Week 3: Broncos @ Packers (H)

Reaction score
With our defense finally showing some promise, let's just hope we
don't get cursed in these games with a couple key injuries, like if A-Rod gets hurt.

That would blow your predictions out of the water.

We don't need to go through what The Saints and The Steelers are going through right now.

Reaction score
If we arent going to throw to Graham, then take him out because he also cannot block. Simple. Id rather see Tonyan out there than Graham and when he is healthy and ready to go I'd much rather see Sternberger getting reps over the them both.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Idk why people consider what I said about seeing if New Orleans is willing to trade Cook for Graham funny. Unless I'm missing something and Cook went down with some kind of injury. Rodgers has chemistry with Cook, and Brees has chemistry with Graham.

Reaction score
Idk why people consider what I said about seeing if New Orleans is willing to trade Cook for Graham funny. Unless I'm missing something and Cook went down with some kind of injury. Rodgers has chemistry with Cook, and Brees has chemistry with Graham.

I do not know Cook's details (how much he would cost) but I don't think its too crazy. Graham is a waste out there. If we tried to use him i would say fine. But we dont even target him that often AND he cant block to save his life. As it stands now I would say the Packers are a little ahead of schedule in terms of being good. Next years draft we could possibly hunt for an offensive weapon and then we are up there with the best of them

Edit* I did not expect the defense to look THIS good so soon

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

I laughed because right now, I think Cook is the better player and the Saints would probably agree. Also, whether either of them could switch gears that fast and play for a team they once played for (Graham 5 years ago, Cook 3 years ago), is a whole other question. The Packers have a new offense and Brees won't be playing for at least 6 weeks.

I think you would have gotten the same reaction had you said "I would be willing to trade Aaron Jones for Kamara."

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I laughed because right now, I think Cook is the better player and the Saints would probably agree. Also, whether either of them could switch gears that fast and play for a team they once played for (Graham 5 years ago, Cook 3 years ago), is a whole other question. The Packers have a new offense and Brees won't be playing for at least 6 weeks.

I think you would have gotten the same reaction had you said "I would be willing to trade Aaron Jones for Kamara."
No not really, considering neither QB has experience with either of those players, unlike with Cook and Graham. And honestly, do you think that Cook and Rodgers wouldn't have chemistry anymore due to being in a new offense?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
No not really, considering neither QB has experience with either of those players, unlike with Cook and Graham. And honestly, do you think that Cook and Rodgers wouldn't have chemistry anymore due to being in a new offense?

Cook worked with Rodgers 1 season, 3 seasons ago. This isn't Jordy or James Jones. Graham worked with Brees (not Teddy B.) for 5 season, 5 years ago. I don't think either player comes to the other team and fits right in immediately. It would take some time for Cook to learn the new offense, as well as re-establish the short lived chemistry that he was forming with Rodgers back in 2016.

The hypothetical is kind of ridiculous to begin with. I will let you figure out why. Here is a hint, go look at each one of their respective contracts and come back to me and explain how such a trade makes any sense for the Saints and that is even tossing out the fact that I think Cook is the better of the 2.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In that one year, he clearly demonstrated he had better chemistry than any tight end that has come since then, refute that if you can please. In any case I think you're underestimating Cook's intelligence, and OBVIOUSLY he isn't gonna learn everything from right off the bat, but considering it's early in the season, which you didn't take into consideration, I figured it certainly wouldn't hurt to try, considering Brees is scheduled to return in about 6 weeks, and Sean Payton is the main person calling the plays and whatnot, so chances are Graham will still have an idea of what they do offensively, so factor that in and by the time Drew gets back, HOPEFULLY they'll pick up where they left off previously. I was aware of the unlikeliness of this situation, but nevertheless considering how disappointing Graham has been so far, and with The Saints' situation I figured it wouldn't hurt to consider but I digress.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
In that one year, he clearly demonstrated he had better chemistry than any tight end that has come since then, refute that if you can please. In any case I think you're underestimating Cook's intelligence, and OBVIOUSLY he isn't gonna learn everything from right off the bat, but considering it's early in the season, which you didn't take into consideration, I figured it certainly wouldn't hurt to try, considering Brees is scheduled to return in about 6 weeks, and Sean Payton is the main person calling the plays and whatnot, so chances are Graham will still have an idea of what they do offensively, so factor that in and by the time Drew gets back, HOPEFULLY they'll pick up where they left off previously. I was aware of the unlikeliness of this situation, but nevertheless considering how disappointing Graham has been so far, and with The Saints' situation I figured it wouldn't hurt to consider but I digress.

This has nothing to do with either player's intelligence. Please don't tell me what I am thinking, you seem to get that part wrong quite a bit.

I assume you never looked at their contracts like I suggested?

