What happened to Green Bay's Return Game?

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think GB can get value whether in free agency or the draft by targeting a player that can take over kick and punt return duties. I am tired of seeing GB fall behind the proverbial 8-ball, because of poor field position. A player that is adequate (at least) on offense or defense and gains chunk yardage in the return game is a valued asset. Names that immediately come to mind in free agency is Marcus Sherels, Tavon Austin, Taylor Gabriel. Thoughts?

D

Deleted member 6794

I think GB can get value whether in free agency or the draft by targeting a player that can take over kick and punt return duties. I am tired of seeing GB fall behind the proverbial 8-ball, because of poor field position. A player that is adequate (at least) on offense or defense and gains chunk yardage in the return game is a valued asset. Names that immediately come to mind in free agency is Marcus Sherels, Tavon Austin, Taylor Gabriel. Thoughts?

The Packers were actually pretty good returning punts (second in the league) and decent on kickoffs (15th). Davis has to make better decisions on when to fair catch a punt though.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
What Captain said... this wasn't the weakness that people perceived it to be.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What Captain said... this wasn't the weakness that people perceived it to be.
it wasn't as bad as it seemed, it's just the big ones stick out and those stupid fair catches when there was nobody within 15 yards and the fair catches inside the 6,5, etc really stand out in people's minds. Overall in the season it wasn't bad, but those made it seem worse than it was that's for sure.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bad decisions or no; I would prefer to see Davis gone. He has not showed me much. Maybe that Penn State receiver? 2nd round?

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly wanted Davis cut before the Browns game. Was much better after that. I'm willing to give him another shot at it.

D

Deleted member 6794

Bad decisions or no; I would prefer to see Davis gone. He has not showed me much. Maybe that Penn State receiver? 2nd round?

There are several players making the roster solely based on their performance on special teams. Therefore Davis should be on the team next season.

Are you talking about Deasean Hamilton??? It would definitely be a huge reach to draft him in the second round. In addition I don't consider him an upgrade on returns as he only had a single punt return during his college career.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mentioned the Penn State receiver out of ignorance...sorry. Would like one of the shorter ones though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts