Week 9 @ LA Chargers - Beware The Trap Game

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw several Packer charger games over the years. The last one appeared more Packer fans than Charger fans. Mostly because we ad large cheese wedges on our heads. But I think it was 20+% packer fans.

Packers 36 Charger 18. We should have this one in hand most of the game.

We are over due for a defensive score.
Read tickets were going for a low price from resellers at over $370... and that they expected roughly 70% of the fans based on sales in that 30,000 seat stadium to be Packers fans.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What worries me is they fired Whisenhunt who was forcing the ball to Gordon, after Ekeler had been killing it in Gordon’s holdout. Ek can run and catch and I worry they will go back to using him more than they have since Gordon returned.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This injury report heading into week 9 is just spectacular! Can't remember a season.....never mind, don't want to jinx it! :whistling:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The Chargers are off to a slow start, but, this team is a playoff team from last year with a ton of talent.

How is this a "trap" game? A game against a good team can't be a trap game...particularly one with a probable HOF QB1.

I could very easily see the Chargers knocking the Packers off this week -and- I wouldn't call it an upset if they did.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Chargers are off to a slow start, but, this team is a playoff team from last year with a ton of talent.

How is this a "trap" game? A game against a good team can't be a trap game...particularly one with a probable HOF QB1.

I could very easily see the Chargers knocking the Packers off this week -and- I wouldn't call it an upset if they did.
HOF QB? Not sure about that. Very good QB, yes. Not great and not HOF, IMHO.

But I agree, this isn't a trap game. LAC have struggled a bit and I think that is due to their RB situation. He is back but still not in FB shape.

Last edited:

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see this game as a trap either. The Chargers are talented and last time Rivers faced the Packers he threw for nearly 500 yards. Last week, the Packers were up and down but didn't seem to show an unusual amount of effort that woul result in coming out flat this week.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This has been a somewhat understated thing with this years offense, but the Packers are actually finding a way to close out games, by running the ball. Against the Chiefs, they ran the ball 7 straight times to end the game, starting at their own 2. Love the analysis here by The Rock, who says the Packer OL can't run block? :)

H

HardRightEdge

For the first time since 2014 all members of the 53 practiced in pads....we remember what happened in 2014.
Beyond that, the only guys on IR who would be getting snaps are Greene and St. Brown.

Factoring in IR players, who tend to be forgotten by mid-season, assuming Adams gets at least partial play this week, this may be the healthiest team right now which is no small thing.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the next three games against teams with great receiving threats at TE, who is going to defend them?

Henry, Olsen, and Kittle back to back to back is no small task.

H

HardRightEdge

...who says the Packer OL can't run block? :)
They didn't and then they did. The outside zone is looking better; it was mess in the early games. Let's see how they do against a run defense that's better than that pretty bad KC unit.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This has been a somewhat understated thing with this years offense, but the Packers are actually finding a way to close out games, by running the ball. Against the Chiefs, they ran the ball 7 straight times to end the game, starting at their own 2. Love the analysis here by The Rock, who says the Packer OL can't run block? :)

Crazy thing is even as good as I always thought Aaron Jones was, I don't think even I realized just how huge an asset he is. It's been a while since we've had a RB who truly has the dual threat run and receiving capability that he does, and he's only getting better by the week. Might say he's an even bigger weapon for the offense now than Davante, and ... Well I don't know but the previous thread here comparing him to Ahman Green may actually be more correct than I thought.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ugh you gotta be kidding me!

Mahomes out again today against Minny?

Damn it, Rodgers was supposed to pass off some of the healing juju to him during the State Farm commercial

D

Deleted member 6794

save him for after the bye and the sf game.

The Packers should play Adams if he's healthy enough to line up.

I agree. On Pettine, I can't help but think how vanilla he is going from a scheme standpoint. I feel the guy is saving up A LOT for our playoff run, which I can appreciate. The whole point is to win games, regardless of how they are won, then put in your best stuff, and your best players to contend for the Lombardi Trophy. If that is what he is doing, I can't argue that. Our blitz rate is roughly 1/4 of what we did last season. He has the talent now to pull that off playing straight up. My only concern is overusing some players prior to the playoffs. The Smith Bros. & Kenny Clark come to mind. One player that has FAR exceeded my expectations on D is Kyler Fackrell. That dude just flies around making plays all over. He's been a great contributor this year. Good to see him progress, and I was very skeptical of him earlier. Fackrell has been big for us this season thus far.

I highly doubt Pettine is playing vanilla schemes to save some packages for the playoffs. NFL teams are way too good for that to work in real games.

Rivers isn't a HOF QB.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
[QUOTE="captainWIMM, post: 850632, member: 6794

Rivers isn't a HOF QB.[/QUOTE]

So you say. Unless you have a functional crystal ball ... We'll see.

D

Deleted member 6794

Davante Adams is active for today's game.

Packers inactives:

Ryan Grant
Ka'dar Hollman
Josh Jackson
Tim Williams
Cole Madison
Adam Pankey
Robert Tonyan

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Minny loses whew

At least now we can't get flamed for beating KC with Matt Moore because the Vikings played against that same team and LOST

Bears lose too and Lions will have a challenge in Oakland

So ... Would be good to pad a two game lead on Minny, but all will not be lost if we don't

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope the Raiders keep their end of the bargain too

I know what the usual stupid idiots will do, stick all the blame on Rodgers and LaFleur if we lose. They'd be dead wrong though

This offensive line has executed one of the worst games that I've seen in a while. False starts, holds, miss blocks .... Nobody not even Rodgers and Jones are going to be able to do their thing with that kind of garbage going on

Greg Burzynski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The opening drive of the 2nd half will be SUPER critical. Did I say critical???

I used to live and die with wins and losses,, I am trying to remain positive

GO PACK GO

Members online

Latest posts