Week 3: Broncos @ Packers (H)

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Elgton Jenkins will start this week with Lane Taylor dealing with an injury. One has to wonder if the injury would be bad enough to keep Taylor out in other circumstances.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Maybe it's the optimistic, delusional die hard fan in me, but I'm starting to lean toward this one being a borderline wipe out in favor of the green and gold.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Maybe it's the optimistic, delusional die hard fan in me, but I'm starting to lean toward this one being a borderline wipe out in favor of the green and gold.

With the way our offense has been playing, I am not counting on a blowout. But I do feel pretty confident. Our defense as a whole has just been vicious, and our front has been really tough to block. The Broncos' offensive line has struggled, and their QB isn't exactly a nimble escape artist. Even if the offense continues to sputter, this should be a very winnable game for the Pack.

And if the offense does take another step, I could easily see a 2+ score victory.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
With the way our offense has been playing, I am not counting on a blowout. But I do feel pretty confident. Our defense as a whole has just been vicious, and our front has been really tough to block. The Broncos' offensive line has struggled, and their QB isn't exactly a nimble escape artist. Even if the offense continues to sputter, this should be a very winnable game for the Pack.

And if the offense does take another step, I could easily see a 2+ score victory.
The way the Packers moved the ball in the first quarter against the Vikings was highly impressive. A couple of bad penalties that put the Packers in unfavorable down and distances, along with two turnovers (bad snap, G-Mo fumble), and the AR miscalculation on the 4th and short took away more potential scoring opportunities. Score a TD and a FG on those 5 drives, and you hang over 30 on a hellacious defense.

Plus, Denver isn't in the same class as Chicago and Minnesota defensively. We should be able to put up our best offensive output of the season.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The way the Packers moved the ball in the first quarter against the Vikings was highly impressive. A couple of bad penalties that put the Packers in unfavorable down and distances, along with two turnovers (bad snap, G-Mo fumble), and the AR miscalculation on the 4th and short took away more potential scoring opportunities. Score a TD and a FG on those 5 drives, and you hang over 30 on a hellacious defense.

Plus, Denver isn't in the same class as Chicago and Minnesota defensively. We should be able to put up our best offensive output of the season.

Yeah I agree. I do think the offense could start to break through fairly soon. But then, one could argue that the Broncos defense has been punching below its weight thus far too. They have a to of talent on that side, with the ability to play far better than they did week one.

H

HardRightEdge

I kind of doubt Taylor ever gets the gig back unless one of the other guys gets injured.
It was going to happen eventually, one way or the other. We'll see how he does taking a full game's worth of snaps.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I agree. I do think the offense could start to break through fairly soon. But then, one could argue that the Broncos defense has been punching below its weight thus far too. They have a to of talent on that side, with the ability to play far better than they did week one.

Esp with all the flak Miller is taking on media. Miller and Chubb are quite a dynamic duo and they'd be raring to prove a point. Hope we don't underestimate them.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Elgton Jenkins will start this week with Lane Taylor dealing with an injury. One has to wonder if the injury would be bad enough to keep Taylor out in other circumstances.
taylor totally missed practice today after being limited yesterday...biceps. if he can't even be a backup then i'd probably say yes.

Reaction score
This will be absolutely invaluable experience for Elgton. I hope he repeats a “Corey Linsey” and stays out there for good.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just realized we're wearing those hideous throwback uniforms. I'm a little worried now considering The Packers don't typically play well in those uniforms.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I just realized we're wearing those hideous throwback uniforms. I'm a little worried now considering The Packers don't typically play well in those uniforms.
The Packers are really going to have their backs against the wall trying to overcome it.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are really going to have their backs against the wall trying to overcome it.
Call me superstitious. I can't recall a time where we played a decent game, especially when we went from the brown helmets to the yellow ones.

The last fond memory I have of these uniforms is when Donald Driver broke several tackles for 61 yards.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Ironically this was also the uniform they wore when Finley went down with that career ending injury. And this was around the time Finley was starting to live up to his potential.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Call me superstitious. I can't recall a time where we played a decent game, especially when we went from the brown helmets to the yellow ones.

They are 2-2 in this uniform and last wore it when they beat Buffalo 22-0 last season.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are 2-2 in this uniform and last wore it when they beat Buffalo 22-0 last season.
Wasn't that the game where the defense won, and a handful of people here were criticizing Rodgers for how he was at the podium when he said the offense needs to play better?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Wasn't that the game where the defense won, and a handful of people here were criticizing Rodgers for how he was at the podium when he said the offense needs to play better?

Not sure if people were criticizing Rodgers or just agreeing with his comments after the game, one of them being “It was as bad as we’ve played on offense with that many yards in a long time,” Rodgers said.

Rodgers was still playing with a bad knee, the Packers offense gained a lot of yards (423) but Rodgers threw his first interception (deflected) and felt that the Packers left a lot of points on the field.

https://www.packers.com/video/rodgers-displeased-with-offensive-output-against-bills

None the less, old news, just Aaron being Aaron, he wasn't happy with how he or the offense played.

Members online

Latest posts