We've been damn lucky to this point, I want a convincing win on Sunday..

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never mind the fact Rodgers has been out and our defense has been pretty sub-par. I think a lot of "bad calls" have gone our way to help elevate us to the playoffs. Don't get me wrong, I think this team has earned its way to where they are at now, but assuming that blocked field goal against Pittsburgh gets called correctly (and it wasn't, don't kid yourself) we probably aren't here right now.

There were also a couple calls, the roughing the passer call on Rodgers that extended our drive against the Bears, that if had I been rooting for the other team I'd have been furious with. And the only reason I scrutinize this stuff is because in these bigger games coming up, refs start to let both teams play more, and I would much rather get this done on our own rather than referee assistance.

Again I'm not saying we're in because of the refs. The Bears had every opportunity to close the game, particularly two plays come to mind; that sensational catch by Quarless that the Bears defender should have picked off... still amazed that ball got through his hands. And of course the blown coverage for that go-ahead TD. Bears lost the game, Packers won.. I'm thrilled.

This game against the 49'ers will be much of the same as we just watched, and I think the balance of having a run game will finally make us look more competitive against this tough defensive squad--no more being embarrassed. That being said I really hope not to see any bogus calls on either side of the ball, I want the best team to say they won at the end of the game.

D

Deleted member 6794

Never mind the fact Rodgers has been out and our defense has been pretty sub-par. I think a lot of "bad calls" have gone our way to help elevate us to the playoffs. Don't get me wrong, I think this team has earned its way to where they are at now, but assuming that blocked field goal against Pittsburgh gets called correctly (and it wasn't, don't kid yourself) we probably aren't here right now.

We lost the game vs. the Steelers, so how did that call have an influence on the Packers winning the division???

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this post makes no sense at all. A convincing win is a WIN. You either win or lose...you dont need style points or a shut out. Winning is the only thing, it doesnt matter how you get there.

Packermaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would prefer to call it determination not luck lol. The team pulled through when they had too. We survived long enough to get Rodgers and Cobb back.

I see it 2 ways.

1. With Rodgers we win 11-12 games and we wouldn;t have had to deal with that situation anyway. We're 6-2 with Rodgers playing this season.

2. All Detroit and the Bears had to do was go 3-4 in their last 7 games to secure the playoff spot. They were unable to do it or once again we wouldn't be having this conversation right now either.

As far as refs, I thought it was a well officiated game. There were some bad calls, but we also had a couple that didn;t go our way. To any Bear fans that complain I'd just like to point out 1 thing. Scoreboard.

I would love to blow the 49er's out big time. A dominating win where everything is clicking. Also, I agree big time on the offensive balance. We have Lacy and Starks that are both capable of doing some good things. Rodgers looked great after a couple of early game interceptions. He just had to knock the rust off but he did what he always does and that's win big games! Rodgers is also capable of running the ball when needed, he passed it up a couple of times last night but if his injury is good to go and he feels confident I feel sorry for any team playing us. When he combines his passing abilities with his ability to get out of the pocket and pick up 6-12 yards with his legs he's tough to stop.

I hope the final score results in us winning in a blowout. However, I'll take any result that ends in a Win for us!

Go Packers!

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can agree to an extent, but I don't see how the blocked field goal changes our playoff position.

I did not agree with the personal foul roughing the passer on Rodgers early in the game. Bad call IMHO. However, I think Quarless caught the pass he juggled into the air, and had they ruled it a catch as they initially did, there wouldn't have been enough evidence to overturn it. So it evens out in the end.

No, we might not have won convincingly in a while, but we have won. That's what I'm happiest about. I'm hoping this game was a nice tune up for Rodgers and he will be ready to rock the niners on Sunday.

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any win is a good thing. In the big scheme of things 80-0 is the same as 34-33 going forward.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

I would like to be an invisible observer at this weeks practices. Will they assign a man to mirror the SF QB ? What will the game plan be ?

OP
OP
Brandon

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I spaced out that we lost to the Steelers, so nevermind that. Though that call was still blown. At any rate I hate hearing from other fans how the Packers are the NFL's golden child and think Rodgers is better for media coverage than other QB's. I refuse to believe that 1 or 2 bad calls ultimately decide who advances, but there have been some questionable and down-right incorrect decisions that have helped us.

Though I still think the Patriots take the cake in favorable calls.

OP
OP
Brandon

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL at GB receiving lots of calls. You a Bears fan?
Baltimore gets the most calls in the league.
The Packers have had 1 penalty called against them in 2 meeting with the Bears. Interesting stat, isn't it? Not a Bears fan by any stretch, just feeling like some extended plays thanks to a yellow handkerchief may be part of why we're still here.

Penalties are part of the game and I get that, but can we win convincingly in an even-keeled game against the 49'ers? I hope so, and we'll wait and see.

Packermaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have had 1 penalty called against them in 2 meeting with the Bears. Interesting stat, isn't it? Not a Bears fan by any stretch, just feeling like some extended plays thanks to a yellow handkerchief may be part of why we're still here.

Penalties are part of the game and I get that, but can we win convincingly in an even-keeled game against the 49'ers? I hope so, and we'll wait and see.

Lol Bears just need to clean up their game a little bit. They're not as disciplined as we are :).

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Kinda makes up a bit for, what was it, 19 accepted penalties in one game a year or two back?
I didn't see a flag on Cobb's last TD when Nelson got leveled as Cobb raced past the defense.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lucky team wouldn't have had their superstar QB out almost half the year. No calls or bad plays by the other teams make up for that.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts