What would be this season's catchphrase?

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just something to pass the off-season...

So after R-E-L-A-X and "Run the Table", will there be a catchphrase this season?

I hope we don't get to a catchphrase required situation, but if there ever was a catchphrase for good times, what could be it?

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't care about the season. Don't care if they go 16-0. Win the SB or its a failure. All they did last year was get a worst draft pick. Sorry if that's harsh. I'm just tired of this organization not doing enough to be the best.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't care about the season. Don't care if they go 16-0. Win the SB or its a failure. All they did last year was get a worst draft pick. Sorry if that's harsh. I'm just tired of this organization not doing enough to be the best.
Www.wanttobeabearsfan?.com/*******/

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Www.wanttobeabearsfan?.com/*******/

Didn't a once famous coach say the following: " Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser"? Something along those lines. Seems people are more and more content with the Packers just making the playoffs.

I'm an all or nothing guy. Black and white. No in between. Since 2011, all this organization has done is get bad draft spots with an average drafting GM at the helm.

I remember the Steelers GM arguing with a reporter if the 2010 season ( Lost SB to us) was a success. He stated they were a failure just like the other 28 teams.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So if we don't win a SB you'd prefer a 0-16 season? :confused:
They weren't supposed to get any more wins after their 4th last year. If they had stuck to that plan, we would have a top 5 pick and have a chance at Marshon Lattimore, who scouts think will be one of the best CBs in the league.

But now, the no-brainer picks will be gone when Thompson is on the board, allowing him to get "creative" and draft a guy who should have gone a round later. So instead of a top 5 player, we're going to get a late 2nd round talent in the draft. Should have blown those other games....

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They weren't supposed to get any more wins after their 4th last year. If they had stuck to that plan, we would have a top 5 pick and have a chance at Marshon Lattimore, who scouts think will be one of the best CBs in the league.

But now, the no-brainer picks will be gone when Thompson is on the board, allowing him to get "creative" and draft a guy who should have gone a round later. So instead of a top 5 player, we're going to get a late 2nd round talent in the draft. Should have blown those other games....

So you're saying if you don't know 100% that you're going to win the Super Bowl that season, you should blow all your games. I can't imagine there's ever been a team that knows for sure they're going to win it all. You're setting yourself up for an angry fan base, a discouraged locker room, all sorts of issues when you do something like that. And that would be a huge waste of your star players losing time out of their prime, just to move up in the draft. I respect your opinion, I guess mine just differs. Hey, I mean what if we gave up in 2010?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you're saying if you don't know 100% that you're going to win the Super Bowl that season, you should blow all your games. I can't imagine there's ever been a team that knows for sure they're going to win it all. You're setting yourself up for an angry fan base, a discouraged locker room, all sorts of issues when you do something like that. And that would be a huge waste of your star players losing time out of their prime, just to move up in the draft. I respect your opinion, I guess mine just differs. Hey, I mean what if we gave up in 2010?
That was a sarcastic statement, but there does need to be something which puts the team over the hump. The defense seems to feel neglected, yet that's where all of the early picks have gone in the past years.

I honestly think Capers is to blame, and that while the defense lacks elite talent, every single cornerback on the team wouldn't be the worst in the league if they had a proper DC.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
We all want them to win the SB, and yes its a failure that they didn't, just like 30 other teams. You say you don't care about the season, but the regular season does matter, cuz if you don't win in the regular season, you don't make the playoffs, and if you don't make the playoffs, you don't have a chance to win the Super Bowl. You say you don't care, but I'm sure you were cheering them on, every week of the season, cheering them on when they ran the table, cheering them on when they won 2 playoff games vs the Giants and Boys. I'd rather pick at the end of the draft than the beginning, because if your picking at the beginning, you have a $h!t load of problems to address.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
"Just Entertain Me!"

Super Bowl Victories are great, but I honestly don't expect them every year. So give me 12 "fun" regular season wins, mix in some exciting playoffs and the rest is gravy.

Last edited:

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We all want them to win the SB, and yes its a failure that they didn't, just like 30 other teams. You say you don't care about the season, but the regular season does matter, cuz if you don't win in the regular season, you don't make the playoffs, and if you don't make the playoffs, you don't have a chance to win the Super Bowl. You say you don't care, but I'm sure you were cheering them on, every week of the season, cheering them on when they ran the table, cheering them on when they won 2 playoff games vs the Giants and Boys. I'd rather pick at the end of the draft than the beginning, because if your picking at the beginning, you have a $h!t load of problems to address.

I care how they do. I'll cheer them on regardless. Its tough to describe my emotions.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Tired of "catch phrases".

Ted Thompson is doing a disservice to Packer fans, the players, everyone and he isn't "all in" on winning. He fails to exhaust all options to get the best personnel in to win and is just happy with being content and keeping things afloat collecting money till the 2018 draft when he will finally retire.

He is wasting Aaron Rodgers career and is a horrible GM. He is ruining it for everyone.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
If you dont care if the Packers win the SB or not, why be here? It appears some fams would prefer the Packers just sign FAs rather than succeed.
That's the whole point. I do care whether or not the Packers win the Super Bowl, and it's quite depressing when the GM isn't using every method possible to improve the team.

This organization has been over reliant upon all time great quarterback play from Aaron Rodgers for several years now, and in my opinion, it's cost the Packers opportunities to win another Super Bowl or two.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It should be The Lombardi Trophy is coming home but will likely be...

SSDS....

Same ****, Different Season

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
"Hope Floats (or sinks)"

TT's hope that better health and improvement of the current players + draft picks will make a below average defense rise. I guess we will see just where that ship is at the end of the 2017 season.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That doesn't make any kind of sense. Most successful team have made with with late draft picks. How come the Pats are successful without having losing season? If TT is a bad drafter, then order of the picks shouldn't matter much...unless you count on us lucking out on players.

D

Deleted member 6794

That doesn't make any kind of sense. Most successful team have made with with late draft picks. How come the Pats are successful without having losing season? If TT is a bad drafter, then order of the picks shouldn't matter much...unless you count on us lucking out on players.

The Patriots have been more successful because Belichick aggressively addresses obvious positions of need on the roster, using all methods available to achieve it.

Members online

Latest posts