1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Was Clay benched for trying to kill Russell Wilson?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Eli Haugen, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Eli Haugen

Eli Haugen Cheesehead

Feb 5, 2014
    I loved every second of it... I wanted, and still want seahawk blood. But that "block" on wilson was attempted murder... Wilson was head turned, and being hit by Barrington i believe. Clay came in with a technically legal lol "block", that was so viscious. So devestating... It would have ended Wilsons season, and possible his career. Mathews missed him... Well chipped him. If Mathews was driving off the tee, we would have shanked it right 2 fairways away...

But say Mathews connects on that "block"?!? Wilson leaves on a stretcher. No ifs ands or buts about it.....

And though it was legal. it was flagged... Thats how scary it was...
    I am guessing, after the Packers brass watched that play in slow motion. They may have pulled a typical ultra conservative Packers move, and benched him...

Thoughts on hit, flag, and insights to where clay was down the stretch?
  2. PWT

PWT Cheesehead

Jan 23, 2009
    With 3:50 left in 4th quarter, Mathews had leg issue and was taken out of the game by the Packers.
  3. King of Jeans

King of Jeans Cheesehead

Jan 15, 2015
    that's what they said anyways