Week 3: We Must Pound The Bungles

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's not like he isn't a very good player. injuries are part of the game. he'll be back out there in a club asap.

that's why we need him out there healthy like in the hawks game. perry and mike made a huge difference in that game.

Reaction score
We need to put Kendricks in the WR package. He surely must be at least as fast as Cook and I'm betting can go up and catch some deep balls.
I was also actually surprised how little Kendricks was used last week with all the injuries to the WR area. Hopefully he'll get more comfortable in the system as the year progresses.

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does not matter how we win, if they have 1 point more than Cincy at the end of the game, a WIN is a Win... We have been blessed for the last 25 or so years with 2 great quarterbacks... Let me repeat that 2.. If we never have had FAVRE or RODGERS this team would be, well, interesting to watch...

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we lose this game, what's going to be the reaction?

"Relax it's week 3?"
or
"This team is screwed!"

I know most of you are going to take the RELAX option, but I have no patience anymore. Here's hoping we annihilate the bungles.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we lose this game, what's going to be the reaction?

"Relax it's week 3?"
or
"This team is screwed!"

I know most of you are going to take the RELAX option, but I have no patience anymore. Here's hoping we annihilate the bungles.

I'd say none of the above. Losing to a bungling team is always going to make me critical of players and coaches, especially if it happens at home.

But I wouldn't say "we can't recover from this" because in these strange days we live in, #runthetable can happen at any moment under any circumstance it seems. But I would say it should start now and not when we're facing playoff elimination in week 11.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I see Randall starting and King on the sidelines, nothing the rest of the season will convince me otherwise that this entire regime- FO, coaches- needs to go.

Sky King

Reaction score
If I see Randall starting and King on the sidelines, nothing the rest of the season will convince me otherwise that this entire regime- FO, coaches- needs to go.
I'm leaning more towards TT and possibly selected scouts that may have lost a step. Maybe a coach or two, as well, but probably not the entire bunch. The next GM will have considerable influence in all of that.

Speaking from personal experience, one needs to recognize when the time has come to step aside. What's always a possibility is that a person in a leadership position may still want to continue-on doing what they love to do, and they are still pretty good at doing so. But if they've got nothing left to prove then what exactly is left that they are now trying to prove, that they've still got it? That would be selfish and not in the best long-term interests of an organization.

To paraphrase TT himself regarding players: It's better to leave a year too soon than a year too late. He's got to be very close to that juncture himself. It may be about time for him to walk the talk. Passing the torch is not going to be easy but that's life.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bulaga from FP to LP. Lets see what today is? DNP due to financial/personal/kid/car/golf swing/cooking problems and Sunday will be doubtful. Already we have 7 DNP for Thursday. We will probably go into Dallas with our backups all ready to rock 'n roll, ya'll! get Buntley ready, MM! WE are going to rock!

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also ... On a game that will be going on before we hopefully pound the Bungles, Atlanta is heading up to Detroit.

Should we cheer for the Lions or Falcons to win that one?

Issue at play there is it'll make Detroit 3-0 there and make us have to keep up with them, but on the other hand it might help knock the Falcons out of HFA if the Lions win, and the Lions as usual might collapse down the stretch. Who should lose this one?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Also ... On a game that will be going on before we hopefully pound the Bungles, Atlanta is heading up to Detroit.

Issue at play there is it'll make Detroit 3-0 there and make us have to keep up with them, but on the other hand it might help knock the Falcons out of HFA if the Lions win, and the Lions as usual might collapse down the stretch. Who should lose this one?
Just beat the Bengals
Why don't we let the players and coaches worry about beating the Bengals, and we as fans continue to discuss all things that could effect the Packers moving forward. I don't feel as if that's an irrational thought. But hell who knows.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

IMO, best if Atlanta would lose. I don't worry too much about the Lions and we still play them twice. As long as the Packers get into the playoffs, if I had a choice between traveling to Detroit or Atlanta.....give me Detroit. Go Lions!

Then again, none of it really matters if the Packers don't even make the playoffs.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why don't we let the players and coaches worry about beating the Bengals, and we as fans continue to discuss all things that could effect the Packers moving forward. I don't feel as if that's an irrational thought. But hell who knows.
I guess you can, but it doesn't make much sense to me. 14 million things are going to happen between now and the time it becomes more apparent how important this game. If GB keeps winning, it will all take care of itself.

Right now I see no fan even talking about the game that's going to be played in less than 3 days. No match up discussions, nothing about uncommon opponent tendencies, hardly a thing about it actually. You're right, but you're right fans can talk about whatever they want.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Right now I see no fan even talking about the game that's going to be played in less than 3 days. No match up discussions, nothing about uncommon opponent tendencies, hardly a thing about it actually. You're right, but you're right fans can talk about whatever they want.

Aren't we all waiting to see who of the Packers is healthy and can even play on Sunday? ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
it is a guessing game lately isn't it

Is is and I would almost be afraid to look at a roster chart, if the coaching staff has such a thing, which shows each player's name and next to that at what capacity he currently is at healthwise. Guess it is the NFL and I'm not a guy who follows the injury reports of other teams, but I am really getting tired of seeing Packers going down and/or playing with injuries that reduce their level of play to "X %" I have been following the Packers long enough and the last few years seem to have had a large spike in injuries. Maybe it's getting older and a limited memory of Past teams being saddled with just as many injured guys during a season?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't even want to look. all I can do is hope it's an early season blip and it levels off and things stay steady for the later part of the season.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting article on Acme Packing Company.
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/...vin-king-damarious-randall-josh-jones-bengals

I know I don't have the greatest understanding of the defense, but the author of the article said something about, the defense possibly using the players the way they're supposed to be...In some ways, the injury to Brice could set up the Packers to be the team their personnel has them best-suited to be.:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts