What made you a Packers fan?

jdizz81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
November 5, 1989 Majik happened I was 7 years old living in central Illinois bears country at that time. I was excited when he threw the td confused about the replay then excited again. I got my first packers coat that year pullover starter jacket at Christmas. So while I grew up with Favre my first qb was the Majik man.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
November 5, 1989 Majik happened I was 7 years old living in central Illinois bears country at that time. I was excited when he threw the td confused about the replay then excited again. I got my first packers coat that year pullover starter jacket at Christmas. So while I grew up with Favre my first qb was the Majik man.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1989 was a good year after a long drought.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was the play where they couldn't figure out of Majik had crossed the LOS when he threw the TD, right? I remember that game.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
That was the play where they couldn't figure out of Majik had crossed the LOS when he threw the TD, right? I remember that game.
Bears had won the previous 8 games.

Would the call have been challenged under the current rules? It was deemed a penalty. I'm not aware you can challenge a penalty. The challenge would need to come from the booth in this instance. (41 seconds left)

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Would the call have been challenged under the current rules? It was deemed a penalty. I'm not aware you can challenge a penalty. The challenge would need to come from the booth in this instance. (41 seconds left)
That's a good question. A penalty can't be challenged.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A few can like 12-men on the field. I'm not sure of many other ones. A good reason to keep a T.O. in your pocket.
That's interesting - I didn't know 12-men could be challenged. At any rate, it illustrates the value of being careful with TOs. It's hard to find concrete examples of how having one or not having one affected the outcome of a game, but i'm sure it happens.

MrRodgers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My dads name is Gary and I’m a Gary too. Well my family just called me G ever since I could remember. Seeing that G in Green Bay just connected and I was hooked from a very early age. It’s the best franchise in all professional sports. It’s more than just football.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
My dads name is Gary and I’m a Gary too. Well my family just called me G ever since I could remember. Seeing that G in Green Bay just connected and I was hooked from a very early age. It’s the best franchise in all professional sports. It’s more than just football.
I take it you like G strings too? :coffee:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

A good question. Since it was a scoring play, I would hope that it can be reviewed. However, as you noted, can a penalty flag be picked up after a review?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is truly Majik!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
That's interesting - I didn't know 12-men could be challenged. At any rate, it illustrates the value of being careful with TOs. It's hard to find concrete examples of how having one or not having one affected the outcome of a game, but i'm sure it happens.
It happened in today's game.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Your location is Indiana? Don't say it. I can already hear the melody ...

Gary in Indiana, Gary in Indiana, Gary in Indiana in Opie's voice.

D

Deleted member 6794

That's a good question. A penalty can't be challenged.

A few can like 12-men on the field. I'm not sure of many other ones. A good reason to keep a T.O. in your pocket.

A good question. Since it was a scoring play, I would hope that it can be reviewed. However, as you noted, can a penalty flag be picked up after a review?

FYI the number of players on the field is the only penalty that can be challenged.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FYI the number of players on the field is the only penalty that can be challenged.
Timely reply cause that's exactly what MLF did yesterday. I knew penalties couldn't be challenged but didn't know there was an exception. And it was a great call by MLF.

On another subject, we agreed Lamar Jackson wasn't a great passer. I thought Huntley looked great last night. Granted it's one game, but I can't imagine they would have done better with Jackson. And Huntley can run. My guess is the Ravens will trade him for a decent draft pick(s) soon. Kind of crazy to have a guy that talented sit on the bench. Again, just one game. Do you know when he was drafted?

D

Deleted member 6794

I thought Huntley looked great last night. Granted it's one game, but I can't imagine they would have done better with Jackson. And Huntley can run. My guess is the Ravens will trade him for a decent draft pick(s) soon. Kind of crazy to have a guy that talented sit on the bench. Again, just one game. Do you know when he was drafted?

Huntley went undrafted in 2020 coming out of Utah.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Timely reply cause that's exactly what MLF did yesterday. I knew penalties couldn't be challenged but didn't know there was an exception. And it was a great call by MLF.

On another subject, we agreed Lamar Jackson wasn't a great passer. I thought Huntley looked great last night. Granted it's one game, but I can't imagine they would have done better with Jackson. And Huntley can run. My guess is the Ravens will trade him for a decent draft pick(s) soon. Kind of crazy to have a guy that talented sit on the bench. Again, just one game. Do you know when he was drafted?
A lot of Ravens fans are split and are willing to see their team trade Lamar to get a boatload while his price is high and turn the reins over to Huntley. Jackson is only slightly faster than Huntley. The performance by Huntley yesterday speaks volumes.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of Ravens fans are split and are willing to see their team trade Lamar to get a boatload while his price is high and turn the reins over to Huntley. Jackson is only slightly faster than Huntley. The performance by Huntley yesterday speaks volumes.
Yeah I hadn't thought of that but based on his performance yesterday, I'd rather have Huntley at the reins. Quite a performance.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huntley went undrafted in 2020 coming out of Utah.
Thanks for the info. Makes the story even more interesting. He still only has two starts under his belt, so doing anything with him at this point is risky. Another year with the Ravens probably won't hurt his stock. But based on what I saw yesterday, I'd rather have him starting than Jackson.
It happened yesterday when MLF challenged the no call on 12 men. Apparently that's the only penalty that can be reviewed, and so I'm guessing the only flag that can be picked up.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I hadn't thought of that but based on his performance yesterday, I'd rather have Huntley at the reins. Quite a performance.
Have to give some credit to Harbaugh and his staff. How many snaps has Huntley had? Compare that to Justin Fields who has been out there most of the season. Look who is farther on the learning curve. Great coaching, John.

D

Deleted member 6794

Have to give some credit to Harbaugh and his staff. How many snaps has Huntley had? Compare that to Justin Fields who has been out there most of the season. Look who is farther on the learning curve. Great coaching, John.

Despite have been mentioned by several posters in the past nearly two years it seems it's not impossible for a quarterback who entered the league as a backup in 2020 to have a positive impact from the get-go. At this point I definitely rather have Huntley than Love.

Members online

Latest posts