Week 4: Buffalo at Green Bay - Time to bounce back

WiscoKOB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I"ll settle for some consistency and a degree of competence. One step at a time.
I'm with you. Consistency on offense is coming, but run defense was bad against Redskins. McCoy is banged up, but he sounds determined which could mean trouble for a defense that needs work. C'mon Pack

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

Well, I was surprised that I was able to cope with not having access to their data for the first three weeks of the season ;)
I was wondering when you'd break down. ;)

By the way, I corrected my stretch run breakdown post. Initially I said it was 5 runs right, 1 left, excluding the penalty play. Duh. My play breadown showed 4 and 2. The 2 to the left went for 5 and -2. It killed to the right side.

H

HardRightEdge

Slow down Gramps...I could barely figure out who Larry Csonka and Mercury Morris were! ;)
I was just funnin' with ya, youngin'. I ain't that old. But if you keep this up I'm sending ya to auntie out in the Dakota Territory. She has a outhouse pit that needs dug :poop: and her well run dry. :cry:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I was just funnin' with ya, youngin'. I ain't that old. But if you keep this up I'm sending ya to auntie out in the Dakota Territory. She has a outhouse pit that needs dug :poop: and her well run dry. :cry:

It is interesting though how NFL knowledge, can give away our age. :) "Back when I was a kid, they didn't wear helmets, it was a mans game!"

H

HardRightEdge

It is interesting though how NFL knowledge, can give away our age. :) "Back when I was a kid, they didn't wear helmets, it was a mans game!"
Way back in the day you could take the head off a defenseless receiver, take a guy out with a spear, or go for the QBs knees (yes, that is illegal), or just crush him into the ground and win the locker room ante.

Deacon Jones' forearm shiver to the helmet --> Williamson/Plank --> Denver's chop blocking line --> Vontaze Burfict, with a lot of other stuff in between. I bet most people reading this don't even know what I'm saying with that, but the roughing rule and the helmet contact rule are only the latest in a long progression of rule changes to take violent (and often wilfull) injuries out of the game. Now, the QB has simply become too central to the game and too expensive.

With each step the defenders adjusted and nobody remembers how it was when "men were men". We still have Williams running over guys, so that's something worth watching in this game. ;)

The yards and points keep inching up over the deades if not in a stright line as a result. I'm guessing that makes fantasy football more interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
The Bills looked pretty solid against MN The Bills played extremely fast paced overall, blitz packages often and created QB turnovers. Micah Hyde had a nice day and was shutting down his man routinely.

We need to be sharp this week and Aaron, Monty and Co need to protect the football! Much of the beginning of the Vikings demise last week was due to turnovers, due to an aggressive pass rush by the Bills. The Vikings also dropped quite a few passes where Cousins hit them in the hands or #'s. We need to get the ball out quickly but systematically and be patient and efficient. Most importantly we have to mitigate penalty yardage, we killed ourselves last week in that area.
We can beat the Bills but they are playing with a chip on their shoulder and shouldn't be underestimated, but Aaron Rodgers is back practicing during the week again and getting a little bit healthier each week that passes.. Packers go 2-1-1
GB 28 Bills 23

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been posted somewhere else around here but I saw this telling stat yesterday. I almost couldn't believe it at first to be honest.

Pressures this season:

Jerry Hughes: 20

Clay + Perry + Fackrell + Gilbert: 11

I just don't see how any team can expect to a field a SB contending defense with the edge production that we're getting.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm sure this has been posted somewhere else around here but I saw this telling stat yesterday. I almost couldn't believe it at first to be honest.

Pressures this season:

Jerry Hughes: 20

Clay + Perry + Fackrell + Gilbert: 11

I just don't see how any team can expect to a field a SB contending defense with the edge production that we're getting.

There's no doubt the Packers pass rush has to improve. While the numbers you have posted are correct according to PFF you have to realize that Daniels (11) and Clark (7) are leading the team in pressures. Overall the Bills (67) have the better unit than the Packers (47) though.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers have promoted CB Tony Brown from the practice squad before today's game vs. the Bills. To make room for him on the roster the team placed Muhammad Wilkerson on injured reserve.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Way back in the day you could take the head off a defenseless receiver, take a guy out with a spear, or go for the QBs knees (yes, that is illegal), or just crush him into the ground and win the locker room ante.

Deacon Jones' forearm shiver to the helmet --> Williamson/Plank --> Denver's chop blocking line --> Vontaze Burfict, with a lot of other stuff in between. I bet most people reading this don't even know what I'm saying with that, but the roughing rule and the helmet contact rule are only the latest in a long progression of rule changes to take violent (and often wilfull) injuries out of the game. Now, the QB has simply become too central to the game and too expensive.

With each step the defenders adjusted and nobody remembers how it was when "men were men". We still have Williams running over guys, so that's something worth watching in this game. ;)

The yards and points keep inching up over the deades if not in a stright line as a result. I'm guessing that makes fantasy football more interesting.

How could you not mention Donnie Snell, The Torpedo, launching himself head first into Earl Campbell's midsection and breaking his ribs?

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just hoping the team actually looks prepared to play for once. We're up against a bad Buffalo team starting a rookie QB - there are no excuses for this game.

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers inactives:

QB Tim Boyle
WR Randall Cobb
CB Kevin King
RB Darius Jackson
CB Bashaud Breeland
OL Justin McCray
OL Alex Light

James from IL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a little surprised too. You'd hope he'd be able to pick up the playbook quick enough to at least be active and make a difference... unless it's that cut in his foot still.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm a little surprised too. You'd hope he'd be able to pick up the playbook quick enough to at least be active and make a difference... unless it's that cut in his foot still.

It's impossible to pick up the entire playbook in some days but I would still feel more comfortable about Breeland being the dime cornerback than Brown.

James from IL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's impossible to pick up the entire playbook in some days but I would still feel more comfortable about Breeland being the dime cornerback than Brown.

I didn't mean the WHOLE playbook, I just meant enough to where he could be useful on game day.

MR8

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just popping in to say Good Luck this week fellas!!!!

Regarless what happens with the scores, I hope both teams get out fully healthy for next week