What do you think Cullen Jenkins thinks now?

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You think the big guy is having regrets about joining the dream team....or does his pay check speak louder than his football dreams?

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Part of it is the money but I'm sure eagles in general didn't think they would be 4-8 think Jackson is big reason for that also think Jenkins new his time was short as he is older so had to go where he could get the more money.He does have a ring so sure is happy.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think much about how he feels, but I definitely wonder how the suits and coaches in GB feel about him not being a Packer anymore.

Reaction score
If we had him I believe we would be undefeated right now.... Oh wait!

But honestly, Matthews would be having another statistically high season if he were to be on the Packers still.

OP
OP
VolvoD

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well thats my point....don't you think he would rather be on the undefeated packers team than the deflated laughing-stock eagles team who officially killed themselves from any playoff hopes last night?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he is happy. He had a decent season as far as his impact. He has to be frusterated that he didnt get a bigger offer in FA, he seemed to be worth a decent 2-3 year offer.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I hope he is happy. He had a decent season as far as his impact. He has to be frusterated that he didnt get a bigger offer in FA, he seemed to be worth a decent 2-3 year offer.

Apparently TT and other scouts and now the Eagles know something we don't. If the Eagles are thinking of cutting him after this season, there must be a reason.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I don't miss him, now Burnett with Buffalo, that's who I do miss.

I was laughing so hard at the dream team last night. Andy Ried has one of the best RB's in the league, and he picks up 84 yards under 20 carries and ******* decides to keep letting a bust quarterback (YES Vince Young IS a bust) throw it in the air knowing he's already been picked off twice. It's like Ried don't care if they win or loss as long as his offensive ratio is 70% pass and 30% run. He's got one of the best RB's in the league but that's not enough to run it.

Also no sense of urgency. The Eagles under Ried have NEVER been a hurry up offense team, it goes back to the Super Bowl when they drove to cut a 10 point lead by a touchdown, Ried didn't use any hurry up offense or anything to save time, he let the clock run in the Super Bowl, showing how much he had truly gave up after the Pats were up by 10, and he showed us yet again last night how much he cares when you're up by 10 in the 4th quarter.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently TT and other scouts and now the Eagles know something we don't. If the Eagles are thinking of cutting him after this season, there must be a reason.

I think they see the same things we do. Age, injury history, but productive.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they see the same things we do. Age, injury history, but productive.
It was suspected that it was a one year deal all along so it isn't surprising they are thinking of cutting him. They have a lot of salary cap space to clear.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if we ever offered him a new deal... before he became a free agent.
Anyone know?

I hope he didn't turn anything down from us.... then it's his fault.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It was suspected that it was a one year deal all along so it isn't surprising they are thinking of cutting him. They have a lot of salary cap space to clear.

They are cutting him? Got a link?

I know that is they do cut him, they only owe 4 mill, that is what I posted before

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything in Philly about Jenkins getting cut. With the way things are going with the Eagles right now, they are talking like everyone's head is on the block. I actually have a lot of respect for Jenkins. I'd come to love him during his stay here and still do. He's a talented, tough player, an asset to any team. He just got thrown into that mess with Eagles, nobody thought the team was going to go down like that, least of all the Eagles themselves. I'm secretly hoping that if he is cut as a result of this mess, that there is a chance he could come back here and maybe finish his career as a Packer. I wasn't happy about him being cut to begin with. I get very attached to my players, they become like an extended family.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
If we had him I believe we would be undefeated right now.... Oh wait!

But honestly, Matthews would be having another statistically high season if he were to be on the Packers still.

I agree. We just don't have the same push on the defensive line that we had last year. Partly it's due to Jenkins but it's also due to the fact that Neal hasn't been healthy all season and we've never really got a feel for how much of a force he can be up front. MM said yesterday that sometime in the next couple weeks Neal will be playing at his full potential.

Matthews isn't have a big year as far as getting the sack numbers, but Matthews is still an impact player. That's why I lol @ people who put a ridiculous amount of stock in sacks. They are a pretty overrated stat. Jason Babin is one of the top sack leaders this season but the guy cannot play the run to save his life.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jenk provided the inside rush...In turn B?J had better #'s so did Clay, and it led to us not giving up so many yards...

Add the fact Nick is gone, that is really our defensive issues

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jenk provided the inside rush...In turn B?J had better #'s so did Clay, and it led to us not giving up so many yards...

Add the fact Nick is gone, that is really our defensive issues
Agree with everything there, except Barnett was not a loss for us at all.
We were better with Bishop & Hawk, by far, than with Barnett & Hawk.

Jenkins was pivotal for us.
I guarantee he, and BJ, Pickett, and Matthews wish Cullen was still with us.
Capers and Trgovic too, for sure. McCarthy as well.

I just think that maybe earlier in the 2010 season, that perhaps the Packers made a preliminary offer to an extension, as they did early to Jordy, Sitton, Rodgers, Jennings, etc. I wonder if Cullen's agent said "tell them no for now, we'll get that number up, and then you can take it, or hit free agency, and make a boatload".

Members online

Latest posts