Week 9 @ LA Chargers - Beware The Trap Game

Reaction score
How many weeks can Rodgers get up off the tuff after all these sacks?

There goes 3 1/2 wasted hours of my life I'll never get back.

Greg Burzynski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:mad: the key to beating the packers in man to man coverage. So the staff and players better take a longggg look in the mirror,, and WAKE UP

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Do we suck?

(Serious question)
Some will say so. The posters that only show up after losses will be out in force this week. They'll be hammering home that statement.

No we do not suck. Any given Sunday. Maybe now they'll stop reading the press clippings.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know 2 that will come out now to blast the team

I'm already getting on my helmet and shield to defend LaFleur and Pettine.

Game today had some flashbacks to 2014 in Buffalo. A lot of crazy people here blamed all of that on MM when it really wasn't his fault at all. Offense came out sluggish and just simply didn't execute. Same thing today.

Now I'll say maybe LaFleur could have tried but to work Aaron Jones into the passing game a little more

BUT ... Yes gotta emphasize the BUT for the slow people.

Your offensive game plan is only as good as how it's executed, and up until now there's just been bad execution all around today. Offense was fine 12-16 games in 2014 and so far this season it's been good most of our games, just not today.

I felt bad for Pettine, guys were getting pressure on Rivers and doing all they could to keep us in it. But when you're constantly put on the field, and have a porous special teams unit allowing blocked punts and giving them short fields, you're going to get scored on.

Our execution has been at a high level the last several weeks, but two road games and coming off a high at Arrowhead, it's going to be tough to maintain it.

Gotta put this behind us and beat up the tabby cats next week.

Greg Burzynski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have faith that we will bounce back. But no matter I will still follow and cheer for the team, I will not abandon them.
I was hoping to get another game up on the vikes,, but oh well,, thats how the cookie crumbles.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have faith that we will bounce back. But no matter I will still follow and cheer for the team, I will not abandon them.
I was hoping to get another game up on the vikes,, but oh well,, thats how the cookie crumbles.

Vikings and Lions both lose

And the Bears season is over. Well at least I say so, they're not making the playoffs at 3-5.

It was just one of those games. OL was bad early, we couldn't quite get Aaron Jones going, WRs dropped balls, special teams allowed a blocked punt and was offside on a FG, it was just that kind of day.

Gotta get a W before the bye and head into it is with a positive

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only 2 games I was really confident were Eagles and Chargers. So much for my confidence.

Only silver lining is that rest of North lost as well.

FML..

Greg Burzynski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have faith in the team. The last couple of plays by #30 shows that players have not quit,, no matter the circumstances. It is not how you falter, it is how you recover and stand back up.

morango

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was on the road and did not get to watch any of the game. Listened to half of the third quarter and then switched to a podcast when it became obvious the packers were toast.

What I find fascinating is that the offense could lay such a dud on the very first game their star receiver came back from injury. Were they more creative and deceptive with their schemes and looks when D. Adams wasnt available?

Those of you who watched, please school me. I get that the packers played bad, and the Chargers apparently wanted it more, but some deeper insight would be appreciated.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was on the road and did not get to watch any of the game. Listened to half of the third quarter and then switched to a podcast when it became obvious the packers were toast.

What I find fascinating is that the offense could lay such a dud on the very first game their star receiver came back from injury. Were they more creative and deceptive with their schemes and looks when D. Adams wasnt available?

Those of you who watched, please school me. I get that the packers played bad, and the Chargers apparently wanted it more, but some deeper insight would be appreciated.
First of all, be damn glad that you didn't watch it. Don't know for sure how many plays the offense ran the first half but it seemed like it was under fifteen. I stayed with the game for the first series in the second half. After that 3 and out, I quit watching. It's easy to tell when no one except a couple guys is interested. Absolutely no redeeming value with that performance.

Reaction score

We started with several drive killing O false starts. I think 6 of them? They came out beating both OT with 2 great Edge rushers. Their D gives up 18.7 pts/GM if that tells you anything. They played very fast and we played lethargic like we were sleeping.
then on D we gave up the usual chunks and some big plays but held them to 12 points on the 4 FGs, which was incredible because it felt like 24-0. But we had 50 yards of Offense for the 1st 2 Quarters! Yes 50 yards! It was actually 35 yards up until our last first half drive l.

Then they scored a TD second half and just completely ate the clock. 1 drive took up over 7 minutes in the 3rd quarter. They played the clock really well and kept us in the sideline. When our O finally got some rhythm it was halfway into the 4th quarter. Our back was against the clock but we scored a TD and 2pt. To get to 11. They just chewed the clock and our Run D was the typical horrible, putting 5 on the LOS with 1 lone Martinez in the middle.

Add to that our ST allowed a short field on a blocked punt (our own 30?) led to 7 points.
Sloppy self inflicted penalties plus a few Rodgers sacks that led to several punts first half, plus a costly turnover 2nd half.
They just gobbled the clock against our porous Run D
36 minutes to our 24 minutes of mostly slop

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It was pretty bad. Someone was coming free rushing putting on pressure. Oline wasn’t great. And penalties. Couldn’t get any rhythm

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do we suck?

(Serious question)

Ask the Patriots that question.

Man those arrogant ****** getting to 8-0 playing garbage opponents. Dumpster fire AFC East and playing the garbage Redskins, Giants and Browns on top of that.

They had to play a real team tonight and they got their butts kicked. This is why they won't win a Superbowl this year and will be one and done in the playoffs.

Reaction score
I think this was a "healthy" wake-up lose for the Packers, just like it was for Patriots.

Coaches will take from here and create a game plan going into the play-offs.

Now, we'll we see what our new coach is made of.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be fair, I'd say just about every top team struggled this week

Vikes couldn't beat the Chiefs even without Mahomes - Kirk Cousins critics get proven right yet again, but that's another topic

Colts lose in Pittsburgh, although it appeared Brissett didn't finish

Patriots get embarrassed in Baltimore - I just kept laughing at this cuz their phony defense kept getting praised for beating nobody, but yeah I'll let the results speak for themselves there

But even the good teams that won

San Francisco probably loses that game without Cliff Kingsbury ******** up that timeout and silly challenge

Seattle almost lost at home and had to go to OT to beat a bad Tampa Bay team

Only great, or half great teams that won convincing this week were Buffalo beating the awful Redskins, and Houston dominating Jacksonville across the pond.

Course the Saints were on bye so they may have lucked out but ... Still yup that's the way things go sometimes

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts