1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

We have a statistical league leader...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Greg C., Nov 22, 2005.

1. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ...and it's Brady Poppinga, with 14 special teams tackles. Not too thrilling, but maybe a sign of better days to come.

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    he had a key missed tackle of mewelde moore on a big outside run...thats all i can say of my current thoughts on poppinga.

im sure hes good on special teams...good for him...go special teams

3. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We have another too. Brett Favre leads the league in interceptions (though only half were truly his fault).

4. showgirl

showgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks guys. i feel much better now.

5. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    this is good, we're gonna rebuild, try to win games by not just outscoring the team...thru the last few years we never had that special teams ace...the larry izzo-type who simply tackles the punt returner...good things to come

6. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    That kind of stuff is over looked far too often. A simple open field tackle, a key block on a kick return or a punt downed inside the 10 can change the course of a game.
    I would love to see the Bears draft the best place kicker coming out of college with their #2 pick. Soldier field is the toughest place to kick in the NFL.
    Everyone laughed when the Raiders picked punter Ray Guy at #1 and all he did was dominate that position for years and help them win game after game.

7. HatestheEagles084

Ratings:
    +1
    i like seeing players drafted with a purpose--players that management has set a goal for...in this case, poppinga, special teamer...montgomery is in for a lot of garbage-time snaps...hawkins, i guess he's the nickelback with joey thomas gone

if the sherman administration would've drafted guys with a purpose in mind for the later rounds instead of hit or miss guys like torrance marshall and kenny peterson just because they were name-recognizable players in college...i'm going to do what brady poppinga does right now, keep this post from turning into a big return, and shut up, or else i'll ramble

8. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ...instead of hit or miss guys like torrance marshall and kenny peterson just because they were name-recognizable players in college

Maybe you haven't been watching the same games I have, but Kenny Peterson has been playing pretty damn good lately.
    It amazes me how every draft pick the Pack makes is a bust if they don't start every game from day one and make the pro bowl.
    Peterson was taken in the third round after being evaluated as a late 1st rnd early 2nd rnd pick. He keeps improving and people will be talking about what a real value pick he was.

9. HatestheEagles084

Ratings:
    +1

i haven't been watching the same packer games you have because i've gotten less than half of them this season

kenny peterson is a classic 'tweener', he lacks the true speed and strength off the corner to be a defensive end, and he lacks the mass and strength to be an interior d-lineman...he might be improving, but in a patchwork d-lineman of guys like cullen jenkins (who i like very much), colin cole, corey williams, donnell washington and kenny peterson...peterson hasn't emerged and hasn't taken the spot next to grady jackson, nor in my opinion is he up for the chance to replace grady jackson when we finally bag him, because he simply isn't big enough and can't be the run stuffing blob we need in that spot