You asked why I thought it was a laughable "idea", I have given you many reasons why I think it is, so I am done. Good luck with Cook-ing this trade up with others.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@Do7

There really is no incentive for Saints to go with the Trade, esp as it may end up strengthening a Conference rival....and even more so with Brees (connection) out for next 6 weeks. It really is just a fantasy speculation.

Anyway it's more in MLF using Graham more for blocking against Vikes D. I can see possibility of changes vs Broncos.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with either player's intelligence. Please don't tell me what I am thinking, you seem to get that part wrong quite a bit.

I assume you never looked at their contracts like I suggested?

You asked why I thought it was a laughable "idea", I have given you many reasons why I think it is, so I am done. Good luck with Cook-ing this trade up with others.
Ok first off, read what said next time. I never made any indication that i know what you're thinking. What I said is that I THINK that you were underestimating Cook's intelligence in which he could quickly learn and gel with the offense. Do not twist my words. I would appreciate it.

Now with that out of the way, what I was GOING to say, is after thinking about it, and looking at the situation, I concede that I should've took a better look at the situation, especially playing with their contracts. After looking at that I do see and understand why this wouldn't work straight up. It's not a good trade, not for New Orleans anyways. I was wrong.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright prediction time.

Now going into this season this is actually one of the games I predicted we would lose because I respect the Broncos defense, and I thought the game was in Denver. The thing about this game is that Flacco often has tendencies to ball out when you least expect it. I'm sure we're the favorites going in, but this is one game we have to tread carefully in. I see The Broncos trying to play with a bit of desperation (and I initially had them as my dark horses for a playoff birth, but that doesn't look like that will happen.) so I say if our boys can weather the storm, there's no doubt in my mind we'll come out victorious. I just pray for no injuries.

I would feel a lot better if Denver won last week as I mentioned they'll play with a bit of desperation, and Flacco is due for a big game, I just hope it isn't against us. He will throw the deep ball at least a few times so the turnover opportunities will be there, but we have to be ready for them.

I think in this game we'll begin to see the offense play a complete game, and a glimpse of what is to come down the road. I say we'll win, by two possessions.

But having said that I will not be shocked if Denver upsets us as initially I had them winning, but that was due to fact I thought this game was in Denver.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the good news, so is Rodgers, like way over due!

#Wegotthis!
I'm with you on that! I'm also hoping a big game against Dallas. Nothing more would make me happy to see Rodgers blow the breaks out of that overrated team. But that's down the road.

I hope Rodgers throws for 4 TDS this game.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be more worried if this were in Denver. Their D hasn't quite found it's groove, is it aging? or just not hitting quite yet? It's still early, but even though our offense isn't hitting either, they'll pose more problems than the Bears did. just to clarify, our offense will pose more problems for their D than the Bears did.

But IMO, Denver won that game, they're no slouches. Flacco doesn't scare me, but if we can stop the run and put pressure on him, there's a good chance we have a couple turnovers again. that bodes well for us. They do have a RB that can bust one just like Cook did so we can't have a let down on a play or he'll make you pay.

I think some people look at 0-2 and think this will be easy, but they're better than 0-2 would indicate. On the flip side, I think our team is better than what they've shown so far too. I expect more growth from the offense again this week. We should have enough to win this game by a possession or 2 I think.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think some people look at 0-2 and think this will be easy, but they're better than 0-2 would indicate. On the flip side, I think our team is better than what they've shown so far too.

Agree and I hate to say it, but we could very easily be 0-2 as well. So you are correct, the Packers hopefully are better than they have shown, but they need to start improving, because many of the teams they will be facing in the coming 5 or so games, are thinking the same thing.

6-1 before we head to KC, is a pretty realistic goal IMO.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree and I hate to say it, but we could very easily be 0-2 as well. So you are correct, the Packers hopefully are better than they have shown, but they need to start improving, because many of the teams they will be facing in the coming 5 or so games, are thinking the same thing.

6-1 before we head to KC, is a pretty realistic goal IMO.
We finally have a defense and part of a special teams unit that can keep games manageable and winnable, i'm not apologizing for it LOL

as this defense comes together, we're going to start seeing a lot more turnovers I think. We're close on a lot more than we're getting. as the offense figures it out, and the showed improvement, that will put more pressure on teams as well. They have stuff to sort out, i'm just looking for steady improvement. The good news for us is, the teams with really good offenses that will push our offense don't show up for a few more weeks. Our Offense has also been facing very very good defenses and those are going to go down as we go along here too.

As long as they keep putting things together, we'll be fine

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do you all see the Greene replacement situation panning out?
Without him and Burks, who'll line up next to Blake in the hybrid safety/linebacker role?

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone knows we never should have let Cook walk. But sunk costs are sunk.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
How do you all see the Greene replacement situation panning out?
Without him and Burks, who'll line up next to Blake in the hybrid safety/linebacker role?

Josh Jones......he was seen at a local Green Bay McDonald's restaurant this morning.

EDIT: Turns out, he was only working there. :coffee:

Members online

Latest posts