Were the Lions screwed at the end of last nights game?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Vp of officiating says it was a judgement call and bk judge didnt think it was on purpose.

He also has said it goes back to original spot of fumble then half distance to goal line..so spotted at 1 yard line

1st down at 1....more than likely lions get fg and tie to go to overtime..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...o-kj-wright-committed-foul-for-an-illegal-bat
Blandino was asked directly if a penalty should have been called.

"Yeah, looking at the replay, it looks like a bat. It looks like he takes his right hand and bats it intentionally," Blandino said. "It's a foul. We have to make that call."

The Seahawks, who salted the game away 13-10, were awarded possession on a touchback after the fumble. But the penalty should have been called, which would have given the Lionsthe ball around the one-yard line, the original spot of the fumble.

Last edited:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Know idea how that official could think he didn't bat it.

Either way though, Calvin Johnson needs to hang onto a ball. Fumbling late after finally having a good drive is something the Lions would do.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://gnb.247sports.com/Bolt/Decis...ahawks-Lions-game-incorrectly-called-40014442

Interesting. Apparently KJ Wright batting the ball out of the back of the endzone was illegal and the Lions should have gotten the ball back?

I imagine they feel that way. Apparently, the referee did not know the rule.

It happened in the same endzone as the infamous "Fail Mary" (or "Inaccurate Reception", if you prefer), and once again the same team benefited from an official's gaffe. I promise to be every bit as outraged this time as I imagine Lion's fans were last time.

For those who believe in karma, some of it will eventually come Seattle's way.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts