Week 8: VS Minny Game 2

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just about at the midway point now and heading into the time when the playoff seeding race heats up.

The main thing this game is just not to get caught looking ahead, a real temptation with the game in SF coming on a very short week after.
We gotta come out and get up on our division rival early to make sure they know they won't have any room for error in this one. Come out flat and... Well even a team like Minny can make you have to earn it.
Hopefully MLF's one game at a time message is ringing loud and clear.
Bears got the Saints in town and could lose again. Bucs unfortunately got the Giants... Too easy.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Minny is a weird team, they'll put up points but give up twice as many. I can see another massive game for Adams coming. Hopefully the team uses Dillon more this game to keep our guys healthy for San Fran.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should be a decisive win, but like you say can't ever let down. the Vikings Danielle Hunter is having neck surgery and is done for the year.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Whichever WR that Alexander isn't covering could have a big game.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Minnesota has just 13 sacks on the season and just traded away a guy who had 5 of those. They also dont create turnovers. If we take care of the ball there is no reason we should not win.

All that said, Minnesota has enough offensive threats that if Counsins isnt a turnover machine they could cause us problems. The offensive line still struggles to protect the passer but with Cook likely back and Theilen and Jefferson they will get yards

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be a good test for our ILB's. Stopping Cook is something we have not been good at.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings brass has already given up. There are many articles from the local sportswriters stating as such. They traded a 2nd round pick for Ngakoue (which should be a high 2nd round), paid him several million in salary, and then traded him to Baltimore for a 3rd round pick - which should be a low 3rd rounder. Rumors are that Harrison Smith and many others are available for trades. They are gambling for Treavor Lawrence, but in true Vikings style, will even lose at losing. The Jets or someone else will get them.

The Vikings will play us tough, but in the end, they don't have the horses anymore. Kirk Cousins took too much of their cap and it finally caught up with them.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The Vikings brass has already given up. There are many articles from the local sportswriters stating as such. They traded a 2nd round pick for Ngakoue (which should be a high 2nd round), paid him several million in salary, and then traded him to Baltimore for a 3rd round pick - which should be a low 3rd rounder. Rumors are that Harrison Smith and many others are available for trades. They are gambling for Treavor Lawrence, but in true Vikings style, will even lose at losing. The Jets or someone else will get them.

The Vikings will play us tough, but in the end, they don't have the horses anymore. Kirk Cousins took too much of their cap and it finally caught up with them.

Think we can get Jefferson for a 6th round? :whistling: :roflmao:

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’d throw in MvS and EQ as well lol
Shows what happens when you try and draft people solely on their workouts. Too high expectations. Those do not automatically equate with football players.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shows what happens when you try and draft people solely on their workouts. Too high expectations. Those do not automatically equate with football players.
Well, to be fair... the two I mentioned were 5th and 6th rounders.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Think we can get Jefferson for a 6th round? :whistling: :roflmao:
Jefferson is the real deal. He is everything that Stefon Diggs was for the Vikings, but higher ceiling and MUCH better attitude. He is still a rookie and needs to be more consistent, but he is a big-play WR and will get open for a big play or two against us. Luckily the Vikings don't have enough else. Thielen seems to have come back to Earth a bit.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, to be fair... the two I mentioned were 5th and 6th rounders.
Yes, except that a lot of fans that spend a lot of time on the draft were like salivating for these guys and really mainly based on their combine numbers. And so I am saying that we should be drafting football players. A little more speed just does not make up for coordination and a football mind and hands. You cannot quantify everything. jmo. And then these fans stick with these players too long and sometimes getting down on other players because these were the guys they picked. I know I'm not the first to say this but sometimes it just gets to be too much. I'm not saying that is you swhitset. In fact I don't think it is. Just explaining my comment. And I do admit that sometimes I see a guy and I want him to get a chance and succeed. Like Bolton for instance. But that is after he is already on the team.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
So barring an injury to a WR before Lazard is activated, who gets sent down to the PS when he is put back on the 53?

My immediate thought was Shepherd. But he appears to be our back-up return guy and with Ervins's health, we might need him. Also, I think the Packers have used up Shepherd's 2 "free" call ups from the PS, I could be wrong. Not that another team is probably going to pick him up if he is first cut, so he probably would clears waivers.

The next logical choice is EQ or Taylor. Taylor has 3 career receptions, 2 of which (including a TD) came against the Texans. Not sure what he adds to special teams. One would think that EQ has more potential, but he hasn't done anything either.

So while it might be a difficult decision, I don't think they lose any significant talent by sending any of those 3 guys down.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Minnesota has just 13 sacks on the season and just traded away a guy who had 5 of those. They also dont create turnovers. If we take care of the ball there is no reason we should not win.

All that said, Minnesota has enough offensive threats that if Counsins isnt a turnover machine they could cause us problems. The offensive line still struggles to protect the passer but with Cook likely back and Theilen and Jefferson they will get yards

MN will put up a fight until they get a couple of scores behind. You are right, as long as we don't turn the ball over we should be victorious.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts