that will define the season.
Not only does Aaron need to get a minimum of 30+ yards.. but he needs to also stop the clock or its game over even with a catch. E.g, If this ball traveled 60 yards in the middle of the field and been caught? I believe it would've went to OT and we would've lost as Dallas had all the momentum and we had all the injuries.
It was the perfect distance, the perfect placement, the perfect timing and it was coupled with being used to put away the #1 ranked Conference team with zero time on the clock to advance to the Championship game.
IMO it's arguably one of the most clutch plays he's ever made and adds new credence to "run the table".
We are very fortunate to be fans of such an incredible athlete and it's no coincidence.

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Best throw IMO that I can recall is the 4th down TD pass to Cobb vs the Bears a few seasons back. Miss Kuhns blocking in the backfield. That pass tried this season gets Peppers a sack. The SB pass to Jennings is right there too. I prefer the first hail Rodgers to Janis that set up the second TD one. Pretty much any of Jordy's sideline toe tappers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts