wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Walker breaks silence
Packers wide receiver isn't mad at Favre
By LORI NICKEL
[email protected]
Posted: May 13, 2005

Green Bay Packers receiver Javon Walker claims that he holds no grudges against Brett Favre over the quarterback's criticism of his contract holdout and left open the possibility that he would attend the team's next minicamp next month.

Javon Walker is scheduled to make a base salary of $515,000 next year.

The Pro Bowl receiver spoke to a reporter from WTMJ Channel 4 Thursday at Mitchell International Airport, soon after he arrived in Milwaukee for the first Javon Walker Celebrity Softball Slam, Saturday afternoon at Miller Park.

"As a matter of fact, I didn't hear the comments," Walker said when asked about Favre's blunt criticism of Walker's holdout a week ago. "I heard them from friends. But I'll never hold a grudge, you know. He's a great quarterback and I don't see myself playing with any other quarterback."

Walker missed the Packers' post-draft minicamp and could not say for sure whether he would attend the next minicamp, which begins June 1.

"Um, I'm not sure," Walker said. "It's a possibility."

Walker was asked if he would consider playing for the Packers even if they didn't immediately sweeten his contract. Walker is scheduled to make a base salary of $515,000 next year.

"We'll just have to wait and see," he said.

He did say he hoped his reputation with fans is not damaged by the holdout.

"I'm hoping it is something that they can forgive and forget," Walker said.

Meanwhile, Walker's agent, Drew Rosenhaus was interviewed on ESPN on Thursday, saying he was certain he would be successful in getting a deal between Walker and the Packers.

"It's only May. Everyone should just chill out," Rosenhaus told ESPN.

Rosenhaus also had a shot for Favre.

"You know, I have to show great respect for the Hall of Famer, Brett Favre," Rosenhaus said. "But Brett Favre himself has had his own contract disputes. And I'm surprised he's not sympathetic and supportive, but we respect him."

Minicamp set: The Packers will hold seven practices as part of their second and final minicamp of this off-season.

The camp will run from June 1-3 and 6-9, the team announced Wednesday.

Practices will start at 11 a.m. except for the final day. On June 9, practice will start at 8:45 a.m. The workouts are scheduled to take place on Ray Nitschke Field and be open to the public. However, in the event of inclement weather or poor field conditions, the practices will be moved inside to the Don Hutson Center. Practices there would be closed.

Well, at least he said something. It looks like he's heading toward the right direction in coming to camp later this summer.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"But Brett Favre himself has had his own contract disputes. And I'm surprised he's not sympathetic and supportive, but we respect him."

Did Favre hold out? Ok then. Irrelavant. Lets check on that again, 3 time MVP and has a SB ring. Drew needs to **** and STFD.

Sounds like it's 85% Drew holding out 15% Walker holding out.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's #^()&%$* Rottenlouse spinning things again. Favre didn't report to a training camp after his contract ended and he was a RFA. Under those circumstances he can't even go to camp, I believe he has to be under contract before he can go to camp. Typical lawyer tactic of twisting something in their favor regardless of the truth. What a slimebag.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
PackerTraxx said:
What a slimebag.
I prefer the much more insulting...*********.
Touche? -- ..moving on......

I agree, Drew is one of the worst - only later on will Javon figure it out..
That's correct - even Rodgers couldn't actually step into the uniform and be on the same field with the rest of the Players without having first signed on the dotted line. Rosenwhatever must figure we all have short-term memory loss....

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He did say he hoped his reputation with fans is not damaged by the holdout.

"I'm hoping it is something that they can forgive and forget," Walker said
I hope in the finest Wisconsin fashion....the fans at Miller park BOO his *** right off the field. Maybe this will wake Javon up a little bit.
As for javons agent Rosenhaus...maybe he could clear his throat with a fart because he sure is talking out of his ***.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would just start a chant....

ROSENHAUS SUCKS - ROSENHAUS SUCKS

ROSENHAUS SUCKS - ROSENHAUS SUCKS

I wouldn't necessarily take it out on Walker directly.
Like Brett said - he's listening to the wrong advice!

AND - Somewhere along the line, Javon would get the hint, .....ya think?

Members online

Latest posts