What would be worse?

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A friend and I were having this discussion, and I can't make up my mind, so I thought I'd ask in the forum.

What do you think would be worse and more embarassing for the Patriots after having their undefeated regular season...getting to the Super Bowl and losing, or losing in the playoffs and not making it to the Super Bowl at all?

Just a question to ponder.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A friend and I were having this discussion, and I can't make up my mind, so I thought I'd ask in the forum.

What do you think would be worse and more embarassing for the Patriots after having their undefeated regular season...getting to the Super Bowl and losing, or losing in the playoffs and not making it to the Super Bowl at all?

Just a question to ponder.

I have to say losing in the playoffs and not making it to the SB period.

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losing in the superbowl for me would be worse,

One game from it all and then to be remembered for not doing a Miami. That would be a killer.

What should be remembered is that the Pats have won a 16 game season not a 14 like Miami did though.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Depends on how they lose... but today to me would have been it... a paper lion type team... lose when it counts.. alas they won.

V

Vikeman

The thing to keep in mind is the Patriots are not going to lose to anyone. It's the best team ever created. Anyone who knows anything about football will tell you the same.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
The thing to keep in mind is the Patriots are not going to lose to anyone. It's the best team ever created. Anyone who knows anything about football will tell you the same.

Any given Sunday.. that is why they play the game. You might be right about the team, but they still cheated and lack overall class. At least on the sideline.

OP
OP
N

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You're forgetting that they were a freak timeout call away from being beaten by the Ravens. They aren't blowing out teams like the were early in the season, and have had quite a few close calls go their way. They aren't invincible. Anyone who knows anything about football would know that.

V

Vikeman

Vikeman said:

Any given Sunday.. that is why they play the game. You might be right about the team, but they still cheated and lack overall class. At least on the sideline.

I know they were caught recording signals in week 1...did they cheat in week 2, 3, 7, 12, 17? Did they cheat when they beat the Jags? Let the spygate BS go. They were not the only team doing it...they were the only team that got caught, and were made an example of. You've got some nerve talking about class being a Packer fan. Let's not forget Favre's own statement about if it were not for the painkillers, he couldn't have made it through some of those games in the 90's. Should their be an asterisk? Pick up a book and read it. Favre = Booze, b*tches and Vicoden Brady = Class.

V

Vikeman

Vikeman said:

You're forgetting that they were a freak timeout call away from being beaten by the Ravens. They aren't blowing out teams like the were early in the season, and have had quite a few close calls go their way. They aren't invincible. Anyone who knows anything about football would know that.

They are invincible. Until another team at their best play the Pats at their best then it will be otherwise. When they play like garbage (like the Ravens game) and still pull off the win...it goes to show you how good they are. 16-0 is so hard to do...only Pats haters can't see that.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
Vikeman said:

I know they were caught recording signals in week 1...did they cheat in week 2, 3, 7, 12, 17? Did they cheat when they beat the Jags? Let the spygate BS go. They were not the only team doing it...they were the only team that got caught, and were made an example of. You've got some nerve talking about class being a Packer fan. Let's not forget Favre's own statement about if it were not for the painkillers, he couldn't have made it through some of those games in the 90's. Should their be an asterisk? Pick up a book and read it. Favre = Booze, b*tches and Vicoden Brady = Class.
Favre NEVER took the drugs when he was going to play. He got hooked on painkillers, was a bigger man then most by admitting it, and changed his ways. Yes, i would call that CLASS.
Brady going around impregnating women is "class?" ok......guess your ideals are set at a different level then mine.

marstc09

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They will not lose. The Giants, Packers, and Cowboys have not been anywhere near dominant this year. With that being said Favre is the only QB left that can do it.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They will not lose. The Giants, Packers, and Cowboys have not been anywhere near dominant this year. With that being said Favre is the only QB left that can do it.
On any given day........... :wink:

OP
OP
N

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nathaniel said:
Vikeman said:

They are invincible. Until another team at their best play the Pats at their best then it will be otherwise. When they play like garbage (like the Ravens game) and still pull off the win...it goes to show you how good they are. 16-0 is so hard to do...only Pats haters can't see that.

Hmmm...I missed the part where I said I hated the Patriots...and the part where I said 16-0 is easy...

Invincible. Yeah, ok. Whatever you say. :roll:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikeman said:
nathaniel said:
Vikeman said:

Hmmm...I missed the part where I said I hated the Patriots...and the part where I said 16-0 is easy...

All it would take is one injury, one fumble, one INT...that's all it takes. Invincible. Yeah, ok. Whatever you say. By saying they are invincible negates any argument you have.
To me........the odds get worse for them each week. Every win they get in a row, makes it more possible that the streak will end.
How many other undefeated teams have there been for a whole season? Just the 72 Dolphins.

OP
OP
N

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nathaniel said:
Vikeman said:
nathaniel said:
Vikeman said:

All it would take is one injury, one fumble, one INT...that's all it takes. Invincible. Yeah, ok. Whatever you say. By saying they are invincible negates any argument you have.
To me........the odds get worse for them each week. Every win they get in a row, makes it more possible that the streak will end.
How many other undefeated teams have there been for a whole season? Just the 72 Dolphins.

Exactly.

Look at their games from the mid-way point on. Teams have shown they can play the Pats down to the wire. I'm not arguing that the Pats aren't good. They are extremely good. But to think that they CAN'T be beaten is just ridiculous.

Slagathor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of the teams left, who has the best chance to beat them????

Big deal the Gaints played them tough in the last game, IF a team is gonna beat them, I would bet on the Packers, but not much.

My heart says GO PACK, but my head says there isnt a team left that can roll with the Pats....

Be logical about it, not just a hater. Give credit where credit is due.....

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers can definately play with them. I really believe that the Packers are the only team in the NFL that can, with their offense. I think that GB would own the second half against a tired NE def.

I think that one problem in gauging things is that GB played inferior talent at QB. THe best qb that they have beaten this year is probably Hassleback. McNabb was not playing well when they played. Eli is only now put a few decent games together. (wont continue sunday). If you rank the QB's that GB beat, the list is pretty ugly.

I look forward to seeing GB d playing brady. I think it will be interesting.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre NEVER took the drugs when he was going to play. He got hooked on painkillers, was a bigger man then most by admitting it, and changed his ways.

I think that you are candy coating that a little...like any good fan.

Favre was addicted to pain killers. By definition, addicts cant control themselves. THerefore, to say that he NEVER took drugs when he was going to play does not make sense.

I have never had pain killers, so I am not sure the advantage that he may have gained. I would guess that any advantage Favre had if he was playing on pain killers is NOTHING compared to the steroids and HGH that players have been using for the past 30 years. IMO, 50% of the players in the NFL are on something. I dont think that you can even test for HGH???

OP
OP
N

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think that you can even test for HGH???

HGH testing requires a blood test, but none of the players associations allow blood tests, only urine tests. They're trying to develop a urine test for HGH now, but it could be a ways off.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
I dont think that you can even test for HGH???

HGH testing requires a blood test, but none of the players associations allow blood tests, only urine tests. They're trying to develop a urine test for HGH now, but it could be a ways off.

Ok. I did not know that. I think that it is strange that HGH is talked about so much in baseball, and not in football. Why is that? Just because of bonds?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Favre NEVER took the drugs when he was going to play. He got hooked on painkillers, was a bigger man then most by admitting it, and changed his ways.

Favre was addicted to pain killers. By definition, addicts cant control themselves. THerefore, to say that he NEVER took drugs when he was going to play does not make sense.

I have never had pain killers, so I am not sure the advantage that he may have gained. I would guess that any advantage Favre had if he was playing on pain killers is NOTHING compared to the steroids and HGH that players have been using for the past 30 years. IMO, 50% of the players in the NFL are on something. I dont think that you can even test for HGH???
Favre himself said he NEVER took them before a game. He said he wouldn't have been able to play if he had been high on them. The guy came out and admitted he was hooked........what reason would there be for him to lie about that, if he was the one who turned himself in on it in the first place? He wasn't "caught", he turned himself in.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
cheesey said:

Favre himself said he NEVER took them before a game. He said he wouldn't have been able to play if he had been high on them. The guy came out and admitted he was hooked........what reason would there be for him to lie about that, if he was the one who turned himself in on it in the first place? He wasn't "caught", he turned himself in.

Oh. I didnt know that Favre himself said it. Then ok, he must not have.

btw- THanks for clearing up for me whether Roger Clemens did any Steroids or HGH. Afterall, Clemens himself said that he didn't, and Clemens isn't even an addict.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I know they were caught recording signals in week 1...did they cheat in week 2, 3, 7, 12, 17? Did they cheat when they beat the Jags? Let the spygate BS go. They were not the only team doing it...they were the only team that got caught, and were made an example of.

Vikeman you are correct in that other teams did it..But what you seem to forget is the NFL sent out letters BEFORE the season reminding teams NOT to do it, but they did anyways..

Members online

Latest posts