1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What is Favre's 11:30 press conference about?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Robin Yount, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Robin Yount

Robin Yount Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Why would he call one? Does anyone have any inside info.?

Sorry I tried to link Profootballtalk.com but it does not work.

It is also on kstp.com

2. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He talks to the media once every two weeks during training camp. It's nothing more than that I'd imagine.

3. subin

subin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it's just probably a regular press conference, talking about the team, the preseason game, TC, etc.

4. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    just trying to give us something to talk about at packerforum.com thats all.

i wonder what he had for breakfast.

5. pack4life

pack4life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    my roommate sent me a text saying there were rumors on forums that he was going to retire today....i have no good sources or anything, just a text from my roommate but i thought i'd share

6. packedhouse

packedhouse Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    This could be bad news

I hope profootballtalk.com is wrong

POSTED 10:47 a.m. EDT, August 16, 2006
    FAVRE RETIRING TODAY?
    The early indications based on our discussions with league sources are that Favre will announce his retirement from the NFL at a Wednesday press conference.

As we write this one, we're trying hard not to pull one of those "Favre will retire, unless he doesn't" routines. Instead, our goal is merely to share the information that we currently have. This isn't a report that he will retire, and if he does retire we won't claim "as first reported on PFT". Our goal at this point is only to inform.

So here's what we know -- a response from one member of the organization to a direct question regarding whether Favre is calling it quits today did not have the "No way in hell!" or "I'm looking into this right now!" quality that would be expected upon hearing that The Franchise is walking away in the middle of training camp.

Favre went back and forth in the offseason regarding whether to return for another year of football. Though the team was under the impression for most of the offseason that Favre was indeed coming back, Peter King of Sports Illustrated reporting earlier this week that Favre did not make a final decision until he heard former NFL quarterback Phil Simms explain on Sirius NFL Radio that Favre should play as long as he is able to play.
    The abrupt decision, if he does indeed retire, would come after a preseason game in which Favre got the potato sack treatment from the Chargers' front seven, due in large part to a young, inexperienced offensive line that is learning a new blocking scheme.

Taking over for Favre would be 2005 first-rounder Aaron Rodgers. The move also likely would put the Packers in the market for a veteran quarterback. Kerry Collins is the most recognizable name on the shelf.
    Again, we're not saying that Favre is retiring. But the signs are surely pointing in that direction.

7. TomAllen

TomAllen Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sure the people at PFT.com are HOPING this is true.

I mean they've falsely reported it enough times in the past, and if they keep reporting it, i mean, eventually they will be right, eh?

Aren't they the ones who refer to Favre as "Lord Favre"?

8. 52decleetzu

52decleetzu Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    PFT just updated the story saying it is just a standard news conference,and nothing out of the ordinary is going to be announced.They are blaming the misinfo on a newspaper.

9. pack4life

pack4life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    apparently PFT is retracting the story....or at least this is now what my shady roommate tells me

10. Favre_Fan

Favre_Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey already made a press confrence about him not retiring so like subin said he is just commenting on the past events. But why would he call a big press confrence for that? OHHHHHHHH BOY.

11. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well they like to tal BS,,, and by the way if Favre have been born in England he would have allready became Sir Brett Favre.... and who knows if he takes this team to the playoffs he might be named at least Lord Favre of Old Trafford !!!

This guys from PFT like to make noise out of nothing !!!!!

12. Robin Yount

Robin Yount Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank God no retirement, but he doesn't sound too happy about the O-line.

13. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Can you blame him RY, I mean he was getting hit badly in the game. :(

14. Weissman1989

Weissman1989 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont care what he called this PF for, Farves the man. He has the press by their throats, and when he calls for a PF the sports media goes bonkers and I love it.

15. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Much ado about nothing.

16. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    The "Newspaper" must have been the "National Enquirer"!!!

17. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like a "cheesey" paper to me lol !!!