What do you REALLY think Rodgers would garner in a trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All speculation of course, no concrete news out of Green Bay. Which is why I said "if they are true".

Come on Poker. I thought you were better than that. More like if IT is true. One guy working for clicks doesn't even constitute a rumor to me.

I agree that his trade value is low, maybe not as low as this guy thinks but a day three pick at most, but who is this everyone around the league he speaks of.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Come on Poker. I thought you were better than that. More like if IT is true. One guy working for clicks doesn't even constitute a rumor to me.

I agree that his trade value is low, maybe not as low as this guy thinks but a day three pick at most, but who is this everyone around the league he speaks of.
Maybe the one article fed into others posting it, but I have seen it mentioned in more than just one article. I also don't think the conclusion is that much of a stretch, MLF himself said after the season that Love isn't ready to be a starter and needs work.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since what you are suggesting never happens, that we know of, I would say that it is unlikely to happen in this situation. I also would say that you are suggesting a very slippery slope for Rodgers to put himself on, with his old and new team. What you suggest hints to Rodgers calling all the shots for his new team as well. Do they now need his permission to do what they feel is necessary to improve the team, despite what Rodgers thinks?

Rodgers isn't stupid, he knows he brings a lot of value in a trade, telling his new team and the Packers that he will only "allow/honor" the trade if his new team gets him for peanuts, is out of touch with reality.

What ? That happens all the time

Lets use the broncos...when they got peyton manning did he give them a list of teams he was willing to go to so a bidding war could insue so the colts could get as much as possible?

Really good players often dictate, the team they are willing to be traded to across the sports entertainment industry.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Rodgers is about to come onto the Pat M show live. Currently over 112,000 viewers.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Rodgers just announces......."no news or decisions to announce today."

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
What ? That happens all the time

Lets use the broncos...when they got peyton manning did he give them a list of teams he was willing to go to so a bidding war could insue so the colts could get as much as possible?

Really good players often dictate, the team they are willing to be traded to across the sports entertainment industry.
What are you talking about? The Colts released Manning, he signed as a FA with the Broncos.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What are you talking about? The Colts released Manning, he signed as a FA with the Broncos.

Ok haha thats even worse then because they intially attempted to trade him

Players dictate were they are traded all the time, James Harden has done it twice now at least if not 3 times

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Players dictate were they are traded all the time, James Harden has done it twice now at least if not 3 times
Again, I never said that Rodgers might not influence who he is traded to, but you keep implying that he won't agree to a trade if that team has to give up valuable resources for him. I just disagree with that part of the discussion.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Source?

Colts released Manning right before his $28M option would kick in. They had the #1 pick in the draft and were taking Luck. Not sure how you are twisting this into "Manning dictated who he was traded to", when he wasn't traded.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody was going to trade for an expensive QB with a couple neck surgeries that kept him out of an entire season and had loss of feeling AND weakness in his throwing arm yet over a year later. He was hardly a player you trade for and he was making a lot of money at the time and wasn't someone the Colts could afford to keep either after drafting Luck. I'm actually surprised given his condition he was able to return to the NFL at all. No GM worth a crap was going to trade for that

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You do realize that both the Heat and the Nets were trying to trade for Harden, Miami didn't offer enough, so the Rockets traded Harden to the Nets in a 4 team swap that saw the Rockets get Cleveland guard Dante Exum and Brooklyn forward Rodions Kurucs, as well as three unprotected first-round picks from Brooklyn -- in 2022, 2024 and 2026 -- plus pick swaps in 2021, 2023, 2025 and 2027.

That is hardly Harden dictating what the Nets had to give up for him in a trade.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers isn't stupid, he knows he brings a lot of value in a trade, telling his new team and the Packers that he will only "allow/honor" the trade if his new team gets him for peanuts, is out of touch with reality.

No one said peanuts man...i said he isnt gonna set up a bidding war between 3 teams hes willing to accept a trade to...

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You do realize that both the Heat and the Nets were trying to trade for Harden, Miami didn't offer enough, so the Rockets traded Harden to the Nets in a 4 team swap that saw the Rockets get Cleveland guard Dante Exum and Brooklyn forward Rodions Kurucs, as well as three unprotected first-round picks from Brooklyn -- in 2022, 2024 and 2026 -- plus pick swaps in 2021, 2023, 2025 and 2027.

