Way to Go MM and Capers

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just when I though McCarthy couldn't adjust, he goes on to run an almost perfect gameplann 3 weeks in a row...

And after that pathetic Vanilla Prevent Predictable defense Capers called at second half against the Niners, and just after he lost both Al Harris AND Aaron Kampman, he goes on to call a PERFECT game. No Lions poinst were a direct result of Capers' playcalling IMHO...

I just LOVE that call when DBs on one side fake the rush, and the DBs on the other side rush the passer completely free... But it's the second week in a row, defenses will pick it up.

But now I have complete faith that Capers will put this D in the best position for it to thrive... And the players are more than doing their parts... Well, except for Bush, but Charles Woodson compensates for him...

Talking about Woodson, he's the Defensive Player of the Year. No questions asked.

And Tramon Williams, after 2 so so games in a row, he was a monster today...

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Just when I though McCarthy couldn't adjust, he goes on to run an almost perfect gameplann 3 weeks in a row...

And after that pathetic Vanilla Prevent Predictable defense Capers called at second half against the Niners, and just after he lost both Al Harris AND Aaron Kampman, he goes on to call a PERFECT game. No Lions poinst were a direct result of Capers' playcalling IMHO...

I just LOVE that call when DBs on one side fake the rush, and the DBs on the other side rush the passer completely free... But it's the second week in a row, defenses will pick it up.

But now I have complete faith that Capers will put this D in the best position for it to thrive... And the players are more than doing their parts... Well, except for Bush, but Charles Woodson compensates for him...

Talking about Woodson, he's the Defensive Player of the Year. No questions asked.

And Tramon Williams, after 2 so so games in a row, he was a monster today...

While the Packers have played some good games these past 3 games played, calling Woodson the Defensive Player of the Year is a little "over the top" imho ... There are several other defensive players way ahead of him in that category ... - However that doesn't take anything away from how he has performed so far ...

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The coaches did a great job under some tough circumstances. They overcame the short week, the key injuries on defense, and that last minute reinsertion of Stafford. Great games for Tramon Williams, Woodson, and the o-line, especially Tauscher. Now they have some time to prep for the Ravens.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Talking about Woodson, he's the Defensive Player of the Year. No questions asked..

Maybe even MVP possibility. He was lights out yet again and he shut down Dallas and Calvin Johnson, although injured, still couldn't do a thing. Forget Jared Allen, esp with 7 sacks in two games against GB. Woodson deserves more respect. And he is a nice guy too (one heck of a donation).

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While the Packers have played some good games these past 3 games played, calling Woodson the Defensive Player of the Year is a little "over the top" imho ... There are several other defensive players way ahead of him in that category ... - However that doesn't take anything away from how he has performed so far ...
Woodson is:
#2 in ints with 7.
#2 in D TDs with 2.
#2 in FF with 4.
#3 in Pass Deflections with 18
Between DBs, #1 in sacks with 2
Between DBs, #23 in tackles with 54.
Between CBs, #3 in tackles with 54.
Also, he's by far the leader in forced turnovers (Ints + FF)

Those are DPOY numbers...

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who's better then Woodson on the defensive side so far? Even though I dislike the guy, Jared Allen has been great thus far. He seems to be not doing as well as of late, but I haven't seen every single Vikes play to be sure. Dwight Freeney has been doing well too, just from what I've seen.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who's better then Woodson on the defensive side so far? Even though I dislike the guy, Jared Allen has been great thus far. He seems to be not doing as well as of late, but I haven't seen every single Vikes play to be sure. Dwight Freeney has been doing well too, just from what I've seen.

Brian Dawkins looked prett good last nite. Imagine if TT actually understood that some free agents - even old ones - are worth a modest salary.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Better then Woodson though?

Different position and responsibilities. Better than Woodson in 2009? No. I think he's missed some time with injuries. I'd just like to have him as a Packers or Vikings safety. He's all business, all the time. Kinda the anti-thesis of Nick Barnett.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why are you trying to disprove that Woodson shouldn't be in the running for defensive player of the year then. You make no sense.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree the changeup in the game plan has really helped these last threw weeks. The Defense has really stepped up their game the last few weeks. I just hope they keep it up against Baltimore.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Brian Dawkins looked prett good last nite. Imagine if TT actually understood that some free agents - even old ones - are worth a modest salary.

Take for example, Eugene Robinson in '96 - the icing on that Packer defense. Point and example taken.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An absolutely BRILLIANT signing, BTW.

It's interesting that Woodson was the only aggressive FA move by TT. I wonder why and how TT was able to see the brilliance in Woodson before he even wore a packer uniform. And also, how come that mentality to bring in a FA didn't stick in his head up til now. But here's an interesting thought, wouldn't it be cool if 2 years from now when his contract is up, TT goes after Nnamdi Asomugha. Complete coincidence.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's interesting that Woodson was the only aggressive FA move by TT. I wonder why and how TT was able to see the brilliance in Woodson before he even wore a packer uniform. And also, how come that mentality to bring in a FA didn't stick in his head up til now. But here's an interesting thought, wouldn't it be cool if 2 years from now when his contract is up, TT goes after Nnamdi Asomugha. Complete coincidence.
Because Woodson's price was in favor of what TT had in mind. I think it's pretty simple: If he feels the organization will overpay for a player, he won't close the deal. If he feels the signing will hurt the locker room chemistry, or that he have a younger player in the roster with almost the same ability, he won't close the deal.

If he feels we lack a quality player, and that the Packers have the edge in the deal, he'll do it.

By overpay and edge I mean both on the financial side, as well as in the compensatory side (picks, players trade...). But mostly on the money side...

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And what other great FAs were out there, especially this past offseason? Most teams tag their good FA players so in essence keeping them off the open market. It would be wonderful to find a decent O tackle in FA but these guys are almost never out there unless they are well past their prime. Folks want to compare TT and Wolf when it comes to free agency but FA is so different now than when Wolf was running things. Even Wolf admitted the change in FA was one of the reasons why he called it a career. I for one am glad TT didn't overpay for guys like Haynesworth and Canty last spring!

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And what other great FAs were out there, especially this past offseason? Most teams tag their good FA players so in essence keeping them off the open market. It would be wonderful to find a decent O tackle in FA but these guys are almost never out there unless they are well past their prime. Folks want to compare TT and Wolf when it comes to free agency but FA is so different now than when Wolf was running things. Even Wolf admitted the change in FA was one of the reasons why he called it a career. I for one am glad TT didn't overpay for guys like Haynesworth and Canty last spring!
It's not just FA... It's also trades. Adcquiring players. Fact is if you don't hit in an absurd way in the Draft, there's no way you can build a dominant team mainly by it, without quality FAs or traded players.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not just FA... It's also trades. Adcquiring players. Fact is if you don't hit in an absurd way in the Draft, there's no way you can build a dominant team mainly by it, without quality FAs or traded players.

Speaking of trades, what was the last trade that TT made? Tony Moll for Derrick Martin... Horrible decision by the Tedster

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of trades, what was the last trade that TT made? Tony Moll for Derrick Martin... Horrible decision by the Tedster
I have to disagree with this one... Getting anything for Tonny Moll was the greatest move ever made by any GM in any sport...

Just to make it clear, Moll made Barbre look like Anthony Muñoz.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts