What Cost Us The Game? [POLL]

What was the biggest nail in the coffin for the Pack yesterday?

• Red Zone Offense

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • Conservative Coaching

Votes: 47 43.9%
  • Burnett Going Down With the Last INT

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Bostick Onside Kick Miscue

Votes: 14 13.1%
  • Clinton - Dix Watching the 2 Pt Conversion

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 12 11.2%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 6794

The pass to Lynch where he would have scored if he hadn't stepped out, that seemed to be blown by multiple players.

That one was solely on Barrington. On a pick play like that he has to go over the top and not underneath.

Williams actually had fairly good coverage on the TD but in that case the defensive call is questionable I think. One of the questionable coaching decisions, leaving the middle deep open when a TD will beat you.

While it seems like Williams had good coverage on Kearse there´s no way he should have allowed him inside with no safety help over the top. If he redirects Kearse outside the throw is much tougher for Wilson to complete.

Jay Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disagree, you can't blame a loss on one player or one play. Did Bostick screw up? YES! But the game should never have been at that point. We had the ball in the redzone 3 times in the first quarter and came away with 13 pts. This game should have been over at the half 27 -0.

If you want to split hairs, if Jordy catches a ball in the endzone at Buffalo, we would have played this game at Lambeau. No way we would have lost there.

The Nelson one in Buffalo wasn't in the end zone, but he was wide open and would have gone for a TD. A much easier play than the ones being discussed here. The way the game played out, yeah, HFA probably would have been enough of a difference.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disagree, you can't blame a loss on one player or one play. Did Bostick screw up? YES! But the game should never have been at that point. We had the ball in the redzone 3 times in the first quarter and came away with 13 pts. This game should have been over at the half 27 -0.

If you want to split hairs, if Jordy catches a ball in the endzone at Buffalo, we would have played this game at Lambeau. No way we would have lost there.

What will always make Sunday's game, and the season, peculiar is there are so many "if's," "coulda's," "shoulda's," and "woulda's" that can be cited to produce a different scenario. I did, though, say that a football game is the sum total of its parts but that in a game like last weekend it can and in this case does come down to one play that makes or breaks it. And because of the play, the situation and the point in the game and what followed to make the final result the on-side kick fiasco is that play in this game.

It's right up there with "4th & 26," Favre's overtime interception against the Giants, Arizona's face-mask fumble on Aaron Rodgers, Micah Hyde's missing an interception last year against the Niners, Mike Holmgren losing track of the down in allowing Denver to score the game winning td in SB XXXII.

I don't "blame" Bostick for the Packers losing the game. But he was the man on that play at the point in the game who didn't do his assignment and failed to recover the ball. And Seattle pulled ahead and ultimately won the championship in consequence.

Other failures and breakdowns may have preceded and followed it but you probably have a Super Bowl prep period coming up for the Packers if they made that on-side kick play.

lugnut

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as our D dominated, the time of possession ended up about the same (GB 32 minutes, SEA 31 minutes), so our offense didn't really keep them off the field. Like you said, so many opportunities to gain an inch or a yard here or there, and our vaunted offense doesn't convert on ANY of them? I don't care if it's Seattle, an offense like ours should be able to gain a yard on some of those, but we failed every single time.
Yes and that goes back to the coach

lugnut

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The funny thing is if one, just one, of those plays goes the other way we still would have won but for them all to go sideways is unf*ucking believable. I'm still in shock of the pure stupidity.
Yes and the more I see replays, I think of rigging, oh yes hey just look at Armstrong , nobody would believe he was doping, how about Madoff same thing. NFL is BIG business, And now to cover up more... make a smoke screen with the air in balls, which they have known about for years. Seahawks were preset to win ...... big bucks believe it or not

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the bottom line is this; out of the half dozen or so plays that contributed to the defeat in some measure, no one play in and of itself directly lost the game.
On the flip side , had any one of the plays went the Packers way, it's at least very, very likely they win.rticle at Green Bay Press Gazette yesterday cites 16 plays.

Jay Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the bottom line is this; out of the half dozen or so plays that contributed to the defeat in some measure, no one play in and of itself directly lost the game.
On the flip side , had any one of the plays went the Packers way, it's at least very, very likely they win.rticle at Green Bay Press Gazette yesterday cites 16 plays.

This game had a trifecta - missed opportunities on offense (8 good chances, only 22 points - Seahawks scored a TD every time plus a 2 point conversion and fake field goal, I don't think they were in FG range any other time), late defensive breakdown (don't win many games by giving up TDs in three straight possesions no matter what happens) and special teams miscues. I don't recall a playoff game where a team did all three and the game was still close. Maybe the 1971 KC-MIA playoff game, KC had several chances to put it away, but there was no big comeback.

One play they missed was when Rodgers rolled out for the only time and passed to Starks. Starks had a step on the defender but they couldn't connect. They had hit that play earlier in the season, but not this time.

Positives? Crosby made all of his field goals. At least they weren't favored in the game and the game was on the road.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Here's one for the tin foil hat brigade; my daughter from NJ was watching the game with her husband. When everything went kaput during those final four minutes she said; "It's weird. It's almost like someone told them, "Hey, you're not allowed to win this game." Then they backed off.

BOB KAMINSKI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers "RELAXED" & the Seahawks didn't "RELAX" the last five minutes of the game. The Packers lost their consontration of the game. They thought they had the game in the bag. So Rodgers quote of relax came to "BITE the PACK in the BUTT ". You have to have more plays to choose from down in the red zone. You don't run into the line on the one yard, " YOU DIVE OVER THE TOP ", SECOND OR THIRD PLAYER THAT GETS THE BALL ".
Good luck, & study hard, a friend of V. T. L.

Members online

Latest posts