That is hardly Harden dictating what the Nets had to give up for him in a trade.

I said dictate where they are willing to go in a trade...not how much the compensation is. But obviously a bidding war between 2 or 3 teams is gonna yield a higher value than a single team bidding against themselves

And harden did it to get from Oklahoma city to houston im pretty sure and then he definitely did it to get from houston to the nets

I dont follow basketball but my point was that in sports entertainment high caliber players have and will countinue to dictate what team they are willing to play for

Didnt eli manning do it? Dan marino ? And who knows how many others that were never leaked to the media

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
No one said peanuts man...i said he isnt gonna set up a bidding war between 3 teams hes willing to accept a trade to...
Well if he has a list of 3 teams, that he is willing to be traded to and those 3 teams want to trade for him, how is he going to prevent the Packers from getting more than what you were originally seem to be leaning towards and that was him saying he will only play for Denver and limit how much they will have to give up for him.

You keep going back to "a player can and has dictate what team he is traded to". I agreed with you and have said that ever since a potential Rodgers trade was on the blocks last year. However, your stating that he will somehow dictate what assets the Packers get in a trade for him, is what I am telling you, I doubt happens.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, I never said that Rodgers might not influence who he is traded to, but you keep implying that he won't agree to a trade if that team has to give up valuable resources for him. I just disagree with that part of the discussion.

I question youre reading comprehension on this....

I have repeatedly stated that Rodgers would narrow his acceptable teams to ONE and not set up a bidding war between say 3 teams

I have repeatedly said Rodgers would have no interest in helping the packers get as much in return for him in a trade as possible...as he would like his new team to give up the least assets as possible

I have said Rodgers has the leverage to dictate which team he is traded to because hes on that level but especially because of the way his contract was restructured to get him to return last year

I have heard you say literally nothing that refutes any of those points...

I have not said that Rodgers would dictate exactly what hes willing to let his new team give up for him specifically. Like you have insinuated, im not sure where you read anywhere that i said Rodgers would say im only willing to accept a trade for a 3rd round pick or something like that

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I said dictate where they are willing to go in a trade...not how much the compensation is. But obviously a bidding war between 2 or 3 teams is gonna yield a higher value than a single team bidding against themselves
LOL...come on man. Go back and read what you wrote. You were implying that Rodgers could prevent the Packers from getting what they want in a trade for him.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I question youre reading comprehension on this....

I have repeatedly stated that Rodgers would narrow his acceptable teams to ONE and not set up a bidding war between say 3 teams

I have repeatedly said Rodgers would have no interest in helping the packers get as much in return for him in a trade as possible...as he would like his new team to give up the least assets as possible

I have said Rodgers has the leverage to dictate which team he is traded to because hes on that level but especially because of the way his contract was restructured to get him to return last year

I have heard you say literally nothing that refutes any of those points...

I have not said that Rodgers would dictate exactly what hes willing to let his new team give up for him specifically. Like you have insinuated, im not sure where you read anywhere that i said Rodgers would say im only willing to accept a trade for a 3rd round pick or something like that
and you used Payton Manning and James Harden as examples.

Have you offered proof of this happening? No. Have I offered proof of something that hasn't happened yet, won't? No.

I am giving you my opinion and that opinion is that I think you are wrong, Rodgers will not dictate what assets the Packers get in a trade deal for him.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well if he has a list of 3 teams, that he is willing to be traded to and those 3 teams want to trade for him, how is he going to prevent the Packers from getting more than what you were originally seem to be leaning towards and that was him saying he will only play for Denver and limit how much they will have to give up for him.

You keep going back to "a player can and has dictate what team he is traded to". I agreed with you and have said that ever since a potential Rodgers trade was on the blocks last year. However, your stating that he will somehow dictate what assets the Packers get in a trade for him, is what I am telling you, I doubt happens.

Oh my god...hes not going to give the Packers a list of 3 teams...thats how he prevents that bidding war...thats what ive been saying. Yes if ge gave them a list if 3 teams hed accept a trade to he wouldnt be able to prevent the bidding war that would ensue. But why would he do that? Its not in his best interests, its in the packers best interests. Since he has virtually all the leverage it wouldnt make sense. If he had say 2 or 3 years left on his deal and the packers are refusing to trade him then maybe his agent says ok you can work a deal with any of these 3 teams my client wants out. This is not that situation at all

In this situation...He either says gute ive made my decision and im only willing to be traded to the broncos because i think they give me the best chance to win a SB or he says Gute I wanna work out a contract extension to stay a Packer

And the latter is whats gonna happen

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I dont follow basketball but my point was that in sports entertainment high caliber players have and will countinue to dictate what team they are willing to play for
If you don't follow Basketball, why are you siting the James Harden trade to try and prove your point? The Heat, 76'ers and Nets were all possible trade targets for Harden.

Why do you keep saying the same thing over and over? I never said that Rodgers won't try to dictate what teams he wants to be traded to.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
In this situation...He either says gute ive made my decision and im only willing to be traded to the broncos because i think they give me the best chance to win a SB or he says Gute I wanna work out a contract extension to stay a Packer
and Gute says, "well that is good, since we have had informal talks with the Broncos and they are willing to give us what we want in a trade, so pack your bags."

Seems like you have it in your head that all of this is in Rodgers hands and he is going to be the one saying "ok, I have decided that I am ready to be traded, but only to this team and since I want to win a SB with them, only for this many assets." That isn't how pro sports and trades work. Not Manning and not Harden.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and you used Payton Manning and James Harden as examples.

Have you offered proof of this happening? No. Have I offered proof of something that hasn't happened yet, won't? No.

I am giving you my opinion and that opinion is that I think you are wrong, Rodgers will not dictate what assets the Packers get in a trade deal for him.

Ok my points are facts

Fact: Rodgers would be dumb to give gute a list of 3 teams and say have bidding war get as much as you can in starters and draft capital as you can from the team im going to try to win a SB with

Fact: Rodgers would be smart to give gute a list of one team ge us willibg to be traded to thus eliminating any bidding war and at least minimizing what the packers get in return

You disagree with those facts?

And if you need to change dumb to not in his personal best interests

And change smart to in his best interests

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Ok my points are facts

Fact: Rodgers would be dumb to give gute a list of 3 teams and say have bidding war get as much as you can in starters abd draft capital as you can from the team im going to try to win a SB with

Fact: Rodgers would be smart to give gute a list of one team ge us willibg to be traded to thus eliminating any bidfing war and at least minimizing what the packers
Those are not facts, those are your opinions on 2 fictional scenarios. You assume that Rodgers would only do what you think he should, as well as you are assuming that the Packers would bend a knee and do it. Packers can trade Rodgers to whomever they want. My opinion will be that if it happens, it is to a team that Aaron is willing to play for, at a trade price that the Packers are willing to trade him for.

Nothing has happened yet, you are just having a hard time with the fact....that I disagree...with your opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and Gute says, "well that is good, since we have had informal talks with the Broncos and they are willing to give us what we want in a trade, so pack your bags."

Seems like you have it in your head that all of this is in Rodgers hands and he is going to be the one saying "ok, I have decided that I am ready to be traded, but only to this team and since I want to win a SB with them, only for this many assets." That isn't how pro sports and trades work. Not Manning and not Harden.

Yeah that could be gutes response but he wouldnt be getting the trade package he could if he had the Broncos bidding against Washington and whatever the other team you mentioned intially was...correct?

And i absolutely never said or implied that Rodgers was going to specifically say what he was willing to allow his new team to give up for him....nor did u say that about harden or manning. I said they dictated where they were going...

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those are not facts, those are your opinions on 2 fictional scenarios. You assume that Rodgers would only do what you think he should, as well as you are assuming that the Packers would bend a knee and do it. Packers can trade Rodgers to whomever they want. My opinion will be that if it happens, it is to a team that Aaron is willing to play for, at a trade price that the Packers are willing to trade him for.

Nothing has happened yet, you are just having a hard time with the fact....that I disagree...with your opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ok use logic and explain to me why it would be in Rodgers best interest to give gute a list of 3 teams he was willing to be traded to. So that the packers could maximize the assets they get from Rodgers new team?

I couldnt care less who agrees with my opinions...i think ive at least made that much clear with my comments on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts