What Makes You Purr For The Packers?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I decided to create a thread for faith and purrs.

I would like everybody to once a week, once a day or what have you post a positive comment about the Packers. It could be anything for Aaron's QB rating to our run D. Anything that makes you happy inside, where you feel the energy that football stirs in your soul. Even if it's the uniforms that game.

The purpose of this is to provide place of positive energy where you can come and read all the happiest things about the Packers. At the end of this road, may we have too many blessings to even count. I think we are going to have a good year, a happy year, our hearts fulfilled with blessings. Could we perhaps kind of start to document that now as a road map of blessings we can go back and read at the end of the year?

Hope everyone is cool with this.

I'll start us off. I'm really impressed with Cobb and all the new talent making their mark on this season so far!

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I'm pleased that this team hasn't suffered from the "super bowl hangover" that plagues so many teams. I love that were just too talented, and our coach knows better than to let that happen. It also shows we didn't get lucky last year in the playoffs or in the SB like some teams do when they go one and done-kinda like the cardinals even though they didn't win.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great idea for a thread.
Yeah, let's start the positive thinking about this team.

I love it that this team doesn't just win a bunch of games and then fades into obscurity.
If someone is going to pick an NFL team to be a fan of it should be the Pack because, unlike other teams, they will find a way to somehow come back time and time again.

(Looks like me and dbain echoed each other. Kinda funny since we both have the same player in our avatars!)

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love that our team is so successful and so talented that it's downright scary to other teams, all the while our players are generally almost always good people who make good decisions.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Does Mason Crosby count? :D
Yeah he counts, He hasn't missed one yet. He has the leg to kick it out of the back of the end zone to neutralize guys like Hester and mark my words, one game this year he is going to make a 50+ yard game winner and we are all going to go nuts.

And he's a really nice guy.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I feel that with all the talent and youth we have. The quality of Coaching we have and the excellent scouting and decision making of our front office. We may be at the start of a period in Packer history that they will be talking about in 40 years the way we talk about the 60's Packers. With Reverence

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I'm thankful Clay drinks his muscle milk! :p

Great thread Kitten!!!

Plus I love DD, and hope he has an amazing season , and that goes for every member of the team on the roster, coaches ect.

Group Packer hugs!!! :x3: *hugging hard! heehee

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel that with all the talent and youth we have. The quality of Coaching we have and the excellent scouting and decision making of our front office. We may be at the start of a period in Packer history that they will be talking about in 40 years the way we talk about the 60's Packers. With Reverence
Yeah, it does feel like the second coming of Vince, doesn't it?

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I'm thankful Clay drinks his muscle milk! :p

Great thread Kitten!!!

Plus I love DD, and hope he has an amazing season , and that goes for every member of the team on the roster, coaches ect.

Group Packer hugs!!! :x3: *hugging hard! heehee

You know I have been drinking that stuff for years and it hasn't helped me at all.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Real men don't "purr". But I'm glad to have the Packers and the NFL around to provide a little escapism from the other "pressures" with which I deal. I think Greg Jennings' enthusiasm is hysterical. He really makes me laugh.

Reaction score
What impresses me is the character and respect that the players and management have. I know we have to keep Finley's ego in check but you look the other players and they are pretty much all in sync and DO NOT put themselves ahead of anyone else. I doubt that it will ever be "The T.O. Show" or "Ochostinko Show" in Green Bay and I really appreciate that.
Trapped

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
What impresses me is the character and respect that the players and management have. I know we have to keep Finley's ego in check but you look the other players and they are pretty much all in sync and DO NOT put themselves ahead of anyone else. I doubt that it will ever be "The T.O. Show" or "Ochostinko Show" in Green Bay and I really appreciate that.
Trapped

This is a good point. Look at all the teams right now that have gone into "meltdown" mode with players calling each other out and calling the coach out. The Packers organization is being well managed right now.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Real men don't "purr". But I'm glad to have the Packers and the NFL around to provide a little escapism from the other "pressures" with which I deal. I think Greg Jennings' enthusiasm is hysterical. He really makes me laugh.

I do love him too!!! The two jersey's we own is Donald Drivers and Greg Jennings...

that touchdown that BJ Raji made, and Gregs running up to him yelling "BEEEEEEEEEEEEJJJAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!"

and my favorite clip of the 07-08 playoff game.. by his enthusiam alone we should of won that game!
I've got to see if I have that still!

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love that GB is a place for players/coaches come to revive their careers, not a place to come and fade away. Charles "the man" Woodson and Dom Capers are the first two who come to mind.

greenNyellow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love when our d-backs get an int and the first thing they do is go up to one another and just shake hands. No excessive celebrating, not much jumping around just a handshake. Act like it's expected. I remember when Woodson started it and I have loved it since.

OP
OP
Kitten

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really happy to hear that Nick Collins's surgery went well and he should be back next year! Also happy to hear Mike Neal is coming back later this season! Some love for our fallen Packers. :)

Members online

Latest posts