We have a statistical league leader...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he had a key missed tackle of mewelde moore on a big outside run...thats all i can say of my current thoughts on poppinga.

im sure hes good on special teams...good for him...go special teams

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is good, we're gonna rebuild, try to win games by not just outscoring the team...thru the last few years we never had that special teams ace...the larry izzo-type who simply tackles the punt returner...good things to come

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That kind of stuff is over looked far too often. A simple open field tackle, a key block on a kick return or a punt downed inside the 10 can change the course of a game.
I would love to see the Bears draft the best place kicker coming out of college with their #2 pick. Soldier field is the toughest place to kick in the NFL.
Everyone laughed when the Raiders picked punter Ray Guy at #1 and all he did was dominate that position for years and help them win game after game.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
That kind of stuff is over looked too often. A simple open field tackle, a key block on a kick return or a punt downed inside the 10 can change the course of a game.

i like seeing players drafted with a purpose--players that management has set a goal for...in this case, poppinga, special teamer...montgomery is in for a lot of garbage-time snaps...hawkins, i guess he's the nickelback with joey thomas gone

if the sherman administration would've drafted guys with a purpose in mind for the later rounds instead of hit or miss guys like torrance marshall and kenny peterson just because they were name-recognizable players in college...i'm going to do what brady poppinga does right now, keep this post from turning into a big return, and shut up, or else i'll ramble

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...instead of hit or miss guys like torrance marshall and kenny peterson just because they were name-recognizable players in college

Maybe you haven't been watching the same games I have, but Kenny Peterson has been playing pretty damn good lately.
It amazes me how every draft pick the Pack makes is a bust if they don't start every game from day one and make the pro bowl.
Peterson was taken in the third round after being evaluated as a late 1st rnd early 2nd rnd pick. He keeps improving and people will be talking about what a real value pick he was.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
...instead of hit or miss guys like torrance marshall and kenny peterson just because they were name-recognizable players in college

Maybe you haven't been watching the same games I have, but Kenny Peterson has been playing pretty damn good lately.
It amazes me how every draft pick the Pack makes is a bust if they don't start every game from day one and make the pro bowl.
Peterson was taken in the third round after being evaluated as a late 1st rnd early 2nd rnd pick. He keeps improving and people will be talking about what a real value pick he was.

i haven't been watching the same packer games you have because i've gotten less than half of them this season

kenny peterson is a classic 'tweener', he lacks the true speed and strength off the corner to be a defensive end, and he lacks the mass and strength to be an interior d-lineman...he might be improving, but in a patchwork d-lineman of guys like cullen jenkins (who i like very much), colin cole, corey williams, donnell washington and kenny peterson...peterson hasn't emerged and hasn't taken the spot next to grady jackson, nor in my opinion is he up for the chance to replace grady jackson when we finally bag him, because he simply isn't big enough and can't be the run stuffing blob we need in that spot

Members online

Latest posts