What a shame

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we are a part of Falcons sports history by being the last opposing team to play in the Georgia Dome.
(Shame 1: That we are on the losing side of that.)
And they are now going to tear it down after 25 years?
(Shame 2)
25 years is young for a stadium, isn't it?

I mean, Lambeau Field is as old as the Roman Colosseum.
(I kid. But not by much!)
And our very nice and very wonderful southern neighbors that we all love, Da Bears, play in a place that is as old as the Egyptian Pyramids.

I just don't get it why they are tearing down a stadium that young when older ones, such as ours and Bears, get upgrades made instead of tearing down and rebuilding.
And get this: They actually made upgrades to the Dome like 10 years ago.
Why can't they do it again?
Can anyone explain this madness which is a waste of resources?

mongoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well gotta give them credit for not being on the losing end of being the last game in that stadium. Especially during such a high caliber game. I know i dont want packs to lose if we were in that situation at lambeau.

But i get the gist of ur post. Lol

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's often times cheaper to start clean on a major project. especially if a lot of the inner workings are heading in a different direction with new technology or flow patterns for the fans, etc.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's simple. They want a Super Bowl.

On a side note, not only were we on the losing end of the last game in their stadium, but they were also the first away team to win a playoff game at Lambeau. I'm starting to hate the Falcons...

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Totally different type of "fan" (if you will) that they're catering to. Whereas Lambeau is all football, all the time. Other markets NEED diversions... dancing girls - loosely called Cheerleaders ... "Cuisine" versus "pass the brats" ... Extended pinky fingers versus fingers wrapped securely around a partially frozen beer. Thing is, Atlanta fans will dissipate when the Falcons have a head-on collision with the salary cap. Lambeau will still be 80,000 cheek-to-cheek.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Theyre a bunch of pansies....plastic grass, plastic seats, plastic toilets. In my day, we didn't have sportswear, all we had was grandma's finely knit xmas sweater and WE LIKED IT! WE LOVED IT! If its not Scottish, ITS CRAP!!

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bradley Center in Milwaukee was voted to be replaced in it's 27th year in existence. It'll be year 30 or so before it's fully replaced but yes, 30 years isn't too long for a stadium/arena, and the polticians/voters need to put their foot down when it comes to these new arenas and threats of leaving.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Totally different type of "fan" (if you will) that they're catering to. Whereas Lambeau is all football, all the time. Other markets NEED diversions... dancing girls - loosely called Cheerleaders ... "Cuisine" versus "pass the brats" ... Extended pinky fingers versus fingers wrapped securely around a partially frozen beer. Thing is, Atlanta fans will dissipate when the Falcons have a head-on collision with the salary cap. Lambeau will still be 80,000 cheek-to-cheek.
Could you please clarify how the first part of your post relates to the OP?

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Theyre a bunch of pansies....plastic grass, plastic seats, plastic toilets. In my day, we didn't have sportswear, all we had was grandma's finely knit xmas sweater and WE LIKED IT! WE LOVED IT! If its not Scottish, ITS CRAP!!
Just be glad you didn't get this....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
So we are a part of Falcons sports history by being the last opposing team to play in the Georgia Dome.
(Shame 1: That we are on the losing side of that.)
And they are now going to tear it down after 25 years?
(Shame 2)
25 years is young for a stadium, isn't it?

I mean, Lambeau Field is as old as the Roman Colosseum.
(I kid. But not by much!)
And our very nice and very wonderful southern neighbors that we all love, Da Bears, play in a place that is as old as the Egyptian Pyramids.

I just don't get it why they are tearing down a stadium that young when older ones, such as ours and Bears, get upgrades made instead of tearing down and rebuilding.
And get this: They actually made upgrades to the Dome like 10 years ago.
Why can't they do it again?
Can anyone explain this madness which is a waste of resources?
Some of those Romans are still getting season tickets in their name. Hell in Green Bay it's not unlikely for a season ticket holder to live to be 150 years old. :)

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of those Romans are still getting season tickets in their name. Hell in Green Bay it's not unlikely for a season ticket holder to live to be 150 years old. :)
There are rumors that some leave their season tickets to next of kin in their will.
I wonder if the same is true for those on the waiting list who croak before they get their crack at the tix?

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you mean that the NFL refuses to let the Falcons host a SB in the Georgia Dome?

No, it means the NFL has a propensity to award the Super Bowl to cities that build new stadiums. Recent examples include the new Giants/Jets stadium in NJ and the 49ers stadium in CA. After this season, 3 of the next 4 Super Bowls are being played in new stadiums in Atlanta, Minnesota and Los Angeles.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bradley Center in Milwaukee was voted to be replaced in it's 27th year in existence. It'll be year 30 or so before it's fully replaced but yes, 30 years isn't too long for a stadium/arena, and the polticians/voters need to put their foot down when it comes to these new arenas and threats of leaving.

OT: do people generally care about the Bucks in Wisconsin? Always thought it was 1. Brewers 2. Packers 3. Badgers 4. Drinking. 5. Watching paint dry. 6. Bucks.

Most I speak too don't know what the Bucks are.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OT: do people generally care about the Bucks in Wisconsin? Always thought it was 1. Brewers 2. Packers 3. Badgers 4. Drinking. 5. Watching paint dry. 6. Bucks.

Did you seriously put the Brewers ahead of the Packers on that list??

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could you please clarify why you apparantly do not believe the post in it's entirety doesn't relate...
I'm just trying to understand your point.
Seems like you somehow think that Falcons fans are more spoiled in the sense of entitlement to a privileged football/stadium experience compared to the open cold air Lambeau crowd.
I can get that Packers fans would have a sense of hardy pride compared to those who can watch a game in T-shirts in Decemburr.
If that is correct, I still don't understand how that would justify building a new stadium when the current one had upgrades not all that long ago and is only 25 years young.
It's not like the new one will now have indoor plumbing. Or is that what it means?

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, it means the NFL has a propensity to award the Super Bowl to cities that build new stadiums. Recent examples include the new Giants/Jets stadium in NJ and the 49ers stadium in CA. After this season, 3 of the next 4 Super Bowls are being played in new stadiums in Atlanta, Minnesota and Los Angeles.
Thank you.
Yeah, that makes sense.

D

Deleted member 6794

Not even sure that is true.... remember until Holmgren ... the Pack played half of its home games in Milwaukee.

Former Milwaukee ticket holders still get tickets to two regular season and one preseason home games at Lambeau Field as part of the Gold Package.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No it's 1.) Packers 2.) Badgers 3.) Drinking 4.) Watching Grass grow 5.) Watching snow melt 6.) Brewers 7.) Bucks

Members online

Latest posts