well....?

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anybody have an update on this Free agent we might pick up? Who it could possibly be? I have no clue why nothing has happend yet.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard they were trying to get John Hadl............or maybe talk Cletidus Hunt into coming back to steal some more money from the team. :rotflmao:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerfan1245 said:
I have no clue why nothing has happend yet.

Cuz that rumor was bogus?
Thats very possible.
Or things could be happening behind closed doors that none of us have access too.
I'm not concerned either way...........if something good happens, great. If not, we go into the season looking pretty good in my view.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I'd be surprised if anyone could be naive enough to believe that TT would ever bring a big name FA on the offensive side of the line of scrimmage.

Sherman was offense, he built offenses. TT was defense, he builds defenses. Leopards don't change their spots.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I'd be surprised if anyone could be naive enough to believe that TT would ever bring a big name FA on the offensive side of the line of scrimmage.

Sherman was offense, he built offenses. TT was defense, he builds defenses. Leopards don't change their spots.

Guess I'm naive. I think he would, if someone worth it was available.
I just don't know if anyone is worth going after.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, we'll probably never sign another offensive player as long as TT's at the healm. Boy do i hate him! pbffffffffff!

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
None of the names I've heard thrown around on Sirius NFL radio (to fill this supposed rumor) interest me in the slightest anyway.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I do not see what all the hubbub is about regarding an offensive free agent.

Our OL is set.

The RB position is filled...and I LIKE the players we have to work with. I believe Jackson will be special barring injury, and Morency has performed well when given the chance. Watch for Wynn to be our hammer.

TE is a spot that is intriguing. Look for Zac Alcorn to push. Decent blend of talent among those we have. I do not realy kow that there are any "playmaker" type TEs around that are not under contract.

WR is a position that I think will flourish this year. DD is still in his prime, and probably has 2 - 3 more really good year left in his well preserved body. Jennings will raise the bar on last years exemplary start. The third spot will have some young guns fighting it out..Ruvell Martin, while not spectacular, is consistent and had Favre's trust, James Jones strikes me as a guy who will play early and well, and Carlyle Holiday has als performed well and gained Favre's trust. Add the speedster Cowny and the return of K Rob......we will do fine.

We do need to draft a potential #1 WR to have in place for the eventual decline or departure of DD in a couple years, however.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll throw this out there. Please take it for what it is. I have a friend in Green Bay, a season ticket holder, and claims to have some connections. He didn't say anything specifically - but, said that there still is alot of LJ talk going around the circles.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Well LJ is all together very logic to me, if that is the Chiefs would be shopping him. Front load the contract to insure yourself a little with the possible wear and tear of the heavy use he has had for a season or two. We have the cap room to do it. Additionally that would give Jackson a couple of years to develop and prove he can stay healthy. Then you have a chip in LJ or Jackson to trade two or three years down the road.

But the biggest reason in my opinion is that it would give the Packers another media star to keep the Packers in the marque games if this is indeed Brett's final go round. LJ is a close to house hold name and TV exposure leads to merchandising money to keep the faucet flowing in GB.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Well LJ is all together very logic to me, if that is the Chiefs would be shopping him. Front load the contract to insure yourself a little with the possible wear and tear of the heavy use he has had for a season or two. We have the cap room to do it. Additionally that would give Jackson a couple of years to develop and prove he can stay healthy. Then you have a chip in LJ or Jackson to trade two or three years down the road.

But the biggest reason in my opinion is that it would give the Packers another media star to keep the Packers in the marque games if this is indeed Brett's final go round. LJ is a close to house hold name and TV exposure leads to merchandising money to keep the faucet flowing in GB.

While I don't believe it will happen, I have wanted LJ from the beginning. Why should we have a mediocre passing AND running game? Neither will be bad, but neither will be great either. Having a good running game, letting rookies mature, etc. would do wonders for the passing game. It would also solidify our running game for a couple of years and allow us to pick up a #1 receiver in next years draft. Also, LJ wouldn't be asked to carry more then 80% of the load thanks to Morency / Jackson, further insuring his health. Just a thought . .

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I have seen and heard, the kid is a headcase. Why risk good chemistry with this tempermental, self described "always mad at something/someone" time bomb.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
From what I have seen and heard, the kid is a headcase. Why risk good chemistry with this tempermental, self described "always mad at something/someone" time bomb.

Good point, but i'm not sure about all that. I just know what I saw of him on the field . . . which was nothing but good, hard-nose football. I'm sure any executive within' the pack considering him would know more about his temperment.

OP
OP
P

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score

'

SOOO there is still talk of LJ. Interesting.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vike4life said:
vikesrule said:
cheesey said:
... we go into the season looking pretty good in my view.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I think my purple brother was not listening to his mother when she told him never to take things out of the trash. :rotflmao:

What? You never heard of green/yellow glasses? :rotflmao:
He has used the "yellow" one plenty..............it goes with the "purple" one thats just off camera. :thumbsup: :rotflmao:

Members online

Latest posts