Week 9 @ LA Chargers - Beware The Trap Game

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the Packers are 7-1 alright but it's a very flawed 7-1. if it's not the O struggling it's the D. the oak game was probably their most complete game and it took some raider bad luck to get it started.
i don't think they have the luxury of taking an opponent lightly. they're not healthy. they're still missing adams. it's going to be hot (by GB standards) 80ish. rivers can slice and dice, and gordon can gash, a defense. they aren't to be trifled with. oh...and they're due a good game. it's going to take 30+ points to beat them. it'll be like a home game for the Packers though with the vast majority of fans wearing green and gold. lol

Its a good thing most of the players on our team are from a warm climate so 80s won't be a big deal. Now if it in the 90s that's an entirely different matter.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because they are not a good football team if you take them lightly they can burn you big time. The ONLY reason they beat Chicago is because the Bears are a mess. The Bolts screwed up a lot in that game but the bares didn't take advantage of them. We have to go in there and not give them any life whatsoever.

That's a given. Get complacent and we lose.

The only worrisome facet to the game is our D's weakness against throwing QBs which Rivers is and as long as we keep focus, we should get a win.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was just browsing Raiders forum. They seem to be the only fans in NFL who wish they could play all games away. Just plain weird! :roflmao:

Reaction score
Still having issues with our O AND D playing a solid game.Need a Defensive win this week for once.

If he’s close to ready.. I’d consider playing Adams for a half and seeing where he’s at now. Time to start get ting veteran Ryan Grant involved, he should be getting more comfortable with the playbook.

Last edited:

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we all wanted him to be good. Just not ready yet.

I thought he might be a decent slot receiver, but the coaches see him every day and know more than I. He sure isn't a punt returner. I suspect we will see Sternberger and Campbell activated this week and likely cut the receiver they signed recently to make room. Campbell could be a big help for the defense.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get the impression that ML and the veterans are not going to let the players get a complacent attitude.

I would just really like to see a 'killer' attitude from the whole team.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Packers better come to play against the run.

LA has been absolutely pitiful running the ball lately. They just fired Whisenhunt, and you can be sure that Lynn did so because they lack a running game.

They will certainly attempt an overcorrection. That doesn't necessarily mean that it will work, but there's going to be a lot of attempts.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think fans need to ready themselves for a lot of frustration in the first half again. It seems Pettine usually plays pretty straight up early on, gets a feel for what they do and then clamps it down later.

I think with a new OC, things will look different in how they're called for the Chargers and Pettine will take his usual strategy of playing them pretty basic early, reading the offense and not giving up big stuff. Of course if the guys tackle a bit better than they did to start the KC game, we should be just fine and it will result in a bit less frustration from some fans. maybe.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I think fans need to ready themselves for a lot of frustration in the first half again. It seems Pettine usually plays pretty straight up early on, gets a feel for what they do and then clamps it down later.

I think with a new OC, things will look different in how they're called for the Chargers and Pettine will take his usual strategy of playing them pretty basic early, reading the offense and not giving up big stuff. Of course if the guys tackle a bit better than they did to start the KC game, we should be just fine and it will result in a bit less frustration from some fans. maybe.

It will help that LAC doesn't have half of the team speed that KC does. And that it will essentially be a home crowd for the Packers.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Secondary market ticket broker Vivid Seats predicted that 70 percent of Dignity Health Sports Park's 30,000 seats will be filled by Packers fans for the 3:25 p.m. Nov. 3 game.

A hot ticket though! $372 is the average cost of ticket brokers' lowest-priced tickets.

Glad to read that there are some wealthy Packer fans living out West.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live out here in the Wild West. $372 is about a tank and a half of gas, 3 days of mortgage cost, sales tax on an iPhone or a good night at a decent steakhouse with the family. But for the dinner you would still need to add the tip. :roflmao:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw several Packer charger games over the years. The last one appeared more Packer fans than Charger fans. Mostly because we ad large cheese wedges on our heads. But I think it was 20+% packer fans.

Packers 36 Charger 18. We should have this one in hand most of the game.

We are over due for a defensive score.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watched the Chargers get beat (except for final score) by a pathetic Bears team last week...No Chance the Packers don't destroy the Chargers.

Bears were physical with K. Allen and he was a non-factor. River's arm is beyond weak so if defense can cover for 2 seconds the Smiths and others will overwhelm him. Need to contain Henry who is River's go to check down receiver.

Looking forward to Boyle playing last 6-8 minutes of the game.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers better come to play against the run.

LA has been absolutely pitiful running the ball lately. They just fired Whisenhunt, and you can be sure that Lynn did so because they lack a running game.

They will certainly attempt an overcorrection. That doesn't necessarily mean that it will work, but there's going to be a lot of attempts.
Their OL kept River's off of his back but they can't open a whole for RB's. Let them try running...a lot of 3 & outs.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the first time since 2014 all members of the 53 practiced in pads....we remember what happened in 2014.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree. On Pettine, I can't help but think how vanilla he is going from a scheme standpoint. I feel the guy is saving up A LOT for our playoff run, which I can appreciate. The whole point is to win games, regardless of how they are won, then put in your best stuff, and your best players to contend for the Lombardi Trophy. If that is what he is doing, I can't argue that. Our blitz rate is roughly 1/4 of what we did last season. He has the talent now to pull that off playing straight up. My only concern is overusing some players prior to the playoffs. The Smith Bros. & Kenny Clark come to mind. One player that has FAR exceeded my expectations on D is Kyler Fackrell. That dude just flies around making plays all over. He's been a great contributor this year. Good to see him progress, and I was very skeptical of him earlier. Fackrell has been big for us this season thus far.

Members online