What REALLY happened at the airport in GB

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers has a lot to learn about where his money comes from

We realize that only two days ago we defended largely unlikable Bears quarterback Jay Cutler from a mailed-in attack by ESPN’s Rick Reilly.* But since Reilly has yet to attack Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, we feel no need to defend him.* (Yet.) In fact, we’re going to attack him a little.* (Maybe Reilly will come…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Awwww yah that would of been cool if he stopped. But now that he knows she was waiting for his siggy, he'll look out for her the next time.

(But Clay knew about her... oh well i'll give him the benefit of the doubt)

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like noted above Aaron was probably just in a focused mindset, he probably felt like giving out his signature would go into a bit of his own hype factor.
I love Matthews personality, awesome dude.

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I saw this video and people are blasting Rodgers about it. Watching the video he just seemed focused and he may have been so focused that he didn't see her, or maybe he had to do something at the airport? Who knows what it could have been. Gosh, by the way people were talking you would've thought that he yelled No at her, pushed her down, and then stepped on her hat. Haters!

L

Lunchboxer

Theres always next week. To get that Sig.

IDK why Rodgers did not sign it. Maybe he had too much on his mind.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with Gatorpack, I think Aaron was on a different planet and that is exactly where we want him to be. He probably didn't even notice her. Cut Aaron some slacks!

Clay however, is in that zone all the time so he is used to it! :)

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure he will send her an autograph or something after reading this... He isn't a ***.

John

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reading some of the comments on that article you'd think A-Rod was the second coming of Joseph Stalin. I mean come on it's not fair to judge the guy based on that. It looks kind of bad to blow past a cancer patient but hey who knows what was going on. At least Clay took some time and signed her hat.

AaronGodgers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure Aaron knows about this and is feelin bad and a slight embarrassment. He probably just had way to much on his mind and was like duhhhh she wanted my auto...oops.

Slightly off topic:
Never saw the huge deal with autographs myself.

bradwillrockyou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Aarron Rodgers as much as any Green Bay fan (own his jersey, etc.), but I don't know if I can buy excuses for not acting like a decent human being. The video below of him ignoring a lady who fell out of the stands does not make me admire the guy. It's like ignoring a mugging. Wouldn't you have checked to see if she was alright? Was she alright? I don't know. Yeah, he's a great quarterback and I love the Packers, but ...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQs02F9IPlo]YouTube - Green Bay Packers NFL fan FAIL[/ame]

and here's a different view shot by a fan ...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyYS-j_j5no]YouTube - Lady Falls at Packers Game[/ame]

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure Aaron knows about this and is feelin bad and a slight embarrassment. He probably just had way to much on his mind and was like duhhhh she wanted my auto...oops.

Slightly off topic:
Never saw the huge deal with autographs myself

I'm not a big fan of it myself. Firstly, Aaron or any player is not obligated to give anyone an autograph and shouldn't be criticized for not doing it. There is a time and a place to get an autograph, the airport is kind of an awkward place to be standing and waiting for them to come by. I would personally never do that to a player, I'd consider it an invasion of their privacy but that's just me. I respect my players a bit too much for that.

I'm not saying they are not classy and decent to their fans because they 100% are and I love them for that. I'm just saying maybe some fans could give the players that same decency back in return.

AaronGodgers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Way too excited to high-five Aaron there and falling outta the stands. OOPS. :)
But Aaron does keep looking back until the blue jackets get over there. They are more qualified to deal with that situation anyway.

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blown out of proportion, horrible PR person not doing their job there though.

Packers pay people to make their athletes aware of these situations. FYI...

dantastic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So kind of the local channel to put that piece up. Jerks. I don't think they were thinking how damaging that would be to Aaron.
I'm sure that his mind was on the championship game already. Not on signing autographs.

on a side note, I know that couple that was featured. The husband was my old science teacher at Neenah.
He and his wife now run a farm outside of neenah that we take the kids to for pumpkin patchin and hayrides.
Good folks/:)

PackersAllDay89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one does it to be an *** - besides possibly Cutler. I'm sure he just wasn't paying attention or was trying to get out of there, no one likes cameras being shoved in their face.

Also, the lady who fell out of the stands - Aaron mentioned her in his post game press conference and said he wished her the best and hoped she wasn't injured.

bhepper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While unlikely, I'm glad he didn't help the lady who fell out of the stands. She could've been conceiling a weapon for all he knows. Better left to to stadium officials.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts