What were you saying about Brett?

acw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think any talk of sidelining Brett was answered today. Again, he's not the best, but he's as close as we're going to get for a while.

While the int was unfortunate it was a one in a thousand catch, not a break down in fundementals. It was a good throw, just a better play by the linebacker. Other than that throw he played flawlessly and really won that game with some of those throws.

Let's hope he continues to play with such wisdom and control.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Any talk should continue. CFL players throw the ball directly into the arms of other players on the goal line during play off runs.

I think if he jus made wiser pass selections he'd be all right.

OP
OP
A

acw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he did this game. They mentioned on SportsCenter last night that the int was really a great play by the LB and not a bad throw by Brett. Nine times out of ten that throw goes right by that LB and everybody says "what a great pass."

We do agree that Brett is a gunslinger and throws many high risk passes, more than most. However, he throws more TD passes than most also, do you want that to decrease? That's his style, always has been. He's not as good as he use to be and he makes a few more mistakes on soem of those. But he also makes more plays lke the throw to Javon Walker on the play that got us to the 7 yard line at the end of the game. That throw, under an all out blitz, was a beauty. Most QB's eat the ball or throw it away at best, end of game, we lose. That's not to mention all the great third down throws he made, and a couple fourth down throws as well.

I say again, he's not the best, but he's damn close to it. The grass would not be greener with a different QB.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
acw said:
That's not to mention all the great third down throws he made, and a couple fourth down throws as well.

I say again, he's not the best, but he's damn close to it. The grass would not be greener with a different QB.

Agreed!

Bettie_Page

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a beautiful game. It started snowing here in Houston in the second half and it began to look like Christmas... the last time it snowed was in 1989. By the fourth quarter the flakes were flying. The kids were playing in something that they've never seen before and the Packers were driving for the winning score! :D

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great play by the linebacker who went up and made a great play that WR's sometimes don't even make, to compare him to a CFL Qb is laughable.

OP
OP
A

acw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's great you had snow on Chirstmas eve in Houston. I lived south of LA for three years and I absolutely hated the fact that I could wash my car on Christmas day. The seasons are a continious change in the constant mundane lives most of us live, they force us to change our habits and our daily routines.

Back to football - I personally feel that if Brett continues to have fun and enjoys the games, he could play effectively for 5 more years. I also think that if the Packers make the right move to get a winning team he would stay that long. That means a real GM and the best coordinators the Packers can afford.

cheesewiz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ANYONE suggesting Brett be benched can leave NOW as far as I'm concerned!!!!!!

Only a complete IDIOT or a FOOL would say such a thing!!!!!!!!!!!!! :comp:

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
brett has turned a 1-4 team into a division champ? comparing him to a cfl qb??? unbeleivable. he is amazing. if he made better throws we'd be better off? how about if the def played better, we'd be better off? the int ret was a great by a leaping lbers with a 1 in 10 catch. we wouldn't have even been backed up there if sherm didn't waste a challenge right away to gain us 20 more yds to punt.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts