What do we know?

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who are we looking at FA wise? Does anyone have any names that we are looking at? Someone mentioned Rolando McClain?

Anyone else?

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have links to us being interested in those names?

I don't want to know what fans want, I want to see evidence of the players that we are after.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have links but I'd love to see all 3 guys mentioned in this thread signed tbh. McClain is a loose cannon but seemed rejuvinated last year and had a good year for Dallas, I'm very intrigued by that. Cameron, if he stayed healthy, could be the answer to Seattle and Graham. (Before I get chastized to death, I'm not saying Cameron is Graham, simply he's a pass catching/stretch the field type of guy we need).

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't have links but I'd love to see all 3 guys mentioned in this thread signed tbh. McClain is a loose cannon but seemed rejuvinated last year and had a good year for Dallas, I'm very intrigued by that. Cameron, if he stayed healthy, could be the answer to Seattle and Graham. (Before I get chastized to death, I'm not saying Cameron is Graham, simply he's a pass catching/stretch the field type of guy we need).

McClain had a great season last year in Dallas but I don´t trust him being totally committed to football to hand out a huge contract to him. Cameron would be a nice addition if we somehow get him to sign an incentive-laden deal.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McClain had a great season last year in Dallas but I don´t trust him being totally committed to football to hand out a huge contract to him. Cameron would be a nice addition if we somehow get him to sign an incentive-laden deal.

You think McClain is in for a huge deal?

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet McClain gets a middle of the pack type deal. Probably around 4-5 million dollars per year with some kind of out-clause in case of trouble mixed in.

Anyway, I'd rather have Mason Foster.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet McClain gets a middle of the pack type deal. Probably around 4-5 million dollars per year with some kind of out-clause in case of trouble mixed in.

Anyway, I'd rather have Mason Foster.

Where do I sign?

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of question marks with both of those guys. The potential is there but the risk is great.

McClain has a very checkered past and he is potentially getting suspended for the first 4 games of the 2015 season for a substance abuse violation. He also had his house burn down this year and arson was suspected....possibly and insurance fraud deal. Sounds like a terrible character guy.

Cameron has looked really good when healthy. He has had a bad history of injuries and concussions especially. You might get 2 games out of this guy, 2 months out of him or the entire season. A chance of scenery from awful cleveland should do him good. I would assume with his medical uncertainty he will try to break the bank wherever he can. Gotta watch out for that sister of his too!!!

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of question marks with both of those guys. The potential is there but the risk is great.

McClain has a very checkered past and he is potentially getting suspended for the first 4 games of the 2015 season for a substance abuse violation. He also had his house burn down this year and arson was suspected....possibly and insurance fraud deal. Sounds like a terrible character guy.

Cameron has looked really good when healthy. He has had a bad history of injuries and concussions especially. You might get 2 games out of this guy, 2 months out of him or the entire season. A chance of scenery from awful cleveland should do him good. I would assume with his medical uncertainty he will try to break the bank wherever he can. Gotta watch out for that sister of his too!!!

All of this is what I thought could keep the contract reasonable.

D

Deleted member 6794

Totally forgot about McClain´s pending suspension. In addition to his previous issues it´s highly unlikely the Packers will even take a look at him.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want Culliver to go unsigned till last few days of FA....be a bargain then at CB and could potentially have a high ceiling. Granted if we sign Williams forget this post :)

D

Deleted member 6794

I want Culliver to go unsigned till last few days of FA....be a bargain then at CB and could potentially have a high ceiling. Granted if we sign Williams forget this post :)

I think Culliver will be off the market within the next few days.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually like Sterling Moore a lot. Extremely steady and reliable CB.

D

Deleted member 6794

I actually like Sterling Moore a lot. Extremely steady and reliable CB.

Moore had a pretty good season for the Cowboys not allowing a single TD receptions on 72 targets in the regular season. Neverthless I don´t think the Packers will bring in him to compete for a starting job as they watched Adams having a career day being covered by Moore in the divisional round of the playoffs.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I only report the news of news LOL :coffee:

We have to expect TT is going to bring at least 1-2 vets in at ILB. Even using our first or second rounder on one, doesn't completely satisfy our needs there.

D

Deleted member 6794

We have to expect TT is going to bring at least 1-2 vets in at ILB. Even using our first or second rounder on one, doesn't completely satisfy our needs there.

There aren´t any great ILBs available in free agency with Brandon Spikes probably being the best. Jerrell Freeman would have been an intriguing option but unfortunately the Colts put the second round tender on him.