WhatifSports.com NFCN preview

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolute record 16-0? That would be nice. I know its only July but I really have a good feeling about this year and I haven't felt that way in a very long time.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care if we're 16-0 or if we're 9-7, as long as our post-season record is 3-0 or 4-0. :)

But 16-0 would be pretty sweet.

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol I really enjoyed reading that haha. 16-0 would be a dream, best damn one ever. But like others have said, all I care about it making it to the playoffs and getting to the super bowl.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They don't think we'll be 16-0. They know luck needs to be on our way all the time for it to go like that. But they think we can, that we're favorites in every game we play, and I like that.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It all sounds good, the only problem is its July. We have some big question marks on this team, not that there are no answers, but there are some things that have to be resolved.

1 - Offensive line (Spitz's back, Lang's hand, Tauscher's knees, Clifton's?) Then we have the unproven and inexperience players with Breno, Buluga, and Newhouse. Not sure what Barbre can do and what we are going to get with Colledge.

Bottom line is that we don't have an O-line that has played together as a cohesive unit for any length of time. Is there hope, YES, but there is a lot of work and decisions to be made.

2 - Our secondary has some unresolved issues, Harris's knee, Bigby holding out, Underwood legal problems, Blackmon coming back from injury, Burnett is a rookie with no experience in a 3-4 defense.

3 - Special teams, did it bother anybody that MM got a little too excited about Barbre playing on special teams in his last press conference? Our issues with special teams are many and I am not sure they will improve this year, but one can hope.

4 - Driver is 34 going on 35 with both his knees getting scoped. Holt at 31 had the same procedure done and the following year his production dropped a lot.

5 - THE BIGGEST QUESTION, WILL JUSTIN HARRELL PLAY THIS YEAR? If he can play and produce a pass rush like a first round draft choice should, our defensive line will dominate this year and our secondary problems will be gone like a fart in the wind. Just think with Jenkins, Raji, and Harrell on 3rd and long in the 4th quarter being fresh because we have Pickett, 2 rookies, and Wynn even Jolly in the rotation during the game.

I will call it now, if Harrell can play, Jones will have 10 or more sacks and Barrnett and Hawk both make the probowl.

aaronqb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It all sounds good, the only problem is its July. We have some big question marks on this team, not that there are no answers, but there are some things that have to be resolved.

1 - Offensive line (Spitz's back, Lang's hand, Tauscher's knees, Clifton's?) Then we have the unproven and inexperience players with Breno, Buluga, and Newhouse. Not sure what Barbre can do and what we are going to get with Colledge.

Bottom line is that we don't have an O-line that has played together as a cohesive unit for any length of time. Is there hope, YES, but there is a lot of work and decisions to be made.

I believe the OL will turn out to be a strong unit in 2010. There are 13 guys in the mix to make the team. No doubt some difficult decisions will need to be made, but the results will be good.

2 - Our secondary has some unresolved issues, Harris's knee, Bigby holding out, Underwood legal problems, Blackmon coming back from injury, Burnett is a rookie with no experience in a 3-4 defense.

Harris will begin the season on the PUP list, but stands a good chance at suiting up in week 6. Depth may be an issue if there are injuries, but I am thinking TT may make another trade on the last day of cuts - trades an OL for a backup CB.

3 - Special teams, did it bother anybody that MM got a little too excited about Barbre playing on special teams in his last press conference? Our issues with special teams are many and I am not sure they will improve this year, but one can hope.

This is the biggest question mark, but I think we will be adequate. Crosby has a good year and anyone is an upgrade over Kapinos.

4 - Driver is 34 going on 35 with both his knees getting scoped. Holt at 31 had the same procedure done and the following year his production dropped a lot.

Could happen, but we have Nelson and Jones waiting in the wings. Both are ready to start if the situation presents itself. This is one place we can afford an injury or another issue.

5 - THE BIGGEST QUESTION, WILL JUSTIN HARRELL PLAY THIS YEAR? If he can play and produce a pass rush like a first round draft choice should, our defensive line will dominate this year and our secondary problems will be gone like a fart in the wind. Just think with Jenkins, Raji, and Harrell on 3rd and long in the 4th quarter being fresh because we have Pickett, 2 rookies, and Wynn even Jolly in the rotation during the game.

I will call it now, if Harrell can play, Jones will have 10 or more sacks and Barrnett and Hawk both make the probowl.

I wouldn't bank on Harrell making the team, but we have much better depth this year with Raji, Neal, and Wilson. If Raji is even close to what we thought we would get, our sacks will be up.

Every team has issues - the Packers are no exception ... but I think we are in good shape. See my comments above

Reaction score
We can start the season 6-0 very easily. Then we have 3 tough games in a row. Then we have our bye. Then a pretty tough schedule the rest of the season.. I have us going 11-5.Starting the season 7-0 then losing 3 in a row to jets, dallas, then minnesota. Losing to either the falcons or 49ers and winning the other one. then losing to the patriots. Honestly we can beat any one of teams on our schedule. My 11-5 record i projected is the least we should do with this caliber of talent on this team. My best case scenario is us going 14-2 with losses to the jets and minnesota

pluto

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can start the season 6-0 very easily. Then we have 3 tough games in a row. Then we have our bye. Then a pretty tough schedule the rest of the season.. I have us going 11-5.Starting the season 7-0 then losing 3 in a row to jets, dallas, then minnesota. Losing to either the falcons or 49ers and winning the other one. then losing to the patriots. Honestly we can beat any one of teams on our schedule. My 11-5 record i projected is the least we should do with this caliber of talent on this team. My best case scenario is us going 14-2 with losses to the jets and minnesota

the jets are way overrated. they signed a few people and now everyone thinks they're the team to beat. with that many egos on a team there will be trouble in the locker room. also, what about the players from last year that didn't get the pay raises, are they going to be happy or pissed off because they didn't get a raise?:viksux:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at the Viqueens schedule.
Their first 4 ROAD games are at:

-New Orleans (NFL Champions)
-NY Jets (AFC Title game loser)
-Packers
-New England

They could possibly be 3-4 after those games, with a 3-0 home record and 0-4 road record.
Then after Arizona, they go to Chicago where they lost last year, and then we go to the HumptyDome.
After that ***-whipping we lay on them, they travel to the Redskins where Donovan McNabb has that team contending. Could the Vikings go 7-9 this year?

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wow........Hawk in the Probowl? I better not wear my Hawk Jersey.......because every time I put it on the Packers end up sucking that day. hmmmmmm

Members online

Latest posts