Watching the playoffs and SB, again.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Earlier this year I recorded all the playoff games and the SB.
I dunno what inspired me to do it since I was watching them at the same time.
I have not re-watched them since.
Anyway, last night I finished re-watching the Pack/Eagles playoff game.
Next is, Falcons, Bears, Stealers.

Anyone else has it recorded and has re-watched?
And if so, have you watched them in order like I'm going to do?

It's fun to re-live the moments.
A-Rod redeeming himself from the AZ Cards fiasco.
Being our QB and so proud to have him.
Tramon Williams last moment end zone grab.
Phillies kicker missing.
Dog killer losing.
Etc etc.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've watched them all at least 4 times. I'm a nerd like that.
I don't blame you at all for doing that.
They are just too much fun to watch! Especially when you know the outcome!

I never recorded any losing games. (Or any others for that matter.)
But if I had, they somehow would have been "accidentally" erased.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I have the Super Bowl DVR'd and I have watched it probably at least 10 -15 times since. I still go crazy when Collins gets his pick six.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyway, last night I finished re-watching the Pack/Eagles playoff game.
Phillies kicker missing.
Dog killer losing.
Etc etc.
I have too.... .rewatching that Eagles game, you will notice that we barely beat them. That game could have gone either way, easily.

Their kicker was the Pro Bowl kicker. But he missed TWO 40-yarders! That's luck. Had he missed one only, he could have attempted the game-winner at the end instead of them having to get it into the end zone. Remember the 4th&26 nightmare? That ***** made 2 harder, clutch kicks to send it to OT, and then eliminate us.

That was bad luck. This was good luck. I used to hate David Akers.
Now I love him!

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I have too.... .rewatching that Eagles game, you will notice that we barely beat them. That game could have gone either way, easily.

Their kicker was the Pro Bowl kicker. But he missed TWO 40-yarders! That's luck. Had he missed one only, he could have attempted the game-winner at the end instead of them having to get it into the end zone. Remember the 4th&26 nightmare? That ***** made 2 harder, clutch kicks to send it to OT, and then eliminate us.

Now I love him!

We would have won that game by more if James Jones doesn't drop that TD pass. Just like the one he dropped in the Super Bowl. :wacko:

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The other advantage to having it DVRd is to fast forward through the commercials. (And I hate commercials.)
I'm going to do an experiment and see how long it takes to watch without 'em. (I'll add in half time even though I'll zip through that too.)

Anyone else done that? How long did it take without ads?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I had them all saved on my Dish receiver. We then got rid of Dish and got Att....

I forgot I had them saved

DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've watched the playoff and Super Bowl games about 6 - 7 times each this past summer and about half of the regular season games 3 - 4 times each. I usually watch them when I work out, jog on my treadmill, etc.

My favorite is the Falcons playoff game. Just a dominating performance by A-Rod and I never get tired seeing Tramon's pick six to end the first half.

Reaction score
As a CUBS fan, thank God I had those playoff games to watch this summer {and spring, too, I guess}, but I only recorded the games with Atlanta, Chicago and the Super Bowl. Wished I had recorded all of them, too. I've watched those three game a lot and never grow tired of it. Hard to select a favorite play, but I absolutely LOVE Raja's pick 6 against the Bears and of course, Tramon's 70 yard interception return against Atlanta for a TD right before the half. Both were sooooooo beautiful. Plenty of "total team" effort awards to go around in post season play.

maccadon3000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just bought the Super Bowl last night from iTunes. Only $2.99! No commercials, but no post game, which kind of sucks. You can buy the NFL Channels post game coverage for another $2. You can purchase any of the other games from the whole season for only $2 a piece. Gotta love iTunes.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides ours, that is the best playoff game I've ever seen!
I still have that sucker on my DVR because watching Farve **** away that Super Bowl is CLASSIC!

I mean, Longwell was right there.... he's clutch.... but Farve did it again. Oops.
He scarred Viking fans like he did us so many times -after Reggie left us.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score

Now I love him!
But the game didn't go either way, nor easily.
We didn't "barely" beat them, we beat them. The Packers never lost by more than 4 points all season and never were behind by more than 7 so everybody "barely" beat us yet we had a 10-6 record. Pro Bowl kickers miss field goals, Pro Bowl QBs throw interceptions. That's not luck, that's NFL football. So Akers missing field goals is luck yet 4th and 26 is not?
Hey, we "barely" beat the Iggles first game of the season too, you know, where Vick became a God? But we did win. We "lucked" out he didn't play the whole game right? Because then we would have defensed against him like in the playoffs and beat him anyway.
Dude, I believe you're either a huge reader of Tarot cards, believer in black cats, walking under ladders, an Iggles fan or just adamant that the World Champions aren't that good.
"Luck" is winning the lottery, winning the Super Bowl is all team chemistry and skill and timing. You don't march through the best of both conferences and win it all by "luck" as the 6th seed. One happens once in a million, the other happens one in 32. You gotta be good to win the Super Bowl, ask Minnesota Vikings fans.
Good isn't enough, lucky might be enough if you have a high enough seeding, but to march through the very best of that season's teams as the very last seed and beat the second best seed in the AFC is so far from "lucky" that it surprises me you make the point.

Tecmo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Pass is picked off! Tramon WILLIAMS AND HE MAY GO! They tried to bite off more yardage, and they...just...got...burned." - Joe Buck

Never gets old.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But the game didn't go either way, nor easily.
We didn't "barely" beat them, we beat them. The Packers never lost by more than 4 points all season and never were behind by more than 7 so everybody "barely" beat us yet we had a 10-6 record. Pro Bowl kickers miss field goals, Pro Bowl QBs throw interceptions. That's not luck, that's NFL football. So Akers missing field goals is luck yet 4th and 26 is not?
Hey, we "barely" beat the Iggles first game of the season too, you know, where Vick became a God? But we did win. We "lucked" out he didn't play the whole game right? Because then we would have defensed against him like in the playoffs and beat him anyway.
Dude, I believe you're either a huge reader of Tarot cards, believer in black cats, walking under ladders, an Iggles fan or just adamant that the World Champions aren't that good.
"Luck" is winning the lottery, winning the Super Bowl is all team chemistry and skill and timing. You don't march through the best of both conferences and win it all by "luck" as the 6th seed. One happens once in a million, the other happens one in 32. You gotta be good to win the Super Bowl, ask Minnesota Vikings fans.
Good isn't enough, lucky might be enough if you have a high enough seeding, but to march through the very best of that season's teams as the very last seed and beat the second best seed in the AFC is so far from "lucky" that it surprises me you make the point.
We will all have our own feelings, viewpoints and personal opinions on each game and no one is right or wrong.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Pass is picked off! Tramon WILLIAMS AND HE MAY GO! They tried to bite off more yardage, and they...just...got...burned." - Joe Buck

Never gets old.
Same with: This is not Detroit man. This is the Super Bowl!

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will n ever be able to get rid of my DVR.... And yes I have re-watched every single playoff game. Also I have NFL Network's NFL Rewind of the last 3 games. It's a lot more fun to watch when you know the outcome is AMAZING!

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Never gets old.

Here ya go.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM1mXnqub-8]2010-2011 NFL Playoffs: Green Bay Packers vs. Atlanta Falcons Tramon Williams Pick 6 Interception - YouTube[/ame]

Check out the reaction from A-Rod at 0:25.
He's excited for the D-Fence.
That shows that he is proud of the whole team and that he is an unselfish all around team player.

Staff online

Latest posts