We signed LaVar!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:prepares for the "Lavar is the best LB of all time, and TT is an idiot for not getting him!" rants:

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt.

The draft is littered with LBs....the Packers will get their man.

OP
OP
J

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still don't understand signing LaVar and also drafting Hawk. Seems like overkill to me.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree, one or the other.

signing lavar(to me) woulda been a big red flag suggesting we might not get Hawk, and do some crazy trading and whatnot.

but now its looking like #5 and Hawk are going to be ours.

Thats MY take on the situation anyway.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
or fletcher

or thomas

or manning jr

or even ralph brown

lot of CBs available.

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone else question the source of this report? I'm not saying we're going to sign Lavar, but I'm not sure how credible this "news" source is.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Try to make yourself feel better all you want, but having a LB corps with Barnett, LaVar and Hawk would be awesome!! One thing that all great defenses have in common: very good LBs. LaVar could go a long way to improving our defense, and I will be very disappointed if he signs elsewhere.

That being said, he's obviously not critical to putting together a very good defense. We already have a good corps of young, developing players on defense and at LB. I know we can do well with starters of Barnett, Popinga and Taylor. We can still add Hawk to that group to increase the talent.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Poppinga is the dark horse in this race. He was really coming on when he went down. Violent, hard hitting, motor always running, attitude setting type of player. Hope he comes back in time for the season....he will be in the mix as a starter.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was a huge mistake on TT's part. Arrington was a fairly young linebacker with absolute impact capabilities. He cannot talk about not wanting to spending money wisely because this is exactly the type of player that turn your defense into a quality defense quickly. TT, I'm starting to lose faith you.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Poppinga is the dark horse in this race. He was really coming on when he went down. Violent, hard hitting, motor always running, attitude setting type of player. Hope he comes back in time for the season....he will be in the mix as a starter.

Don't forget that Manning played rather well last season and he's been working hard in the offseason. By adding Taylor to the mix, I don't think he'll become a starter, but he's obviously our best backup right now.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we need Hawk In Are LB Core, Right Now We may have some devolping players but I think hawk would have a bigger impact then the other LBS we have

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Takes two to make a deal, packed. And I have not yet heard actual confirmation, at least from a reliable source, regarding this nugget.

Bottom line...we can/will get a starting LB in the draft. If we don't, we selected somebody better.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I Would Have Liked To Have Lavar But Even If We Don't Get Him we can find someone else.

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i wont believe this until i hear it from another source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts