Week 8: VS Minny Game 2

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So barring an injury to a WR before Lazard is activated, who gets sent down to the PS when he is put back on the 53?

My immediate thought was Shepherd. But he appears to be our back-up return guy and with Ervins's health, we might need him. Also, I think the Packers have used up Shepherd's 2 "free" call ups from the PS, I could be wrong. Not that another team is probably going to pick him up if he is first cut, so he probably would clears waivers.

The next logical choice is EQ or Taylor. Taylor has 3 career receptions, 2 of which (including a TD) came against the Texans. Not sure what he adds to special teams. One would think that EQ has more potential, but he hasn't done anything either.

So while it might be a difficult decision, I don't think they lose any significant talent by sending any of those 3 guys down.

I'd place my money on Malik slides down

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Aaron Jones isn’t playing again.

Hoping to see Dillon have a better game

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt either suits up on Sunday, but both Kirksey and Lazard returned to practice today.

Would be nice to have them ready for the 49'er game a week from tomorrow.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/...-kirksey-will-return-to-practice-on-wednesday

Yeah, that's the thing, the NFL schedulers screwed us over sending us off to Santa Clara on a short week. One more full week and they'd have probably been ready. Guessing we don't see Laz on the field till the Jags come to town.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So barring an injury to a WR before Lazard is activated, who gets sent down to the PS when he is put back on the 53?

My immediate thought was Shepherd. But he appears to be our back-up return guy and with Ervins's health, we might need him. Also, I think the Packers have used up Shepherd's 2 "free" call ups from the PS, I could be wrong. Not that another team is probably going to pick him up if he is first cut, so he probably would clears waivers.

The next logical choice is EQ or Taylor. Taylor has 3 career receptions, 2 of which (including a TD) came against the Texans. Not sure what he adds to special teams. One would think that EQ has more potential, but he hasn't done anything either.

So while it might be a difficult decision, I don't think they lose any significant talent by sending any of those 3 guys down.

I'd send ESB. I just feel he's on his way out. Taylor probably won't be a long-term wr here either, but at least so far when he's been thrown to, good things seem to happen.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd send ESB. I just feel he's on his way out. Taylor probably won't be a long-term wr here either, but at least so far when he's been thrown to, good things seem to happen.

I think today LaFleur said EQ would be a lot more involved in the offense in the upcoming weeks than he had been. I would imagine Dexter Williams is on the short list of people they can drop down.

I’m with you though, I like Taylor. I wish they would use him on the jet sweeps and screens more. He’s got some size and some juice. Moves very fluidly.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yeah, that's the thing, the NFL schedulers screwed us over sending us off to Santa Clara on a short week.

As much as I would like to agree with that, I don't think it really matters if you are playing in Detroit or San Francisco, it's the short week, Thursday Night aspect plus traveling away from home that I dislike. Whether your plane ride is 1 or 4 hrs. I doubt these guys really notice that part of it.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings have some covid issue. Lb Todd Davis has tested positive. Dantzler their rookie cb also is on the covid reserve list

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Vikings have some covid issue. Lb Todd Davis has tested positive. Dantzler their rookie cb also is on the covid reserve list
They are in bad shape at the CB and LB positions especially. Packers offense should be able to move the ball.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think today LaFleur said EQ would be a lot more involved in the offense in the upcoming weeks than he had been. I would imagine Dexter Williams is on the short list of people they can drop down.

I’m with you though, I like Taylor. I wish they would use him on the jet sweeps and screens more. He’s got some size and some juice. Moves very fluidly.

Almost forgot him, but thought he was only activated for Aaron Jones sitting out, and AJ is back this game I thought?

D

Deleted member 6794

Aaron Jones and Kevin King ruled out for Sunday's game vs. the Vikings.

David Bakhtiari, Mason Crosby, Tyler Ervin, Raven Greene, Tyler Lancaster, John Lovett and Darnell Savage listed as questionable.

Last edited by a moderator:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The questionable Vikings defense just got worse. 3 of their 4 CBs will be out, and they weren't good to begin with. Todd Davis was just starting to work his way into the rotation at LB, so he's not a huge loss but they are a sinking ship. Aaron just needs to shoot a few flaming arrows at the burial ship as it sinks into the sea.

jon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The questionable Vikings defense just got worse. 3 of their 4 CBs will be out, and they weren't good to begin with. Todd Davis was just starting to work his way into the rotation at LB, so he's not a huge loss but they are a sinking ship. Aaron just needs to shoot a few flaming arrows at the burial ship as it sinks into the sea.

Yet the Packers are still only 6.5 point favorites. Even with GB's injury list, I'd like to think they're going pound the crabs out of them... why isn't the line 10-15 points?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Yet the Packers are still only 6.5 point favorites. Even with GB's injury list, I'd like to think they're going pound the crabs out of them... why isn't the line 10-15 points?

Spreads that go beyond a touchdown are reserved for only the most ridiculously lopsided matchups in the NFL.

There are only a handful of lines bigger than what the Packers are laying to the Vikings.

Titans (-7) @ Bengals

Jets @ Chiefs (-20.5) LOLOL

Cowboys @ Eagles (-11)

Bucs (-12.5) @ Giants

The Vikings aren't good, but they're a lot better than the Giants, Jets, and the current version of the Cowboys. Two of their five losses were by 1 point against good teams: 31-30 Vs. the 5-1 Titans, and 27-26 @ the 5-1 Seahawks.

I fully expect a GB victory, but I understand why the line is set where it is.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always thought that the line is set by the betting on one side or the other. If a lot of people start betting on The Pack, the oddsmakers will raise the point spread until there is an equal number of betters on both sides. They want a safe 5%.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I've always thought that the line is set by the betting on one side or the other. If a lot of people start betting on The Pack, the oddsmakers will raise the point spread until there is an equal number of betters on both sides. They want a safe 5%.

Right, but there's still an opening line.

So I believe that the opening line was -6.5 and the early money was on the Vikings to cover, so it ended up at -6.0.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw what the forecast is supposed to be in GB. Yikes. Now I know why we moved down here after hubby retired! :eek:
woke me up at 2 this morning. Still blowing pretty good. Checked the wind forecast, they say it's supposed to pick up during the day in the forecast for here. But right now it's as high as they're predicting for later though it's supposed to be lower right now. According to their forecast :) So, not sure if that means its going to get worse, or if it's as bad as it's going to get.

it was avg. 28.8 with gusts to 49mph. But it has dropped recently. Only blowing at 20 right now with 33 mph gusts.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
This wind will put an interesting spin on the game. Wind affects the passing game a lot more than rain.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So who will have the advantage in these windy and possibly slippery conditions? Punting and special teams could be important.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
So who will have the advantage in these windy and possibly slippery conditions? Punting and special teams could be important.
https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-88.06304165767506&lat=44.500374461329756

Mid-30s shouldn't make the ball slippery without some precip. I'd think the wind could make an XP the max FG range. Depends which way the wind swirls 25-30 yards/meters (for @buggybill2003 :p) above the field. Deep kickoffs could only be one direction. Expect going for it whenever over the 50 with < 4-6 yards to gain. Deep passes could be absent.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember someone asking Rodgers how he throws the ball in bad weather conditions. He said he just doesn't grip it as tightly.
Despite the conditions and some key players out - hopefully they're ready for the 49ers game - I think the Packers roll today, 38 to 24.

Members online

Latest posts