What made you a Packers fan?

pedro67

Cheesehead
Reaction score
both of your choices still haven`t won the European cup or for that World club championship as often as my home team has.....lol

Oh and did you know England once won the World cup ?????? just saying....lol
Er who won the European Cup in 1967??

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I grew up in a Chicago Bear, Chicago Cubs home,I was always told these teams were the only teams that mattered, well flipping the script, my favorite color was yellow, and the first time I saw the Packers it was on a black and white TV, when a color TV came in the house I saw the perfect opportunity to tick the family off by cheering for my favorite colors and I have been a pain in the rear since, except for the 86 Bears,Yeah I actually cheered for them that year, and I’m not a full traitor from the Windy City I like the Whitesox, and Bulls and Blackhawks..#go figure..

GB psyco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was born and raised in Milwaukee, green and gold were in my blood. Even after moving to Washington State in 1979, the Packer pride followed. No way I was rooting for the Seahawks, and my greatest accomplishment was converting my wife who was a born and breed Washingtonian over to the Packers. She fell in love with the fans and the history, and when we made it to Lambeau in 2016 and '18 there was no turning back for her.

GB psyco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I grew up in a Chicago Bear, Chicago Cubs home,I was always told these teams were the only teams that mattered, well flipping the script, my favorite color was yellow, and the first time I saw the Packers it was on a black and white TV, when a color TV came in the house I saw the perfect opportunity to tick the family off by cheering for my favorite colors and I have been a pain in the rear since, except for the 86 Bears,Yeah I actually cheered for them that year, and I’m not a full traitor from the Windy City I like the Whitesox, and Bulls and Blackhawks..#go figure.

Are your initials J.A.?

Joe C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What made you a Packers fan? Were you raised in a family that are fans? Is it because of your location? Do you personally know the players?
I became a fan as a 10 year old growing up in the Bronx New York less than a mile away from Fordham University. I remember watching Vince Lombardi, Bart Starr, Jimmy Taylor (my favorite player back then) and Paul Hornung lead the team to the championship game against Philadelphia in 1960. Been a fan ever since.

CanadaCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are welcome to leave any time. If you struggle with this due to some addictive trait, let me know and I'll assist you by barring your re-entry.
Apparently expressing opinions, answering questions, offering alternate points of view,and poking a little satirical humor is frowned upon in this medium... noted

Last edited:

CanadaCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time & place. Not every section of the board is viewed with the same tolerance.
Selective censorship to fit the narrative of only ideas supported by the “chosen few” ( radical political organizations have the same philosophies and certainly cuts across the concepts of Freedom of Speech).....you take yourself too seriously...

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Selective censorship to fit the narrative of only ideas supported by the “chosen few” ( radical political organizations have the same philosophies and certainly cuts across the concepts of Freedom of Speech).....you take yourself too seriously...
This is a private board. Freedom of speech does not apply here. Hence moderators.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
My Favorite paragraph from that article and something all Members should keep in mind:

"So when you find yourself bumping up against the boundaries of behavior in an online community, you might want to consider whether that community is really the right community for you. If so, then you can either adapt your behavior to the code of conduct or you can use persuasive means to try to change the code of conduct. But don’t make cries of “Censorship!” — you gave up that right when you joined."

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Thankyou....it further supports my original post
Read it again

You do have the right of free speech, but the owners of a community also have the right to establish and enforce codes of conduct within the community. In fact, the very same First Amendment jurisprudence that allows free speech allows the community owners not to be forced to “carry” that free speech. Further, by joining that community, your right of contract supersedes your right of free speech.

CanadaCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You missed the point entirely...not surprising
Interaction between people is enriched when dialogue is open. It is stunted when suppressed.
You've shown your stripes.... repress and threaten those who don’t support your narrative or support your position...clearly demonstrated.
The mean fact that you are attempting to pull a “Perry Mason” is humorous.
Of course you have “rights” to run this site however you wish and use it as an instrument to make you feel superior and important..... have at it....you’re missing the opportunity however to expand your perceptions, have a little fun, learn things, and engage and enjoy banter with people of varying viewpoints. Your posts regarding threats , legalese, and warnings are very narrow and actually are contrary to the “rules” you have incorporated into the/your “club“.
What’s even more funny is what apparently triggered your tirade was a statement I made about “what made me a Packer fan” and I in jest said “ what made me not a Packer fan” after last weeks crap show.... amazing lack of insight and tolerance you exhibit....read my post for what it is... lighten up and please understand this forum is just that .... a forum about a little team in a little sport that has little real consequence in the world.
BTW.... I’ve worked inside the legal profession for 30+ years so lectures about rights and laws is kind of moot

CanadaCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My Favorite paragraph from that article and something all Members should keep in mind:

"So when you find yourself bumping up against the boundaries of behavior in an online community, you might want to consider whether that community is really the right community for you. If so, then you can either adapt your behavior to the code of conduct or you can use persuasive means to try to change the code of conduct. But don’t make cries of “Censorship!” — you gave up that right when you joined."
That is a very true statement. People have choices.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You missed the point entirely...not surprising
Interaction between people is enriched when dialogue is open. It is stunted when suppressed.
You've shown your stripes.... repress and threaten those who don’t support your narrative or support your position...clearly demonstrated.
The mean fact that you are attempting to pull a “Perry Mason” is humorous.
Of course you have “rights” to run this site however you wish and use it as an instrument to make you feel superior and important..... have at it....you’re missing the opportunity however to expand your perceptions, have a little fun, learn things, and engage and enjoy banter with people of varying viewpoints. Your posts regarding threats , legalese, and warnings are very narrow and actually are contrary to the “rules” you have incorporated into the/your “club“.
What’s even more funny is what apparently triggered your tirade was a statement I made about “what made me a Packer fan” and I in jest said “ what made me not a Packer fan” after last weeks crap show.... amazing lack of insight and tolerance you exhibit....read my post for what it is... lighten up and please understand this forum is just that .... a forum about a little team in a little sport that has little real consequence in the world.
BTW.... I’ve worked inside the legal profession for 30+ years so lectures about rights and laws is kind of moot

didn’t miss a thing...let’s put it this way..

read the rules again

specially how mods can edit and delete what they want

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers are family
This is a good thread topic that seems to have taken a bad turn, somewhere down the line last spring. As a new member here are my thoughts.

What Makes Me a Packers Fan - Truthfully, I have and still am, to a mild extent a Miami Dolphins fan. However, that goes back to when I was ten years old waaay back in 1972.

The dawn of the Aaron Rodgers era in 2008 started to make the Packers more interesting to me. Favre had left and Rodgers was playing under the long shadows that remained. The way he handled the situation was excellent and consistent leading to the almost unexpected 2011 Superbowl run.

Rodgers has carried the Packers since their championship in that same consistent manner and I as a result of my admiration of this great quarterback I became a Packer fan, in addition to being a Rodgers fan.

Living in eastern Canada 461 miles away from the nearest NFL stadium in New England I had no local favorite, and it was not going to be the Patriots, as I liked the Dolphins.

In each of the past 10 years I have made trips to an NFL game, half the time in Tampa, as it made a nice warm weather trip, but also to New England, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Buffalo and Detroit.
The Detroit game I saw was vs the Packers on December 3, 2015. It was a game in which Green Bay started slowly, and then Aaron Rodgers and the Packers willed things to get moving in the 3rd quarter. Finally, after a penalty call on the last play of that game Rodgers launched a pass unlike I had ever seen thrown in a game. It was in many ways similer to a javelin throw. It was way up in the air, and heaved with all the energy its thrower could muster. Richard Rogers apparently reached up and caught the ball near my goal line seat. There were so many Lions in the way I didn't see the catch from my seat. There was some uncertainty with me as to which team caught the ball, but the ensuing celebration left no doubt the Packers had caught the ball.

This Motown Miracle that I witnessed further pushed my liking of the Packers team. Since then, yes, I seem to appreciate watching Rodgers and the Packers more and more.

In 2021 with all I have seen of the Packers in the Rodgers area, I can unequivocally say I love the Packers. Just finished watching them beat the Rams, and I have big hopes for them to have success in Super Bowl 55 in Tampa.

Go Pack!!

Dbag

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What made you a Packers fan? Were you raised in a family that are fans? Is it because of your location? Do you personally know the players?

i got a really good beer buzz, ate a block of cheddar and froze my *** off in Waukegan 50 years ago and though what the hell, go pack.

Members online

Latest posts