What is Favre's 11:30 press conference about?

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would he call one? Does anyone have any inside info.?

Sorry I tried to link Profootballtalk.com but it does not work.

It is also on kstp.com

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just trying to give us something to talk about at packerforum.com thats all.

i wonder what he had for breakfast.

pack4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my roommate sent me a text saying there were rumors on forums that he was going to retire today....i have no good sources or anything, just a text from my roommate but i thought i'd share

packedhouse

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This could be bad news

I hope profootballtalk.com is wrong

POSTED 10:47 a.m. EDT, August 16, 2006
FAVRE RETIRING TODAY?
The early indications based on our discussions with league sources are that Favre will announce his retirement from the NFL at a Wednesday press conference.

As we write this one, we're trying hard not to pull one of those "Favre will retire, unless he doesn't" routines. Instead, our goal is merely to share the information that we currently have. This isn't a report that he will retire, and if he does retire we won't claim "as first reported on PFT". Our goal at this point is only to inform.

So here's what we know -- a response from one member of the organization to a direct question regarding whether Favre is calling it quits today did not have the "No way in hell!" or "I'm looking into this right now!" quality that would be expected upon hearing that The Franchise is walking away in the middle of training camp.

Favre went back and forth in the offseason regarding whether to return for another year of football. Though the team was under the impression for most of the offseason that Favre was indeed coming back, Peter King of Sports Illustrated reporting earlier this week that Favre did not make a final decision until he heard former NFL quarterback Phil Simms explain on Sirius NFL Radio that Favre should play as long as he is able to play.
The abrupt decision, if he does indeed retire, would come after a preseason game in which Favre got the potato sack treatment from the Chargers' front seven, due in large part to a young, inexperienced offensive line that is learning a new blocking scheme.

Taking over for Favre would be 2005 first-rounder Aaron Rodgers. The move also likely would put the Packers in the market for a veteran quarterback. Kerry Collins is the most recognizable name on the shelf.
Again, we're not saying that Favre is retiring. But the signs are surely pointing in that direction.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure the people at PFT.com are HOPING this is true.

I mean they've falsely reported it enough times in the past, and if they keep reporting it, i mean, eventually they will be right, eh?

Aren't they the ones who refer to Favre as "Lord Favre"?

52decleetzu

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PFT just updated the story saying it is just a standard news conference,and nothing out of the ordinary is going to be announced.They are blaming the misinfo on a newspaper.

Favre_Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey already made a press confrence about him not retiring so like subin said he is just commenting on the past events. But why would he call a big press confrence for that? OHHHHHHHH BOY.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well they like to tal BS,,, and by the way if Favre have been born in England he would have allready became Sir Brett Favre.... and who knows if he takes this team to the playoffs he might be named at least Lord Favre of Old Trafford !!!

This guys from PFT like to make noise out of nothing !!!!!

Weissman1989

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont care what he called this PF for, Farves the man. He has the press by their throats, and when he calls for a PF the sports media goes bonkers and I love it.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
52decleetzu said:
PFT just updated the story saying it is just a standard news conference,and nothing out of the ordinary is going to be announced.They are blaming the misinfo on a newspaper.

The "Newspaper" must have been the "National Enquirer"!!!

Members online

Latest posts